Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Davies is the better for me, intelligent player. Gives stability to the back 4. I like Rose and his energy. I guess we are split with two good players in their own respected ways.

tbh I don't care how he's done compared to Davies in training, I miss seeing Danny start league games.
Davies is slightly the better defender. Last year Poch used Rose because his speed on the overlap was needed because we had no other fast player on the left. This year we have Son and N'jie so I expect Davies to be used much more.

Davies is slightly the better defender. Last year Poch used Rose because his speed on the overlap was needed because we had no other fast player on the left. This year we have Son and N'jie so I expect Davies to be used much more.

Everyone says that but I don't necessarily see it -- Danny is scrappy and amazing at making well-timed tackles in the box. I've seen Davies beaten more than once this season. Danny also has *it* -- the kind of it that instinctively tells your muscles to drill a shot into the ground and hop the keeper from some 15 yards out. Davies is a great squad player but Danny was one of our most impressive players last season, don't see how he's warranted being dropped.

*edit: this is also assuming N'jie is going to take Chadli or Eriksen's spot in the starting 11, which he won't. Son is quick but he's not nearly as straight line fast as Rose imo.

Last edited:
I don't buy this at all. Rose made some errors against Qarabag but he was clearly rusty. He also nearly scored and helped out our attack immensely. I like Davies but I have seen him make many more mistakes than Rose over the last season. Rose is vital to our play and is a must start when fit.

Awful last week. Great this week. Don't think Davies has done anything worthy of being dropped though. He has also been involved in our last two cleansheet.

The negativity surrounding changing our back five today means I should expect those same people to be happy with the back five that started against Palace to start vs City. So they should.

Awful last week. Great this week. Don't think Davies has done anything worthy of being dropped though. He has also been involved in our last two cleansheet.

The negativity surrounding changing our back five today means I should expect those same people to be happy with the back five that started against Palace to start vs City. So they should.
Rose is better than Davies end of no dispute only a wanker who is trying to be clever would argue otherwise.

If they were both the open market rose would command three times as much.

If fit Has too has too has too start saturday.

Rose is better than Davies end of no dispute only a wanker who is trying to be clever would argue otherwise.

If they were both the open market rose would command three times as much.

If fit Has too has too has too start saturday.

And if he isn't fit I imagine Pochettino will get the blame.

Davies just isn't quick enough, and that also restricts our attacking options. Rose has pace and he's becoming a better and more intelligent player every year. A bad match against the Qarabag is fine. I could have played in that match, had a bad game, and we'd probably still have won. Rose was great tonight, both in defense and coming forward.

Ok i am really fucked of with rose doubters

I've been going down the lane all my life. I ve seen good shit and ok left backs. Rose is good really good

If hand on heart you can say you got out of your seat because Davies did some thing then you are very strange person.

Rose bresks the net against the scum on his debut. Hardest fucker in the squad lung busting runs in attack or defence.

Best full back in the club. Any one thinks different well you just don't get tottenham

Back
Top Bottom