Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Above average is not good enough for a team of our season objectives. We can not keep conceding such goals. 12-15m would land us a top LB - no brainer for me.

Mate Levy will never throw out 12m plus 80k in wages for a LB when we just bought one that Rose is keeping out of the team. Never going to happen. Complete dreamland.

Also, if above average isn't good enough then we need to replace the whole squad barring Lloris.

Mate Levy will never throw out 12m plus 80k in wages for a LB when we just bought one that Rose is keeping out of the team. Never going to happen. Complete dreamland.

Also, if above average isn't good enough then we need to replace the whole squad barring Lloris.

im with you here.

plus if it came down to it, rather we splurge on a striker rather than a lb...
benteke for instance

Davis is understudy

Lloris is near world-class - one level below Bale. Same level as Modric and Berba.

Positions we need to address - LB, LW and upfront (assuming Walker will be back to his best and Lamela comes good)

Rose was poor today but I don't think a bad game should minimize that he's been above average all season. He's a limited player in some respects but replacing him with better would be difficult.
I think with Rose you've neither got a winger, nor a defender - oh god I sound like gibbs. If he really chased back when we lose possession he'd maybe do it. It's his his attitude more than his ability.

I think with Rose you've neither got a winger, nor a defender - oh god I sound like gibbs. If he really chased back when we lose possession he'd maybe do it. It's his his attitude more than his ability.
He was fuckin jogging everytime they countered - unacceptable

No, he's looked ordinary at best. He's young though.

the biggest problem i see with davis, is although he may turn into a solid to good LB he is not the type of lb we need. If we are going to stick to inverted wingers we really do need an attacking style FB.unfortunately these types of FB just arnt that great defensively, even the better ones aka alaba, marcelo, alves do make mistakes..and the lahm's and baines' of this world are out of our reach

It was bound to happen eventually. Seriously other than Lloris and Mason every single on our team has been putting in the odd dodgy performance. How come Rose is the only one that is gettting hounded for his? It's taking a long time too and it wasn't nearly as bad as many dodgy performances we've seen this season. In fact the one bad mistake he made (weak tackle in the build up to their goal) was added to by bad mistakes from at least two other players.

It was bound to happen eventually. Seriously other than Lloris and Mason every single on our team has been putting in the odd dodgy performance. How come Rose is the only one that is gettting hounded for his? It's taking a long time too and it wasn't nearly as bad as many dodgy performances we've seen this season. In fact the one bad mistake he made (weak tackle in the build up to their goal) was added to by bad mistakes from at least two other players.
He can't cross, and he's not a good defender.

First part is something I'll have to agree with but barely anyone in our team can at the moment. Second part is something I will however have to disagree strongly with.
That's ok. He plays too high up the pitch to be a 'defender' IMO, he's an average wingback, but we obviously disagree on this one.

Ok as a defender I think when the play is in front of him he is improving as a defender and is doing well, however in scramble defending and having to track back he is ok in one on ones but it is in these situations he has a mistake in him like today or being out of position at start. He needs to sure up the defensive game first, that's how Baines has done it over the years, he has not had a bad season and improved on last that is for sure.

With rose it's concentration he can't just jog back when there is a break on or if a winger runs past him just let him go, rose has talent as a footballer (minus the crossing) but for every good game there is a lazy game were he costs us goals normally because of lazy defending.

Back
Top Bottom