Cristian Romero

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Shocking tackle, got a red card for it after VAR

Romero was okay to play on thankfully
The still picture looks bad but those tackles are really unfortunate. I don’t think the Bolivian player even tried to tackle… he just ends up stepping on his ankle because Romero was quicker to the ball.

Looked like a potential ankle breaker on replay, so glad he’s ok.

The still picture looks bad but those tackles are really unfortunate. I don’t think the Bolivian player even tried to tackle… he just ends up stepping on his ankle because Romero was quicker to the ball.

Looked like a potential ankle breaker on replay, so glad he’s ok.
Seems like it was just high up enough on the annkle that it pushed his whole lower leg into the ground, rather fully twisting the ankle. Romero was already at a fairly low angle.

My anxiety levels:

Heat Wave GIF

His record for Argentina is quite frankly ridiculous.

He's got 24 caps. He's started 23 of them. He's won 18 of those he's started. Lost just 1 game he's been involved in. 17 clean sheets.

3 international trophies within that same time too. No wonder Messi thinks he's the best centre back in the world.

Cristian Romero's father on the #thfc player: "With his first salary, I remember he called his mother and asked her to choose the house she wanted. He gifted the house to her. My birthday was coming up, and 20 days before, I was taken to see different houses. I thought it was a house that Cuti wanted to buy for himself, because I always stressed to him that he should invest on a roof over his head. I didn’t have my own house, and when he showed me around, he asked me if I liked it.

"I was delighted, it was a beautiful brand new house and suddenly he said to me this house is my birthday present. To this day, I remember that and I can’t go on, I get emotional."

View: https://x.com/hotspurrelated/status/1701957259658506700?s=46&t=Zr__ObRcjqxF616P03tagg

His record for Argentina is quite frankly ridiculous.

He's got 24 caps. He's started 23 of them. He's won 18 of those he's started. Lost just 1 game he's been involved in. 17 clean sheets.

3 international trophies within that same time too. No wonder Messi thinks he's the best centre back in the world.
From Messi's perspective, Romero was replacing the likes of Rojo and Fazio. I understand him fully.

Cristian Romero's father on the #thfc player: "With his first salary, I remember he called his mother and asked her to choose the house she wanted. He gifted the house to her. My birthday was coming up, and 20 days before, I was taken to see different houses. I thought it was a house that Cuti wanted to buy for himself, because I always stressed to him that he should invest on a roof over his head. I didn’t have my own house, and when he showed me around, he asked me if I liked it.

"I was delighted, it was a beautiful brand new house and suddenly he said to me this house is my birthday present. To this day, I remember that and I can’t go on, I get emotional."

View: https://x.com/hotspurrelated/status/1701957259658506700?s=46&t=Zr__ObRcjqxF616P03tagg

View: https://twitter.com/SilkyLounge6/status/1702000376168304964

Back
Top Bottom