Commoli - Spurs scouting network "a joke"

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He adds to the product, in that he adds to the amount of profit Levy makes.
In the short term, but what about the long term?

I genuinely believe that a lot of our signings over the past two summer windows were ones that we thought, and Levy was told, had potential and that at least some of them would come good for resale value. I think that was the strategy and I think it has spectacularly failed, possibly because Levy no longer has quality staff around him to spot talent.

You know, Baldini may be able to get a deal done, but as director of football he's surely also the man that Levy goes to for footballing opinion, i.e. who's up and coming, who would fit in and so on. I'm genuinely struggling to understand how he hasn't been sacked yet as in that respect of his job he has have been to be a total failure. Doesn't take a genius to spot.

I say , I say , I say ... How many Tottenham scouts does it take to change a light bulb?

None ... There aren't any

:memeokay:

Before Portsmouth Kaboul was ok but with iffy tendencies. On his return he has had one and a bit very good seasons and otherwise been injured and now there's this season.

Capable player, has been a good player, never consistent and currently not up to much.
My point was that Comolli spent a lot on a player with potential when at the time we needed an experienced centre half

Stats are facts, its the interpretations that need work and working out where to place the value
Stats do not tell you everything about a player. They don't tell you how the player will adapt abroad. Theydon't tell you the style of player the player is used to playing with. They don't tell you the type of management they are used to. They don't tell you the tactics they have been schooled in. They don't tell you about the personality of the player. I could go on. Point is that if we are recruiting based on statistical analysis then we aren't likely being thorough.

Stats do not tell you everything about a player. They don't tell you how the player will adapt abroad. Theydon't tell you the style of player the player is used to playing with. They don't tell you the type of management they are used to. They don't tell you the tactics they have been schooled in. They don't tell you about the personality of the player. I could go on. Point is that if we are recruiting based on statistical analysis then we aren't likely being thorough.

You are totally right and I doubt ANY team would just buy players based on statistics but they are a good starting point.

If you break down the performance of Gareth Bale into 8 things that you consider important you can try and find a player to replace them. In our statistical case Lamela was a fantastic candidate to replace Bale.

Going slightly off topic - Lamela's issues are age and adapting to a new league. It took Bale nearly 3 years to start turning up consistently yet we expect Lamela to just 'do it'.

I've said it many times now, but we don't actually know what Baldini's full job is. Obviously sorting transfers is part of it, but its not like he has free reign of the cheque book is it? He's basically just the middle man between Levy and the club.
I can't actually be bothered to do any research but whats out there in terms of what he actually does? It can't just be transfers, because that doesn't require a full time job, and anyway, final say lies with the committee that action the spending.
Is he ever seen at youth games?

Evening Standard putting the heat on Baldini.

The daily fail saying we are after Hector Moreno with Lennon, Townsend, Paulinho & Chiriches on the way out.

If only all the rumours were true for a change

What's that I hear you say? Scapegoat...... At Spurs , never

Back
Top Bottom