Commentators/pundits

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Barry Davies commentated on every round of our cup run in 93 and we cruised to the semi finals playing some lovely stuff, including the fisting of Man city at maine road when their fans rioted. Then they gave motson the semi final and we got cheated 1-0 by the scum.
So its the BBCs fault.

Listening to the dippers on Tuesday the commentary of Whiney McManaman was in itself excruciating but he's from Liverpool and played for them so he has an affection even though commentators are supposed to be neutral, but tonight ffs Savage and the other cunt were at one point try to suck the ball in the Atletico net sounded gutted that the goons fecked up! Is it just my imagination but are we the only team that ex players or commentators don't give a fuck about and every game we play win,draw or lose they manage to find a negative!

Listening to the dippers on Tuesday the commentary of Whiney McManaman was in itself excruciating but he's from Liverpool and played for them so he has an affection even though commentators are supposed to be neutral, but tonight ffs Savage and the other cunt were at one point try to suck the ball in the Atletico net sounded gutted that the goons fecked up! Is it just my imagination but are we the only team that ex players or commentators don't give a fuck about and every game we play win,draw or lose they manage to find a negative!
Savage was constantly banging on about how well Woolwich had apparently played
I thought they were bang average

Deep joy!
happy-dance-.gif

I'm actually quite enjoying Ally McCoist. Throws in some funnies. Tells it as it is and injects some historical facts about the area the game is being played in when there are some dips in the action.

:pochsmirk:

Not sure who the commentators on Malta TV are (they're English), but they're ok and don't have any so called experts sitting alongside them. Just straight forward commentary, makes a nice change.

I am looking for the pundit's thread but I see Henry is quitting his 4 Million pound a year contract with Sky.

4 million pounds for talking utter sh!t. It is way past words.

He was revered on Talksquawk but I always thought he was shite and a cheating cunt to boot

Hope this goes to iPlayer as will likely miss tonight but should be a great watch, best commentator ever.

My Favourite BBC footie commentator of them all. Soooo much better than that feckin anorak Motty.

Couple of interesting things came out of the programme that show what a great commentator he was across all sports -
1. The Boat Race which was so close, no one knew who'd won. Except Davies, who called it at the time.
2. Athletics 100m race. When recorded, there was no sound. So he had to re-do the commentary. Except he wasnt able to see the pictures, so had to do it blind. Nailed it first time.

And a great Spurs fan, although never confirmed it till late on.

Back
Top Bottom