Come here to laugh at West Spam

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can't pretend that I don't have a worry that our new stadium will have some of this going on

Few issues.

1. West Ham would be fucked even with a well managed move, athletics stadiums don't work for football, seats miles from the pitch and whatever anyone says bowl stadiums thy don't generate atmosphere as good purpose built football grounds. Our design blew me away in terms of the kop style stand, seats close to pitch, 4 sided stadium, it's a proper football ground at least in terms of current design (they could go mad and change it but hopefully not).

2. Wembley, purpose built for football but still a bit Emirates in nature, this is more of a concern next season. We will need to avoid what West Ham have happen and make sure people in each stand get equivant seating in Wembley or risk having seaters and standers fighting each other. Far as I am concerned you are in the West stand at Wembley you sit it's family, you are in the self or the park lane Wembley equivant don't moan if people stand. With both Wembley and the new stadium family and non-family sections need to be made clear.

3. Pricing, West Ham selling tickets at cheap prices to every lad and his dog will obviously mean a dilution of support, day trippers, other fans etc are bound to come for the experience. We should be able to limit this as I doubt Levy will sell tickets cheap and our waiting list is not a load of bollocks like West Ham's was. The amount of Spurs fans I know often struggling for tickets for certain games in particularly is large, most West Ham fans even at Upton Park seemed to get tickets really easily.

4 pubs/catering/transport. Slight concern, we struggle even with 36K, I really hope we have a plan for the pubs in particular.

5. Ambition, Brady always wanted West Ham to be Woolwich version 2 which is why the whole ground is considered family. I get the idea that Levy is keen to keep all sections of the Spurs fandom happy.

6 renting. We are renting Wembley so our control will be limited but it is at least a football stadium so they will have experience in managing a football match unlike the OS which only had a few football games at the Olympics. That we own our new stadium is golden and will enable to to forge our own destiny.

Overall I am looking forward to the move, the new stadium looks mint, my main issues are Wembley for a season, making sure we don't fuck up the ticketing like West Ham and certain things around the stadium like pubs. It won't be West Ham that was always going to be a total tits up but we should pay attention to a few things.

I can't pretend that I don't have a worry that our new stadium will have some of this going on

It won't be the same, but at least we won't drag in people with no relation to the club to fill seats, not to mention that horrendous running track.

Also the atmosphere section that has been so widely advertised should really, really help.

i really feel a little sadness for this fans ,they are suffering very hard,isn't it ?,the word "fucking" it's so often in these kind of vlogs made by WH fans after yesterday's match... i feel their pain so intense...they are really on suffering,isn't it???

i really feel a little sadness for this fans ,they are suffering very hard,isn't it ?,the word "fucking" it's so often in these kind of vlogs made by WH fans after yesterday's match... i feel their pain so intense...they are really on suffering,isn't it???
It's a lovely thing to see. Nothing like taking joy out of a deluded anti-Semitic, racist fascist cunt that's still dreaming of the day he looses his virginity to his cousin.

"It's happened again.."
One of their favourites so seems apt to sum up that shambles of a club.

Deluded bunch will pretend they can now concentrate on the league, last season was one of their best for ages and all it got them was a Europa League qualifier. What good is concentrating on the league going to do them?
Concentrate on the league to reach the Europa League to embarrass themselves and repeat.

Some of that West Ham tv is great viewing.

I wouldn't worry.they are used to it... Fucking is what most of them do with their wives, dogs....and daughters

What...too far?

CquUs-7XEAQPmGW.jpg

The big problem for west ham is the new stadium destroys the one thing fans have when things are bad: Hope. They are stuck at that place, no control over it, it's an athletics track and its shit. They already are expressing it even though they are supposed to be pretending it is great still. Worse, they have owners who just want to avoid spending money and they cant even manage the qualifying for the Europa. Its all doom and gloom and their is no hope of positive change. I find it funny given most of them are cunts. There will be one or two who are actually normal people and i feel sorry for them, a bit, because their club has been destroyed.

:levylol:Love the fact that the stadium move has actually been more catastrophic than I'd hoped for.

All my West Ham mates have gone completely silent so you know it's terminal

I knew their stadium was shit, but tried to rein in my bias and said it was probably a good thing for them given their situation as a smaller club. But I have not only found that the stadium really is shit, in fact, much shitter than I had predicted, but also that I was wrong and it isn't a good thing for their club at all. It's so much worse than I could have hoped for. It's amazing.

:levylol:Love the fact that the stadium move has actually been more catastrophic than I'd hoped for.

All my West Ham mates have gone completely silent so you know it's terminal

Same here, no biting back from spam mates after Thursday night. This is worrying, they always provided comedy but I am actually starting to pity them whilst thinking what if that happened to spurs?

You know being in a stadium not fit for purpose, losing games to inferior teams, having to sit with other fans who are displaying your rivals shirts, poor stewarding resulting in violence and having a list of injured players only a red cross appeal could help.

I thought about this and then realised this won't happen to spurs and now feel content to rip the piss out of them at every opportunity!

Same here, no biting back from spam mates after Thursday night. This is worrying, they always provided comedy but I am actually starting to pity them whilst thinking what if that happened to spurs?

You know being in a stadium not fit for purpose, losing games to inferior teams, having to sit with other fans who are displaying your rivals shirts, poor stewarding resulting in violence and having a list of injured players only a red cross appeal could help.

I thought about this and then realised this won't happen to spurs and now feel content to rip the piss out of them at every opportunity!

The whole world warned them though.

1 stadium with running track miles from the pitch creating dead atmosphere.
2 renting not owning the stadium so having little control over stewarding etc
3 Brady making the whole stadium 'family friendly' causing fights between sitters and standers
4 cheap tickets so cheap that other fans and day trippers jump into make up the numbers again destroying the atmosphere.

This really is now like what would happen if a bunch of Cowboys tried to make a new Woolwich, infant it's not like that it is that. This isn't West Ham anymore it's some sort of West Ham cross Woolwich cross comedy hybrid.

Isn't wearing other team's shirts in the home end against Premier League rules? I know that wasn't a Premier League game but I assume since they're all kids in these pics they're using the freebies that Newham council get for every game so they'll be back. I know lots of teams that can't sell out their games offer reduced price tickets to local schools and unis but they expressly say if you're wearing another team's shirt you won't be let in. It just seems like the security at London Stadium don't know the rules.

Back
Top Bottom