Come here to laugh at West Spam

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Brady is infuriating. She claims that any fan in the new stadium will not be any further from the pitch than at Wembley. Well this is actually not actually a good thing because:
  • 20,000 seats will not be used.
  • An extra 40,000 seats can fit in the same space at Wembley.
  • Wembley has a vertical view of the action which helps the togetherness, West ham will have a horizontal view.
It is this kind of spinning which is annoying. I suppose it appeases the fan base but they will get a shock how far they are from the pitch on the first match.

Brady is infuriating. She claims that any fan in the new stadium will not be any further from the pitch than at Wembley. Well this is actually not actually a good thing because:
  • 20,000 seats will not be used.
  • An extra 40,000 seats can fit in the same space at Wembley.
  • Wembley has a vertical view of the action which helps the togetherness, West ham will have a horizontal view.
It is this kind of spinning which is annoying. I suppose it appeases the fan base but they will get a shock how far they are from the pitch on the first match.

iconic stadium ...

PxPy1Vb.jpg

jDkArwG.jpg

iconic stadium ...

PxPy1Vb.jpg

jDkArwG.jpg
things to consider:
1) Rugby posts go roughly the same distance apart as football posts. this is why rugby fans dont like places like reading and wigan. smaller area behind the try line.
2)that disabled platform looks like its about 30 ft wide. and look ar rhe size of the moat behind it. that another 30 ft at least. so maybe 60 ft between tiers. that wont do the atmosphrere much good.
3)there are at least 4 lanes of athletics track visible, from that shallow angle, between the pitch edge and the seats. an athletics lane is 1.22m wide, and the line dividing them is 5cm. lets round up to 4 lanes at 1.3m. Thats 5.2 metres. then another metre or so for the pitchside as used by the lino. so lets 5.2 metres. about 18ft. At least
4)I went to the paralympoics. my seat was back row(the very back tow). about level with the corner of the pitch , to the left, on the second picture.They wont be able to tell who is taking a corner on the far end of the pitch. Much as I hate spam, their support has been sold a proper pup. From where i sat, too the opposite corner of the pitch (diagonally) is gonna be 175 metres , or not far off.

dimnsions of an Olympic 400m track:

17-A-Running-Tracks-Example-2.jpg

corner to corner , diagonal on the rectangle is 92 metres

Im wrong..its about 112 metres

Last edited:
things to consider:
1) Rugby posts go roughly the same distance apart as football posts. this is why rugby fans dont like places like reading and wigan. smaller area behind the try line.
2)that disabled platform looks like its about 30 ft wide. and look ar rhe size of the moat behind it. that another 30 ft at least. so maybe 60 ft between tiers. that wont do the atmosphrere much good.
3)there are at least 4 lanes of athletics track visible, from that shallow angle, between the pitch edge and the seats. an athletics lane is 1.22m wide, and the line dividing them is 5cm. lets round up to 4 lanes at 1.3m. Thats 5.2 metres. then another metre or so for the pitchside as used by the lino. so lets 5.2 metres. about 18ft. At least
4)I went to the paralympoics. my seat was back row(the very back tow). about level with the corner of the pitch , to the left, on the second picture.They wont be able to tell who is taking a corner on the far end of the pitch. Much as I hate spam, their support has been sold a proper pup. From where i sat, too the opposite corner of the pitch (diagonally) is gonna be 175 metres , or not far off.

The rules for FIFA state that no seat should be 190m from the opposite end of the pitch (where you are viewing). This why you can make stadium wider on the sides of the pitch. I am pretty certain it is horizontal or a flat 190m not a height issue. Hence why Camp Nou can hold so many fans. West Ham could ignore this but would not be able to use their stadium in Europe at full capacity. There will be 20,000 seats behind the 190m threshold which will not be used anyway. The optimal distance from the centre circle is 90m to put things in perspective.
Whilst they may have lucked out getting the stadium I am so glad we are getting a purpose built stadium. For 54,000 fans to be that spread out this much is something one does not see often in stadiums. Perhaps Munich Olympic stadium but that can hold 15,000 more and that is a beautiful fucking stadium.

Have a look at FIFA rules page 19

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/tou..._recommendations_and_requirements_en_8211.pdf

The rules for FIFA state that no seat should be 190m from the opposite end of the pitch (where you are viewing). This why you can make stadium wider on the sides of the pitch. I am pretty certain it is horizontal or a flat 190m not a height issue. Hence why Camp Nou can hold so many fans. West Ham could ignore this but would not be able to use their stadium in Europe at full capacity. There will be 20,000 seats behind the 190m threshold which will not be used anyway. The optimal distance from the centre circle is 90m to put things in perspective.
Whilst they may have lucked out getting the stadium I am so glad we are getting a purpose built stadium. For 54,000 fans to be that spread out this much is something one does not see often in stadiums. Perhaps Munich Olympic stadium but that can hold 15,000 more and that is a beautiful fucking stadium.

Have a look at FIFA rules page 19

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/tou..._recommendations_and_requirements_en_8211.pdf
going from end to end,outside track edge to outside track edge is gonna be about 170 metres (even though some of the track will have seating over it)

I might have missed something here, so may be someone can help me out. The pikies bang-on about how they are only renting the stadium for 25 days per year and that the nearly £300m of public money it has cost to convert it for their use means it can be used for other events other than football because of the retractable seating, they make out it is therefore available for "other use" for 340 days of the year.
However, it has now been a month since the Anniversary Games and they look far from ready to host another event (Rugby World Cup), so appears it would take over 2 months to convert the stadium (month to convert it and I assume a month to convert it back again). With this turnaround time and with a football season lasting 9 months it means that the only time the stadium can actually be used for athletics is in the month of June!!

Back
Top Bottom