Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He’s better than Barkley, Lampard is just a moron.
Barkley has never come remotely close to justifying the hype surrounding him in his early days, I don’t think he will ever hit any great heights.
Bit surprised Lampard rates him better than Pulisic but hey ho, he’s the boss and he knows best 🥴

Frank Lampard is the first manager to remain winless in his first four home matches in charge of Chelsea since Bobby Campbell (W0-D3-L1), when he took over from John Hollins in March 1988.
f42cc6aa-e34c-4f8e-a7ef-fc8d20844f7b.jpg

Ah, I think there is a real chance that Chavs could crash and burn this season. Please, please, burn them all.

Frank Lampard is the first manager to remain winless in his first four home matches in charge of Chelsea since Bobby Campbell (W0-D3-L1), when he took over from John Hollins in March 1988.
f42cc6aa-e34c-4f8e-a7ef-fc8d20844f7b.jpg

I am the weaver....

He’s better than Barkley, Lampard is just a moron.

The Southgate is strong with him.... Also related to Redknapp; no doubt like's 'em "triffic".

Transfer ban and appointment of Lampard is allowing them to bring through a lot of the Chelsea youth - 6 of this squad of 18 ( one third) are club trained players

Abraham , Mount and Tomori are now regular starters - Abraham their highest scorer this season. Once Hudson- Odoi is fully fit ( just coming back from injury) I imagine he'll also become a first team regular.

Christianson has played 40 games for Chelsea and is a regular Danish International, so also likely to be a regular part of the Chelsea squad

Only effect of the transfer ban is to save them millions on transfer fees - and the risk of buying a player who doesn't settle.

Wish we had that number of youngsters to immediately come into the first team - and that Poch would give the likes of Skipp a reasonable amount of minutes.

Last edited:

Transfer ban and appointment of Lampard is allowing them to bring through a lot of the Chelsea youth - 6 of this squad of 18 ( one third) are club trained players

Abraham , Mount and Tomori are now regular starters - Abraham their highest scorer this season. Once Hudson- Odoi is fully fit ( just coming back from injury) I imagine he'll also become a first team regular.

Only effect of the transfer ban is to save them millions on transfer fees - and the risk of buying a player who doesn't settle.

Wish we had that number of youngsters to immediately come into the first team - and that Poch would give the likes of Skipp a reasonable amount of minutes.

Had a feeling this transfer ban would actually do more good than harm.

They've had an excellent academy for a while now.

So. Their technical director Petr Chech is now a hockey goalie and won MOTM in his debut.

Because hockey is the next logical step once you have had your skull crushed in football.

Christianson has played 40 games for Chelsea and is a regular Danish International, so also likely to be a regular part of the Chelsea squad

I don't think it has a lot to do with Lampard, had Sari remained he too might be doing the same. I appreciate that he largely ignored these players last year but he had already started to phase out Azpilicueta and Willian, whereas Lampard has re-introduced the pair.

Given Chelsea will sack a manager within two years the focus has always been on the present rather than the future, the ban has given them a free pass for Lampard this season, with most fans resigned to the expectation of finishing outside the top 4. This not only lifts the pressure on him but the players too.

Lampard has what is thought to be the best stable of young players available to him anywhere in the World. I think they are good players, some of whom will go on to have fantastic careers, he has them playing well, pressing high and aggressively and moving the ball with some fluidity but would be interested to see if they can maintain this through and past Christmas, gut says no.

I don't think it has a lot to do with Lampard, had Sari remained he too might be doing the same. I appreciate that he largely ignored these players last year but he had already started to phase out Azpilicueta and Willian, whereas Lampard has re-introduced the pair.

Given Chelsea will sack a manager within two years the focus has always been on the present rather than the future, the ban has given them a free pass for Lampard this season, with most fans resigned to the expectation of finishing outside the top 4. This not only lifts the pressure on him but the players too.

Lampard has what is thought to be the best stable of young players available to him anywhere in the World. I think they are good players, some of whom will go on to have fantastic careers, he has them playing well, pressing high and aggressively and moving the ball with some fluidity but would be interested to see if they can maintain this through and past Christmas, gut says no.

I think it's all about the transfer ban, not Lampard who is just the beneficiary

No top manager wanted to go to Chelsea ( and in Sari s case think he would have tried to avoid staying,) simply because trusting youngsters on a major scale is not an attractive proposition - unless you already have faith in the youngsters. And Lampard having found Mount to be a main man at Derby where he was manager, playing Aston Villa (,where Abraham was on loan scoring 30 + goals a season ) and aware of the likes of Hudson-Odoi and Loftus-Cheek from seeing them play for England (and RLC in PL at Palace) would have had s reasonable degree if confidence. Of course Chelsea also have a number of established players so the youth are the icing on the cake if Lampard can get them playing - and with low expectations of whether a Hazard less Chelsea might get top 4 or not this sesson I think it was seen as a low risk opportunity by Lampard.

In terms of durability Abraham, Mount and RLC have all played full seasons in Championship or PL before so should be able to handle a full season at Chelsea ( so no post Christmas burnout expected), worst case is that the likes of Hudson Odoi, Tomori, James and a few others need to be used more sparingly.

But whatever the outcome, it looks like Chelsea will emerge from this season with 3 - 8 "new" players either ready for next season or available for sale, with Lampard probably getting the equivalent of 4 or 5 players playing continually this season (adjusted for some players needing more rest so not playing a full season).

I doubt if Chelsea would have got as successful TW without the ban. So they have saved themselves maybe £100m - £200m and got a good selection of players to fill out their squad ( whilst selling a dodgy defender to Woolwich). Talk about hitting the jackpot !

Back
Top Bottom