Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So Eriksen reckons Baldini and Levy convinced him to sign with us. Little concerning that it suggests our manager didn't have "the right words", rather Baldini and Levy did. I wonder how many of the signings over the summer would have actually bothered with us if Baldini was elsewhere.
AVB's role in the transfer dealings is identifying where we need strengthening and creating a shopping list together with Baldini that has multiple choice should we be unable to grab our first choice.

How do you know he doesn't? It's a simple division of labour, AVB deals with the team, Baldini and Levy negotiate.
Not to mention that AVB has said on a few occasions that he supports the DoF system as he doesn't want to be involved in negotiations. Holding up your hands and saying that there are people better suited to negotiation is a strength imo, how many football managers have a strong financial acumen? Why should they be involved in negotiations past saying who they do and do not want?

I get that, but it would be nice if AVB had the same ability to persuade a player to sign with us as Baldini and Levy clearly have.

I agree with your sentiments wholeheartedly, but I'm sure he's done just fine in the times he has been the first line of negotiations. And iirc, Eriksen himself quoted a line from AVB that he really liked the day he signed. But with AVB focusing on getting the team as integrated as possible while Baldini and Levy were focused on getting the right players in, the results have clearly made a major difference from how we've performed in Augusts past.

Weren't people calling him slow? Not only is he plenty quick on his feet, more importantly he seems a very quick thinking player.

I did.

Actually I didn't, I was just correcting th expectations of some fans, who based on gods knows what computer games thought, that in Christian Eriksen, we'd be getting a Christiano Ronaldo clone, who'd burst past defenders for fun.

Really, we are getting a Xavi, perhaps an iniesta.Not bad either, eh.

i2TG1JEiKdcvD.gif

No. Different kind of player. IMHO anyway.
In what way ? Yes he lacks Modders silky touch, but the final pass, the potential game changing turn of foot is definatley there. With time and confidence I don't doubt that he could surpass Modrics contribution to the team. (Providing those green eyed stealing Cunts from Madrid steer clear)

Back
Top Bottom