Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So.....this Eriksen lad? Any good?
Nothing to write home about.
vertroll_s.png

Not so much in the UK though
Yeah, well not many people in the US have heard of Geordies, otherwise they might not be so quick to claim descent.

As for myself, I got tired long ago of listening to my mother tell us about our "good breeding," especially now that @ AberdeenYid AberdeenYid was so good to inform me of how fucked up and insane the people from Elgin, Scotland are, which is where my Scottish roots hail from.

Explains a lot, really. That side of the family is the loudest pack of alcoholic and unstable women that I have ever come across.

I'm so WASPy I could puke.

Debut beyond my wildest expectations, to be honest.
I thought he handled the tempo and the pressing very well.
Also I thought he seemed to click well with the others straight away.
Am very happy to see him not looked overmatched on a home debut, imagine how confident he must be right now.

Debut beyond my wildest expectations, to be honest.
I thought he handled the tempo and the pressing very well.
Also I thought he seemed to click well with the others straight away.
Am very happy to see him not looked overmatched on a home debut, imagine how confident he must be right now.
Likewise! I would love to see a midfield three of him and Holtby with Sandro (back to top form) anchoring them. SO MUCH CREATIVITY!

Weren't people calling him slow? Not only is he plenty quick on his feet, more importantly he seems a very quick thinking player.

I think the idea was that in the Eredivisie he had a lot of time on the ball, so it was unclear if he ha the quickness for the pressing in the PL.

Weren't people calling him slow? Not only is he plenty quick on his feet, more importantly he seems a very quick thinking player.
People thought he was slow because all of the highlights that they watched of him were of his head up looking for a pass. They couldn't get it through their thick heads that they weren't watching a player at full sprint.

His speed is unexceptional, but he's not slow, he just doesn't rely on pace to beat his man; he's looking for the pass instead.

Actually, he looks very light on his feet to me. Looks extremely comfortable with both feet. His first-touch looks amazing, and his feet look very active.

I'm calling him "Twinkle Toes" from now on. Twinkle Toes Eriksen

Anyone think it is safe to get an eriksen shirt with 23 or will he take adebayor's number
That's what I'm wondering.:avbcringe:
I am planning to get my first jersey ever, and am probably gonna get Eriksen's name on it.

But, idk ... right now he is #23.
Could he get the #10 ... very likely, but how soon?

If Ade leaves in the winter window, can a player change numbers then, or do they still have to wait for summer?

Regardless of what happens with Ade, I just hope Eriksen does get #10.
He's a proper #10 ... and thus deserves it.
Plus, I would love having a #10 jersey! :eriksenlol:
(But, I dont wana wait til next year to get my jersey ... ahhh, decisions decisions.)

Edit:
I'm gonna move this over to the kit thread ... where it's probably more fitting.

Back
Top Bottom