Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can read Portuguese but I can't understand a word they're saying. They sound like slurring drunk Spaniards with learning difficulties. How come you speak Gallego? That's pretty rare.

Bro my missus works in a Latin Band and the Cubans and Peruvians are so much easier for me to understand than the Brazilians and Portuguese/Angolans. Sometimes the Spaniards speak too quick for me to catch though! :soldadowtf:

@ SanDiegoYiddo SanDiegoYiddo

OK, so to correct your unintentional blunder. What you should have said is either:"most of the teams I've played for in the last 3 or 4 years only spoke Spanish. I was the only Anglo-Saxon/WASP." or "most of the teams I've played for in the last 3 or 4 years only spoke Spanish. I was the only Irish-American/German-American/Polish-American" or just American if you're sure that the others were not born-citizens. I'll also give you non-latino.

Mexican is not a race either. You want to tell me Salma Hayek or Rafael Marquez aren't white?
Yeah bruh... I'm just gonna go ahead and call my Mexican friends Mexican.

HARRY KANE IN PERSONALITY SHOCKER!!!!!!!

It would appear I had the guy all wrong!

...and also, why was Christen Eriksen interviewing himself??
I thought Flav looked like that guy... (@ The Cowbell The Cowbell you say??)
either way, it seems we have a new look-a-like contender!

I'm convinced that this guy is told to make every interview and video as awkward as possible
AcfjKzN.jpg

Cheers - never seen that before.

Not sure why the Protestant is in there but WAS seems a pretty concise way to identify what many people term as "White"
Historically in the U.S. Catholicism was associated primarily with the lower-class and immigrants. The WASP designation therefore would refer to the traditional societal elite of the US. Without the "P" you would also have been referring to broad immigrant populations like the Irish, Italians, and the Poles, who were understood to not be a part of that upper class.

So, it's a fairly descriptive term.

It's a very American term. Anything overly genteel, stuffy, prim, etc. will get called 'WASPy', like a country club or the Upper East Side. A world utterly unavailable to Jews, Catholics, etc. …much less Southern Europeans or African-Americans. Think Age of Innocence or House of Mirth.

Pete Campbell is a WASP. Don Draper is not.
Although, I would say Don Draper is WASPy as fuck, he was just "born on the wrong side of the tracks."

Richard Whitman is his birth name. That speaks volumes right there...

Back
Top Bottom