Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I swear, he keeps a fucking spreadsheet of everyone here cross-referenced with what they said about each player and when for future reference. The only thing more aspergers-like is his continued reference of his own previous comments from three years ago.

That spreadsheet is full of concocted misinterpretations and wishful paraphrases that barely have merit. "Asperger's" is too much credit, as they can have excellent reading comprehension skills and are excellent memorizers and analyzers of facts.

Gibbs thinks that I have sold Paulinho, Sandro, Vertonghen and Capoue.

Me. A poster on an internet forum.

He accused ME of selling them.

He also argued it twice, in two separate posts, just to nail it home.

That is all.

Gibbs thinks that I have sold Paulinho, Sandro, Vertonghen and Capoue.

Me. A poster on an internet forum.

He accused ME of selling them.

He also argued it twice, in two separate posts, just to nail it home.

That is all.

Well it's therefore apparently obvious you prefer Danny Rose and Kyle Naughton to any of those players. Why don't you go sit on Elton John's piano in assless chaps while he sings "Tiny Dancer?"

Wonder if he'll start to play centrally under whoever we appoint.

Actually there are way too many questions I've got right now about this squad under the new manager.

Me too. I think the team that played the last game (1st half anyway) is hopefully a clue as to how we will move forward. We did a lot of things more direct, through the middle while using the width of the pitch to tire the op.

Lots of power in the final third, a strong spine along with trickery and quick feet/thinking to get it there.

Based on this season for us, I wouldnt name Paulinho in a starting line up either. He'd be lucky to make the bench, and playing well on the last day, against a team arguably worse than those that went down, doesnt really change much.
I'm sorry but you can't argue a team that survives is worse than the teams that go down, league position = how good you were in the season, when we start debating that what's the point in football?!
Also Pauliniho has scored 7 prem goals this season, of course all from open play and yet people think Bobby should be starting but Pauli shouldn't even make the bench, really?

I'm sorry but you can't argue a team that survives is worse than the teams that go down, league position = how good you were in the season, when we start debating that what's the point in football?!
Also Pauliniho has scored 7 prem goals this season, of course all from open play and yet people think Bobby should be starting but Pauli shouldn't even make the bench, really?

And there are also plenty of people who would be happy to see both leave. All sorts of opinions every which way.

As long as Eriksen can stop being swatted off the ball and maintain the obvious talent he has got then upwards & onwards we can go.

I would indeed like to see more tenacity from him. On one side, his cool-headedness is an advantage because he keeps his head up and keeps going even when the shit is piled against the wall, but on the flip side I'd really like to see our No 10 get more emotionally involved and grab the game by the balls. When he loses the ball or makes a poor pass, I'd like to see him get pissed more often.

And there are also plenty of people who would be happy to see both leave. All sorts of opinions every which way.

There are many opinions. Like International managers don't think Soldado can make the World Cup for Spain.

Brazils manager thinks Paulinho can. Torres had even less prem goals than Soldado but he made it to the world cup.

It must be crazy for Paulinho. This will be year 3 without a proper break.

As long as Eriksen can stop being swatted off the ball and maintain the obvious talent he has got then upwards & onwards we can go.

That is why he needs protection. This time he had Sandro, Kane, Ade and Paulinho closer to him to help fight the hard nosed aspect.

It allowed him to really dictate.

Villa were fucking shit. End of.

If it makes you feel better IMO, Paulinho wouldnt make the bench based on his performances this season in a fully fit squad.

If it makes you feel better IMO, Paulinho wouldnt make the bench based on his performances this season in a fully fit squad.
They were, I don't disagree with that. The teams below them were worse though.
Also fair enough, I must say I strongly disagree with you. Paulinho would be starting in mine.

They were, I don't disagree with that. The teams below them were worse though.
Also fair enough, I must say I strongly disagree with you. Paulinho would be starting in mine.

Not mine, then again, only Eriksen would start based on last last season

Edit: Just remembered that I have sold most of our midfield anyway

I'm curious, what do you have as a starting central midfield (all three) for next season?

This season has made it almost impossible for me to pick.

Based on past performances, and assuming we wont buy another midfielder, Id go with a midfield of:

Lamela....................Sandro..........................Demele.....................Chadli

............................................Eriksen

Or maybe:

Lennon......................Sandro....................Dembele..................Eriksen

..............................................Lamela

Based on past performances, and assuming we wont buy another midfielder, Id go with a midfield of:

Lamela....................Sandro..........................Demele.....................Chadli

Or maybe:

Lennon......................Sandro....................Dembele..................Eriksen

Interesting. For me, I see these lineups and think it almost impossible a new manager doesn't bring in at least a couple additions to improve our midfield five.

Also Lennon did not play. Sooo.

Or maybe:

Lamela was TERRIBLE played on the wing. He got steamrolled and was a liability off the ball. He needs protection like Eriksen does. Lennon had ZERO click with any of our current players.

Basically you seem to be like AVB. Soft as shite on the wings which is where we were torn apart time and time again.

Looks like you whole opinion is based on last season. We had Bale then. If you have the second best winger in the world, your shape works(ish). We don't. So we need to adapt. There HAS to be a DM behind Lamela or Eriksen. It's not fair on the defence otherwise.

Nailed on soft Spurs. Our DM's ran themselves into the ground because of 4-4 whats the score.

Interesting. For me, I see these lineups and think it almost impossible a new manager doesn't bring in at least a couple additions to improve our midfield five.

Doesnt look great, but we have to remember that the main theme of this season is two managers that didnt get the best out of the squad.

Im waiting to see what happens now.

Want to see some commitment first and foremost. When peopel stop bitching about gametime and leaving, and actually talk about what THIS CLUB can achieve, I will wipe the slate clean and forget this season.

Back
Top Bottom