Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ridiculous amount to be fair. You offer him that and you'll get the likes of Lamela, Dembele, Kane etc who either performed better or at a similar level to him last season asking for the same.

We have a lot of contracts running out in the next two years

Vorm (Not really important, won't get another contract)
Jan (Coming to the end of his career, will probably sign another)
Lamela (Repeatedly said he wants to stay, be surprised if no new contract)
Eriksen (Probably leave sooner or later)
Yedlin (Not that important)
Chadli (Will probably be gone this year)

if you wanna keep your top players. You have to pay them accordingly.

I tend to think he flatters to deceive. He's not as irreplaceable as Klinsmann, Carrick, Modric, Berbatov or Bale were.

He's scored some important goals and flung in some lovely free kicks, but he's been guilty of using the Sigurdsson cloak for several games at a time, too, and isn't much of a get-stuck-in battler. All "imo" of course.

If I were ranking our best current players, my list would start off like:

Kane
Lloris
Lamela
Dier
Alderweireld
Alli
Dembele

and then I might start looking at Rose, Walker, Eriksen etc.

Fucking Leicester pay Vardy more than we pay Kane. The accountants on here must be loving that.

And QPR probably pay half of the shite they picked up more than Vardy. Smaller clubs have to compensate ambition with money, so it's not all relative imo.

We're ridiculously far behind regarding wage-structure. Our current structure is simply not feasible if we want to hold on to and attract big players
Exactly. IF the likes of Crystal Palace and West Ham are now paying their stars more than us, surely that removes any credibility Levy has left as a progressive chairman. Especially when he, himself, is the highest paid club chairman in English football.

To be fair, if the article is true. I'd flog him before the end of the window. Ridiculous to try and think he's worth double our highest earner. The guy needs a reality check.

How is Eriksen demanding to be paid double our highest earner when he hasn't earned it himself meaning we aren't acting like a big club? Why hasn't the likes of Dier, who's about to agree a new 70k deal not rejecting the offer and asking for double that? He's equally as important to us.

Eriksen has always been about himself. Which is fair play to him. He's always said he wants to play for different teams in different leagues etc and is going to want as much money as possible but to reject a lowball Levy offer probably isn't the best idea he's had and then try demanding double our highest earner, if the article is true, is just ridiculous.

And QPR probably pay half of the shite they picked up more than Vardy. Smaller clubs have to compensate ambition with money, so it's not all relative imo.

He's underpaid here. That's all. I'm not bothered what QPR pay their players. He doesn't expect 150k - he's dealing with Levy.

He's underpaid here. That's all. I'm not bothered what QPR pay their players. He doesn't expect 150k - he's dealing with Levy.
How is he underpaid? The offer he'd have got from Levy would have probably put him in line of equalling our highest earner which meant he'd have been paid his level.

Back
Top Bottom