Chelsea vs Tottenham. Thursday the 2nd of May. 19:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am.

Not against Spurs specifically but there is no question will from the premier league to aid certain outcomes that might extend the title race in this case.

There are 100% owners that will be looking to influence officials as well. If you think Howard Webb is playing straight I have some magic beans to sell you.
I certainly believe there is at least some bribery that has occurred in the prem. And likely some influencing of officials to try and extend the title race in order to drive ad revenue/media interest. I just don’t know that those things have been a consistent factor to us being slightly disfavored in our reffing decisions overall.

I really don't give a fuck anymore.

This is the attitude I like to see in 2024.

Now let’s use it.

Next person you see littering go behind them and kick them in the back of the knee.
Watch them fall over and walk away laughing like a maniac.

Then go into Tescos do a a £500 shop and when you get to the tills haggle on the price like you are in a rug market in Marrakesh.
If they don’t barter down by minimum 10% just walk away saying “It’s not like the old days” and muttering “fucking Martin Lewis money saving wanker” under your breath.

Finally dye your hair green and get a tattoo of a spider web on your face and IDGAF on your forehead.

(I do sometimes wonder why my life coaching business didn’t take off)

Sonny is not weak if you play him properly - he doesn’t work well in confined spaces which is what we put him in when we push up slowly. Fast breaks, long balls give him the space to outpace the opposition and put him in a scoring situation.
Ange wants the winger to run wide outside and hit balls across the box. That’s not really Sons game.

If it turns out to be our lineup obviously I will root for him to do well.

This is the attitude I like to see in 2024.

Now let’s use it.

Next person you see littering go behind them and kick them in the back of the knee.
Watch them fall over and walk away laughing like a maniac.

Then go into Tescos do a a £500 shop and when you get to the tills haggle on the price like you are in a rug market in Marrakesh.
If they don’t barter down by minimum 10% just walk away saying “It’s not like the old days” and muttering “fucking Martin Lewis money saving wanker” under your breath.

Finally dye your hair green and get a tattoo of a spider web on your face and IDGAF on your forehead.

(I do sometimes wonder why my life coaching business didn’t take off)
That's done the trick! I care deeply now.

Stop posting and take up dry stone walking and barge spotting then
*walling

You meant walling.

If I wanted advice about what to do when I feel negative I'd hardly ask you, arguably the most negative poster ever on this forum, would I?

ps - after Sunday I think I'm entitled to feel a bit sore about Spurs for once.

Wouldnt be a bad thing vdv playing left back to stop palmer.
Nah- VdV is great when in a straight footrace but not as quick side to side as shown when Isak cut behind him v Newcastle. Not sure what Udogies status is but i’d take him over VdV at LB any day. Ben idk tho- maybe VdV would be better than him. Hard to say.

You make some good points, but you're far too sure of yourself and haven't really addressed my concerns, more just a strawman of the 'hysterical paranoids'.

I don't think it's anti-spurs, just pro-narrative/agenda/bias/whatever. And yes, of course we're bigger than some others, but we clearly aren't the media darlings, either.

I didn't conveniently shift big 6 to big 5, I'm talking about US. I don't care if we get a bit of luck from bad refereeing once in a while. Yes, it's hypocritical, but I would feel bad if we were gaining more than we lost, as that's not winning fair and there's no point to that. I do remember occasions where we get some go our way, but it feels few and far between. The complaint here is that it's more often against us in particular games than for us. Are you happy with the refereeing in the Woolwich game? You shouldn't be.

I'm not hysterical, but sure, maybe a little paranoid. At some point, unless proven otherwise everyone on the side of 'is it just me?' seems that way. But believe me, I loudly and often blame plenty on us: our owners, our management and our players. We just don't need anyone else making it harder!

"Every club"? Are you sure? Liverpool and Manu? I suppose it depends when you ask. And that's not a refutation, btw, they can of course all think that. It does not, as with us, mean they are right.

RE: Liverpool: Plethora? There was only one dubious decision in the Liverpool game (Diaz goal should have stood, it was a massive mistake - and no, we didn't cry conspiracy because nobody would have heard us over scouse screaming). They rightly saw those 2 reds. Everything else was Klopp throwing toys out.

RE: City: Yep, agree, it was awful decision, but you can see it was n obvious mistake and he apologised, IIRC. Also, everyone went batshit crazy over it.

But, let's end this as we can't agree. So, I acknowledge that I, as a human, am prone to cognitive bias and often find it difficult to be impartial and balanced with regards to bad referring against Spurs. It drives me nuts and I just want them to do their job consistently and well, not matter the occasion or the clubs involved.
Well said sir.

I really don't give a fuck anymore.

Yes you do.

You care so deeply that your subconsciousness is trying to block out the pain, hurt and anguish that you have been feeling, and tricking you into thinking you feel empty and devoid of all feelings.

But you care. We care. Because that's what we do.

:angehug:

Oh shut up crying and watch the game you absolute womble!

*walling

You meant walling.

If I wanted advice about what to do when I feel negative I'd hardly ask you, arguably the most negative poster ever on this forum, would I?

ps - after Sunday I think I'm entitled to feel a bit sore about Spurs for once.

See! You DO care. If you didn't care, you wouldn't feel sore.

:dude: :dude: :dude: :dude: :dude:

That's weird. Will you be watching, emotionless? Or not watching? Why even come on a Spurs forum and post this?
Like anyone who posts here, including you, he was giving us the gift of sharing his innermost thoughts at that specific moment in time. It was a snapshot of despair.

Hopefully, as the game gets closer, he will start to give a fuck, as I am doing. The feelings of hatred are stirring in the pit of my stomach and will grow throughout the day, until this evening, when I'll be growling and spitting with everyone else.

Back
Top Bottom