Chelsea vs Tottenham. Thursday the 2nd of May. 19:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can't believe people are so naive to think their isnt!

Some people are just argumentative twats.

FWIW, I don't think we're all saying it's anti-spurs*, just pro-certain teams (the OG 'top-four', now top 5 with City).

* Except Oliver and Foy, obvs. :D

Liverpool got a pen EVERY SINGLE TIME Salah went down, because it was deemed their time.
ManU have evidently been given almost 2 minutes of extra time MORE than over half the league.
Arse were given the benefit of all doubts in that game and we just KNEW we'd be the first to be cautioned, even though Tomiyasu was kicking people for fun. Gentle Ben gets the yellow.

The bigger the fanbase/interest/moment for a given team, then more goes their way. It's not a conspiracy (even though such things could exist separately), it's just bias.

Whether any other forms of bias/corruption exists, who knows? Probably. It's a £500 billion industry, after all. Do you think the Forest owner is going to let his investment get relegated without trying to pull a few strings? He off'd 11 witnesses in his drug empire trial ffs. We should be studying him and their games with a microscope right now.

I didn’t say conspiracy. But we don’t get decisions that other teams get, because referees are ridiculously inconsistent and incompetent.
There's a simple way to prove it...
We get one of OUR players to do to their GK exactly what every team has been doing to Vicario since Jan, and see where it gets us...
.it'll either also be ignored, in which case we might even score from one... OR we get OUR players sent off for it...

In which case, all bets are off!

We know Jackson is a waste of space anyway..

Dragon Ball GIF by Toei Animation

Immediate upgrade and hat-trick forJackson.

NICE ONE SPANIEL!

:ange-clap:

ffs.

Some people are just argumentative twats.

FWIW, I don't think we're all saying it's anti-spurs*, just pro-certain teams (the OG 'top-four', now top 5 with City).

* Except Oliver and Foy, obvs. :D

Liverpool got a pen EVERY SINGLE TIME Salah went down, because it was deemed their time.
ManU have evidently been given almost 2 minutes of extra time MORE than over half the league.
Arse were given the benefit of all doubts in that game and we just KNEW we'd be the first to be cautioned, even though Tomiyasu was kicking people for fun. Gentle Ben gets the yellow.

The bigger the fanbase/interest/moment for a given team, then more goes their way. It's not a conspiracy (even though such things could exist separately), it's just bias.

Whether any other forms of bias/corruption exists, who knows? Probably. It's a £500 billion industry, after all. Do you think the Forest owner is going to let his investment get relegated without trying to pull a few strings? He off'd 11 witnesses in his drug empire trial ffs. We should be studying him and their games with a microscope right now.
But you've conveniently shrunk the BIg 6 down to the Big 5 to try and fit your narrative, and we have one of the biggest fan bases in the country.

Remember City away earlier this season? Simon Hooper blew his whistle for a free kick instead of playing an obvious advantage that would have led to a City winner. One of the most awful decisions of the season.
We weren't crying conspiracy or bias then, as I can remember.

What about the plethora of dubious decisions that went our way at home to Liverpool? We loved it and royally took the piss.

This is nothing short of paranoia, mate. Hysterical paranoia that someone else has to be responsible for our own shortcomings. And we mockingly call Liverpool "Victims FC"

Every club will have a section of fans convinced the officials are biased against them.

This constant blame shifting and victimisation is becoming embarrassing. I'm embarrassed myself that I've even got myself involved in the debate

Subconscious bias is not the same as a conspiracy, John. A conspiracy actually implies conscious action and participation. I’ve not suggested that was the case.

I am.

Not against Spurs specifically but there is no question will from the premier league to aid certain outcomes that might extend the title race in this case.

There are 100% owners that will be looking to influence officials as well. If you think Howard Webb is playing straight I have some magic beans to sell you.

Back
Top Bottom