Chelsea vs Barça

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Them scraping a luck 1-0 might actually work in our favour - if they'd been beaten 4-0 they would have written off the competition and put all their energy in to beating Woolwich

now they will foolishly think they have a chance of winning the thing and so will rest players, lose and leave 4th as a straight race between us and Newcastle

I didnt watch the game, but I can't help but feel slightly uneasy... All Chelsea need is a draw over there, or even a 1 goal loss if they get an away goal....

They can be solid when they want to be so I'm not entirely sure that this one is so straightforward....

The thought of us finishing 4th and being pushed out of the Champions League by them is pretty sickening.

Burko said:
The thought of us finishing 4th and being pushed out of the Champions League by them is pretty sickening.
OTOH, it underscores how largely we bottled it by offering up the 10-point gap to the gods in a sacrifice of hubris. We had the chance to put these concerns to bed and didn't (though we may still be vindicated, and I hope we are). So I won't be sick as much as I'll be disappointed in the side's coasting through spring. Now I invite them to prove me completely wrong.

Was good to see the old Drogba back last night, makes you sick after what happened to Muamba and the Italian when he's feigning injury every couple of minutes.

They should run on and give him a shot with a defibrillator every time he hits the deck.

Burko said:
I didnt watch the game, but I can't help but feel slightly uneasy... All Chelsea need is a draw over there, or even a 1 goal loss if they get an away goal....

They can be solid when they want to be so I'm not entirely sure that this one is so straightforward....

If you had watched you wouldn't be feeling so uneasy......they got fucking hammered

Flav said:
It's their belief that will make their downfall so much sweeter.

Was going to post something like this, similar to the scum scoring 3 against Milan when they needed 4. It makes the inevitable failure hurt that little bit more.

Sounds like Chelsea played some risky tactics and got away with it. Much like when Woolwich came back to draw against Barca, this isn't a side that is level-pegging with them, its a side that is plucky and took advantage of an out of sorts Barca side.

Cue 4-0 drubbing at the Nou.

They got lucky, Barca had a ton of chances to score. They will get raped at the Nou Camp 3-0. Oh and one decision will go Barca's way like a 'corner' to them and we won't hear the end of it from chelski fans.

In fairness they set up the way you have to against Barca - you can't try to out football them!

However, Barca had 24 attempts at goal and hit the post twice as well as wasting 3 golden chances (Fabregas x2 and Busquets). They won't do that a second time surely?

An away goal would make things very interesting in the 2nd leg though :harryblow:

thedutchman said:
In fairness they set up the way you have to against Barca - you can't try to out football them!

Spanish teams now play them completely differently to the way Chelsea did

the press aggressively in midfield so that their centre backs have more of the ball - as they are the least gifted they give the ball away more often and you actually have a chance of scoring....... coincidently that's exactly how Chelsea created their solitary chance and goal

Chelsea Barcelona

All stats provided by Opta

20% Possession 80%

209 Passes attempted 814

159 (76%) Passes completed (success rate) 757 (93%)

4 Attempts on goal 24

1 Attempts on target 6

On the Nou Camps big wide pitch they will fucking kill them.

Back
Top Bottom