Champions League - Wembley "1882 section"?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He seems to miss the point that the £20 tickets are only the top half of the top tier behind the goals... it's not like all tickets are £20 is it, it's a small proportion but a marketing headline.

We're also almost tripling our normal capacity, not a surprise it went to general sale given that lots of members were holding off to buy multiple tickets for non-members too. Which is why they sold out so quickly on GS.

Also also, they don't sell out 60k but we've sold out 90k? Against a nothing team?

Also also also obvious troll is obvious (I still bit though... more fool me I guess)

He seems to miss the point that the £20 tickets are only the top half of the top tier behind the goals... it's not like all tickets are £20 is it, it's a small proportion but a marketing headline.

We're also almost tripling our normal capacity, not a surprise it went to general sale given that lots of members were holding off to buy multiple tickets for non-members too. Which is why they sold out so quickly on GS.

Also also, they don't sell out 60k but we've sold out 90k? Against a nothing team?

Also also also obvious troll is obvious (I still bit though... more fool me I guess)
Holding down the ticket price was an excellent decision by the club.
Everyone is saying that opponents will raise their game at Wembley and that will make things harder for us.
But 85,000 Tottenham fans getting behind the team should give us a bit of an edge. If our boys can't get themselves up for that then we are probably not going through anyway.

EPFL has said it will schedule domestic matches at the same time as EL & CL ties if UEFA go ahead with their plans to reward the Bundesliga, Serie A, La Liga and Pl with guaranteed CL football for top 4 places and redistribute the prize money based on historical european success.

How do they equate success, qualifying, reaching a final or winning a european trophy?

So are we sold out or not? Seems everytime we think we are more seats are trickled out by the club
I am sure there will be a announcement if or when we do. Not as massively hyped as Spam's triple edged, media hungry propaganda team of Gold, Simple Jack and Lady Shady but an announcement none the less

Yeah, will also be particularly gutting if we think we've sold out then there's 8-10K red seats next wed

So on the Wembley website they state that GA tickets are sold out. They are pushing hospitality though.

Spurs v Monaco | Wembley Stadium

Wembley is delighted to welcome Tottenham Hotspur to Wembley Stadium connected by EE for the duration of their 2016/17 UEFA Champions League campaign.
Spurs will kick-off that campaign on the hallowed turf of the national stadium against 2004 finalists AS Monaco.
It will be Tottenham's second foray into UEFA's top club competition after the North London outfit were eventually beaten in the quarter-finals in 2010/11 by Real Madrid.

Tickets
Please note that general admission tickets for this event are now SOLD OUT!
If you don't have a ticket already the only way to be at Spurs' opening 2016/17 UEFA Champions League fixture is with a hospitality package.
Packages start from £199 + VAT per person, click here for details.

Read more at Spurs v Monaco | Wembley Stadium

Got 2 Tickets together in 504, 27 pound each. Can't make it, because of work.

Send me a message if interested.

EDIT: Ticket now gone

Last edited:
Everyone is saying that opponents will raise their game at Wembley and that will make things harder for us.
It's nonsense, we've been training on the pitch and our game should hopefully suit a bigger pitch, I'm sure the new WHL is having a bigger pitch than we currently have.

Redknapp was saying recently playing at Wembley will be to our disadvantage, but also said the spammers would benefit from their new bigger stadium and pitch. Doesn't work both ways. As you say, with 80k of us singing for the team if they don't perform at Wembley they wouldn't perform anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom