Champions League 2016/17

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As supporters will be aware, we have already sold Group Stage Packages to our One Hotspur Season Ticket Holders and members in recent weeks. Almost 51,000 were sold during this sales phase with the majority of seats available on Levels 1 and 2 completely sold out.

Due to us not being able to guarantee certain seats would be available for all three matches, we have held those seats affected - which are across all price points - in order that they can be available to purchase on a match-by-match basis.

As previously advised, priority on these tickets will be given firstly to Season Ticket Holders, and then to One Hotspur Bronze and Lilywhite members.

Sale dates for our first home match at Wembley Stadium will be announced in the next 24 hours. All supporters are strongly advised not to make any travel arrangements for either home or away matches until the full Group Stage schedule is confirmed and not before supporters have received confirmation that they will be allocated a match ticket for away matches.

UEFA Champions League: Ticket Update 25 August 2016 - News - tottenhamhotspur.com

Finishing 3rd in PL >>>>>>>>> Finishing 3rd in Ligue 1.

We should turn them over.

100% agree we should smash them, they are the only "proper" team in that pot though.
Also when I look at European games I firstly look at whether or not I'm going to go to the away game. Russia can go fuck itself, Leverkusen I'm all in for and Monaco I've been to before (non football) and I didn't like the place so won't be going back

Who the fuck is this clumsy bird with no ability who keeps fluffing her autocue lines? Who's knob did she shine to get a live presenter gig?
Always used to be this one.
kate-abdo-23039.jpg

When you see this draw overall it all of a sudden becomes apparent why Uefa would entertain the "historical merit" qualifying places.

No TV company is going to pay more, or any where near even, as much for this as they would for the Premier League.

I know it's only our second season ever in this, but Uefa need a complete rethink on the format.

As supporters will be aware, we have already sold Group Stage Packages to our One Hotspur Season Ticket Holders and members in recent weeks. Almost 51,000 were sold during this sales phase with the majority of seats available on Levels 1 and 2 completely sold out.

Due to us not being able to guarantee certain seats would be available for all three matches, we have held those seats affected - which are across all price points - in order that they can be available to purchase on a match-by-match basis.

As previously advised, priority on these tickets will be given firstly to Season Ticket Holders, and then to One Hotspur Bronze and Lilywhite members.

Sale dates for our first home match at Wembley Stadium will be announced in the next 24 hours. All supporters are strongly advised not to make any travel arrangements for either home or away matches until the full Group Stage schedule is confirmed and not before supporters have received confirmation that they will be allocated a match ticket for away matches.

UEFA Champions League: Ticket Update 25 August 2016 - News - tottenhamhotspur.com

"The majority of seats on levels 1 and 2 completely sold out"

When you see this draw overall it all of a sudden becomes apparent why Uefa would entertain the "historical merit" qualifying places.

No TV company is going to pay more, or any where near even, as much for this as they would for the Premier League.

I know it's only our second season ever in this, but Uefa need a complete rethink on the format.
If you want more glamour ties, you need to have fewer places for the eastern European sides and more for the top leagues. You need Manchester United rather than Ludogorets, Villarreal rather than Rostov, Schalke rather than Legia Warsaw, Inter Milan rather than Dinamo Zagreb. But I couldn't see such a proposal really going down well.

Can't see us selling out for any of the games with that draw unfortunately.

I said yesterday that CSKA, Leverkusen and Copenhagen would be the draw for best chance of progression. Monaco we had no trouble against last season so you'd have to be pretty happy with that group overall. I think we'll win it.
Fun away trips will have to wait until after Christmas.

I'll do Leverkusen or Monaco, just awaiting the dates.

100% agree we should smash them, they are the only "proper" team in that pot though.
Also when I look at European games I firstly look at whether or not I'm going to go to the away game. Russia can go fuck itself, Leverkusen I'm all in for and Monaco I've been to before (non football) and I didn't like the place so won't be going back

Moscow is a pretty awesome city for an away trip, don't sleep on that.

If you want more glamour ties, you need to have fewer places for the eastern European sides and more for the top leagues. You need Manchester United rather than Ludogorets, Villarreal rather than Rostov, Schalke rather than Legia Warsaw, Inter Milan rather than Dinamo Zagreb. But I couldn't see such a proposal really going down well.
That's what they're taking about. This 'heritage' allocation bullshit which eveyones so upset about (& rightly so!)

That's what they're taking about. This 'heritage' allocation bullshit which eveyones so upset about (& rightly so!)
The heritage thing is to do with allocating places away from 4th placed sides in the top leagues to high coefficient ones though - so Schalke replacing Bourussia Monchengladback for instance. It doesn't remove the east European teams because there's an attitude that as many national champions as possible should have a realistic chance to qualify, and it isn't politically astute for a UEFA President to do so with so many votes at stake.

The heritage thing is to do with allocating places away from 4th placed sides in the top leagues to high coefficient ones though - so Schalke replacing Bourussia Monchengladback for instance. It doesn't remove the east European teams because there's an attitude that as many national champions as possible should have a realistic chance to qualify, and it isn't politically astute for a UEFA President to do so with so many votes at stake.
Don't really see the difference in the Príncipe - it's a method of taking out less glamorous teams and replacing with, normally, bigger name teams no? Or am I misunderstanding?

Leverkusen have rebuilt their ground since the last time we were there. Not sure what the new capacity is.
The old one was pretty small and getting tickets was hard. I kept very quiet, but jumped up when Berbatov scored and realized pretty much everyone around me was Spurs as well.

Back
Top Bottom