Cesspit to a Cauldron

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But what if you feel the team/certain players aren't putting in the effort? Do you simply support them or voice complaints?

What would motivate you more on a pitch?
Fans singing your name to encourage more effort from you,or a bunch of fat old cunts and spotty teenagers telling you to stop being lazy when you've devoted your life to pushing your body through extreme physical stress, partly for their enjoyment?

And if we can't inspire the players through vocal supprt then at the very least we can inspire each other to have a good time and show fans of other clubs that we aren't a bunch of moaning cunts. In the current situation we won't have the consistent success of the billionaire clubs. That has been taken from us. And now long forgotten by fans and pundits as it has become the status quo. So why let them also use our own self defeatism and shit supprt as another stick to beat us with. If we can't win on the pitch we should at least try to win in the stands. If spurs did win the league/a cup, do you or I get a medal? Do we get a win bonus? If anything we end up paying more the more successful we are so it's actually against our financial interests. Let's face it we want our team to win because mostly we want to rub it in the face of gooners/dippers/Chelski etc. if we can't get enjoyment from that then we should at least get the enjoyment of each other's company and camaraderie at games.

I do get what you're saying jimmyriggle jimmyriggle that we should be trying to make our own fun in the stands but at the end of the day we are there watching a capable football team get their pants pulled down by the likes of Wigan, West Brom, Fulham, Newcastle etc. it's kind of hard to not get angry and frustrated when this is going on in front of your very own eyes! Let's get an angry YID ARMY chant started to get our frustrations out when we are playing shit. I know for one I can't be singing slow/soft songs when the football I'm watching has me in the mood where i could put my hand through a brickwall!

there have been times at the lane when what i have watched is comparable to park football but i normally sit there in my chair head in my hands crying and rocking back an forth.

Never got the people who go to game to cunt off the players yes sometimes ive yelled "you stupid twat" at Disco benny when he has lost the ball in desperation but normally im there singing getting behind the team.

The pub and on here are for moaning not the lane

jimmyriggle jimmyriggle i am in same boat as you come back for two games a year all I can say is brace yourself it gets worse every time irrespective of result so I now tend to go to away games on return - much better

Will be watching the Van Gaal show at the lane at Xmas though should be interesting!

Moaning and groaning for £30+ a pop for sideways passing and 1 or 2 shots on target will happen. A slow 'oh when the spurs' is surely taking the piss when we are bored and frustrated. Something with some gusto or a rally cry to get them to lift while not being impossible to muster is what we need

Moaning and groaning for £30+ a pop for sideways passing and 1 or 2 shots on target will happen. A slow 'oh when the spurs' is surely taking the piss when we are bored and frustrated. Something with some gusto or a rally cry to get them to lift while not being impossible to muster is what we need
The pod had the answer for that:

NORTH LONDON IS BLUE AND WHITE!!!!

Back
Top Bottom