Cesspit to a Cauldron

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A well meaning if sentimental right up. Yes l agree that Bill Nick should have been honoured with
more verve . The "glory" years are in the distance past to many , a black and white period has
little relevance to a new wave of fan brought up on a diet of gluttony of the sky age . As the club offers
no glory , except empty quotes from the golden age many are feeling a bitterness , dis attachment ,
and fleeced for every penny that they have got by our greedy owners.
What do you expect a happy house of contentment , seeing any team of promise ripped up for
profit . A simplistic and childish response is that you think we should all back the club to the end,
I am sure you would be the last man to go down on the Titanic .
As l agree on Bill Nick , you have to look a lot deeper and at the roots of all this perpetual apathy ,
anger , resentment .

. A simplistic and childish response is that you think we should all back the club to the end,....I am sure you would be the last man to go down on the Titanic ..

sorry fidel, we cant all be fickle UTD fans...
unlike them I will never jump ship....you want to be a rat....well then I guess we didn't need you anyway you mug...

I see where the writer is coming from BUT i think us fans have just had enough of false dawns and promises and the wining and ill feeling is a result of this. its not cheap to follow spurs and when you see what is happening on the pitch and off it i think alot of people have just reach there wits end

100% agree with this article. I've not been able to get to the lane since around last Xmas but will be coming to the Everton game in November.

Whilst I am looking forward to being back, feeling the nostalgia and watching a game with a good friend, I am really worried the atmosphere is going to be even more piss poor than when I was last there.

Sadly I think we're fighting a losing battle. It seems that the majority in the stadium are not involved or interested in shifting the current football watching paradigm and their enjoyment is 100% linked to the exploits on the pitch.

They should print on the front of every match day programme: dear supporter. Whilst the club endeavours to win every game in an entertaining way, the seat you have purchSed does not guarantee this. What it guarantees is 90 odd minutes of live spectating of top professional sportsmen competing against each other. Our players count on you to cheer them on and give them a boost during times of difficulty so that they can achieve the results you desire. Please try to enjoy yourselves.

No it doesn't, and I understand your cynicism, but blind faith is a part supporting a club - not a regime I might add.
I take your point . Blind faith supporting the team is admirable in one sense .
At the same time others in my opinion have right to show discourse if it is
fairly done . "Free speech " is what the regime would not allow us.

The fact we had someone on here moaning yesterday that they got abuse from Geordies when they decided to sit in the away end wearing a Spurs scarf and celebrate our goal tells you everything.

Football fans are a dieing breed, its all about football spectators these days.

On a day when supporters were asked to recognise the passing of our greatest manager, James Glanville describes a poisonous atmosphere and his detachment from those around him.

Read article
Very well said. The team is a work in progress, and some days you get the bear, and some days the bear gets you. But the fans, both at the grounds and online, are dominated in voice by a group of whinging morons who channel their stupidity through rose-tinted short term nostalgia. The sense of entitlement, along with the colossal one-eyed ignorance, boggles the mind.

I hope they fuck off and go support Chelsea, that seems to be their intellectual level. With decent supporters, the lads wouldn't be so deflated when going behind, and their mental situation would improve. But, instead of supporters, they have a crowd of detractors who bottle it at the first signs of trouble, and take their cowardice out on the players.

If you want better, you can either be part of the solution, or part of the problem. Many fans choose to be the problem, and blame everyone else for their situation.

100% agree with this article. I've not been able to get to the lane since around last Xmas but will be coming to the Everton game in November.

Whilst I am looking forward to being back, feeling the nostalgia and watching a game with a good friend, I am really worried the atmosphere is going to be even more piss poor than when I was last there.

Sadly I think we're fighting a losing battle. It seems that the majority in the stadium are not involved or interested in shifting the current football watching paradigm and their enjoyment is 100% linked to the exploits on the pitch.

They should print on the front of every match day programme: dear supporter. Whilst the club endeavours to win every game in an entertaining way, the seat you have purchSed does not guarantee this. What it guarantees is 90 odd minutes of live spectating of top professional sportsmen competing against each other. Our players count on you to cheer them on and give them a boost during times of difficulty so that they can achieve the results you desire. Please try to enjoy yourselves.
Then we keep Poch, it'll take 3 years before we come good, in that 3 years all the melts will have fucked off and we'll be on our way to enlightenment.

I see where the writer is coming from BUT i think us fans have just had enough of false dawns and promises and the wining and ill feeling is a result of this. its not cheap to follow spurs and when you see what is happening on the pitch and off it i think alot of people have just reach there wits end
Then stop buying tickets and go cheer for someone else. It's really not that hard. Spurs are endeavouring to do something very, very difficult (both on pitch and off), with no certain outcomes. There are no false dawns, or promises. There is only effort, and occasional achievement. Anything more will only come at the end of a very hard long slog of effort on the part of everyone at the club. Any fans expecting otherwise are both deluded and ignorant. If that's not what they want to pay for, that's fine and I can understand. But that IS where Spurs are right now, and it's something you either accept, and stay, or don't and leave.

Very well said. The team is a work in progress, and some days you get the bear, and some days the bear gets you. But the fans, both at the grounds and online, are dominated in voice by a group of whinging morons who channel their stupidity through rose-tinted short term nostalgia. The sense of entitlement, along with the colossal one-eyed ignorance, boggles the mind.

I hope they fuck off and go support Chelsea, that seems to be their intellectual level. With decent supporters, the lads wouldn't be so deflated when going behind, and their mental situation would improve. But, instead of supporters, they have a crowd of detractors who bottle it at the first signs of trouble, and take their cowardice out on the players.

If you want better, you can either be part of the solution, or part of the problem. Many fans choose to be the problem, and blame everyone else for their situation.
I do agree with what you are saying i for one HATE it when we boo our own players off the park but playing devils advocate for the moment you say the lads would not be so deflated at going behind but when its constant mistakes and lapses in concentration you can see why people get fed up, I also think its not just on the pitch, the stadium, changing managers every 5 mins, selling our best players and getting in average players. Not saying its right but i just think people are fed up

Then stop buying tickets and go cheer for someone else. It's really not that hard. Spurs are endeavouring to do something very, very difficult (both on pitch and off), with no certain outcomes. There are no false dawns, or promises. There is only effort, and occasional achievement. Anything more will only come at the end of a very hard long slog of effort on the part of everyone at the club. Any fans expecting otherwise are both deluded and ignorant. If that's not what they want to pay for, that's fine and I can understand. But that IS where Spurs are right now, and it's something you either accept, and stay, or don't and leave.

Im not saying i agree with these people i think if your in the ground you get behind the team cheer them on moan after the game in the pub

Im not saying i agree with these people i think if your in the ground you get behind the team cheer them on moan after the game in the pub
I get that, and apologize if I came across as specifically going after you. I was more speaking of those people who don't seem to get that what they're paying for isn't a guarantee of any result, but simply a seat to watch a sporting match staged for their entertainment.

It's a chicken vs egg debate as to why we are bad on the pitch and in the stand at WHL. We are human and after some sort of entertaining performance from our side, the players are also human and feel the tension in the stands.

Are the players responsible for making us happy? Are we responsible for giving them a buzzing atmosphere when we are bored out of our minds with the drab football being played even in that 1st half? It's something both AVB & Harry's sides couldn't fix and I can't see this side which is weaker in terms of talent and mental strength than all our squads under them being able to fix this unfortunately. :vdvcry:

But what if you feel the team/certain players aren't putting in the effort? Do you simply support them or voice complaints?

But what if you feel the team/certain players aren't putting in the effort? Do you simply support them or voice complaints?
You cheer for the guys who are, and then vent about the other guys later. Crowd energy matters, and it's no secret that Spurs play better away than at home because the away support is of better quality than the home support. We'd probably do better if Levy burned the Lane to the ground and we played 38 games on the road.

Back
Top Bottom