Cardiff City vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Defoe injured)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

2. AVB again has to get a round of applause. His game changing tactics were right up there with that win over Man City last season. He made 3 magnificent subs: Holtby, Lamela, and Kane.

Not to sure about this one, I think he left putting Lamela on too late, and I don't think Harry Kane was a move of tactical genius, would rather have seen Holtby on sooner. We got the result in the end sure but I think he was relieved more than assured.

But at the end of the day he's the manager and I'm not, so what the hell do I know

Last edited:
And Soldado makes seven...
_70060568_181555909.jpg

Not to sure about this one, I think he left putting Lamela on too late, and I don't think Harry Kane was a move of tactical genius, would rather have seen Holtby on sooner. We got the result in the end sure but I think he was relieved more than assured.

@ Hegarz Hegarz You say that bringing on Harry Kane was "Not the move of a tactical genius" as you sarcastically put it, but at that moment in time we was actually on the end of a bit of pressure from CCFC and the switch to 4-4-2 IMO turned that tide back in our favour and Harry looked a very bright spark for the 15 odd minutes he was on the pitch. Coming very close to a goal and whipping in some good crosses.

@ BushHillSpurs BushHillSpurs I wasn't being sarcastic I just said I didn't think it was, I wasn't instilled with confidence when he was brought on and quite frankly I thought at that moment we pretty much declared we've run out of ideas, but to reiterate, it's just my opinion. In the end it worked out, but it very nearly didn't.

Contact 100% started on the line (and so inside the box). Paused the telly and the ball was clearly square on the line when Hugo got to it. Can't be bothered to do a screenshot.

Whether his contact continued over the line it's hard to tell but I can't see it myself. SY's freezeframe above is far too low quality (and the wrong angle) to tell. Interested to see what MotD come up with tonight.

Point is though even with pausing the game we still can't be sure one way or another so the referee/lino can never make the call live, they have to assume it was fair and let play go on as they did.

Guess on this call, we maybe got lucky.
But could be we are due a bit of luck for a change
One things for sure Hugo is a class act and we need to keep the lad on 5 year contract that gets renewed each season.

Back
Top Bottom