Capital One Cup SEMI-FINAL vs. Sheffield United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah proper bricking it going to their ground..........hardly Leeds or Wall is it!!
I'm not sure what its like nowadays, but in the past it was something of a fortress. I lived nearby and went to watch United as they were the closest team. I watched them when they got promoted to the first Division in the early 70s, when they started the season by winning 4 or 5 games on the trot, before losing to Manure at OT, when George Best scored a brilliant solo goal.
Leeds came to visit, thinking they would "take" the Shoreham end and they got a serious trouncing in the process, and the road back to the station (Shoreham Street) was a massive battleground between Leeds and United fans with the police battering and nicking pretty much anyone who wasn't nimble enough to get out the way.
In those days they were supported by some pretty tough miners and steel workers, so you needed to proceed with a certain amount of caution without getting too carried away. That was a long time ago and both industries have taken a pasting over the years.
Hopefully nothing will get out of hand and it'll be a reasonably peaceable day. Just remember though, its a long walk back to the station.

I'm not sure what its like nowadays, but in the past it was something of a fortress. I lived nearby and went to watch United as they were the closest team. I watched them when they got promoted to the first Division in the early 70s, when they started the season by winning 4 or 5 games on the trot, before losing to Manure at OT, when George Best scored a brilliant solo goal.
Leeds came to visit, thinking they would "take" the Shoreham end and they got a serious trouncing in the process, and the road back to the station (Shoreham Street) was a massive battleground between Leeds and United fans with the police battering and nicking pretty much anyone who wasn't nimble enough to get out the way.
In those days they were supported by some pretty tough miners and steel workers, so you needed to proceed with a certain amount of caution without getting too carried away. That was a long time ago and both industries have taken a pasting over the years.
Hopefully nothing will get out of hand and it'll be a reasonably peaceable day. Just remember though, its a long walk back to the station.

Bit before my time, my last vist to their lane was probably 20 years ago and no issues at all, in fact the blades fans were OK, had worse experiences over at Hillsborough, but like you say you can get a slap anywhere if you turn up and start mouthing off and acting like a prick.....

Yeah proper bricking it going to their ground..........hardly Leeds or Wall is it!!
Small but well organised
download%2B(3).jpg

United fans make me laugh a bit. They think they are the bees because they've beaten three? Prem teams in the last calendar year. We've beaten 21 in that time.
4 - Aston Villa, Fulham (Prem at the time), West Ham, Southampton

The latter both being above you in the league as of this moment.

We aren't saying we're better than you. We're just saying you should expect us to give you a good game, not already think you're in the final.

We aren't saying we're better than you. We're just saying you should expect us to give you a good game, not already think you're in the final.

Any Spurs fan with a memory better than a goldfish knows not to assume it's a done deal. Doubt many Spurs fans think you'll get past us, but then I doubt many united fans think that either. But despite people taking the piss here (and that tends to be the nature of this forum tbh, not to be taken seriously), most of the Spurs fans I know will predict a challenge from the semi final, out of pessimism if nothing else. Anyway, fair dos, a third division side beating Villa, Fulham, the spam, and Saints over the last year is quality.

I used to go to a nightclub not too far off the blades part of town. Think it was part of some nationwide club franchise, but the area outside was pretty nasty, even for a Spurs fan lol.

4 is it? That changes everything. Can't handle even numbers.
: ostrich:

Back
Top Bottom