Capital One Cup; Home to Woolwich..

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's not a gamble at all, he's proven many times that he is a very solid DM.
shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

Love people knocking our defenders, especially the full backs. We've conceded 5 goals in 7 games FFS! This is Tottenham Hotspur we don't usually have a record like that.

Edit: 2 of those are penalties, one conceded by the player a lot seem to want to replace Walker. Strange.

Would you drop Chadli for him, see Son move out left and get Alli in the middle for the start of the game? Or does everyone feel Alli might be a bit fresh in his career for such a huge game?
I would drop Chadli and either play Alli in the attacking three behind Kane (along with Son and Eriksen) or play a 4-3-3 with the exact setup JDK JDK posted with Alli, Dier and Mason in midfield and Son, Kane and Eriksen up front. Obviously this is all dependent on Mason being fit.

I would drop Chadli and either play Alli in the attacking three behind Kane (along with Son and Eriksen) or play a 4-3-3 with the exact lineup JDK JDK posted with Alli, Dier and Mason in midfield and Son, Kane and Eriksen up front. Obviously this is all dependent on Mason being fit.

I personally don't see Poch dropping Lamela for this one. He's been in better form than most people give him credit for, and as I said, in our last 5 Goals, he has either made the tackle that started it, the pass that found the finisher of the move or the goal to round it all off on 4 occasions. The other goal being a corner.

I personally don't see Poch dropping Lamela for this one. He's been in better form than most people give him credit for, and as I said, in our last 5 Goals, he has either made the tackle that started it, the pass that found the finisher of the move or the goal to round it all off on 4 occasions. The other goal being a corner.
Couldn't argue with a decision to play Lamela right now, to be honest.

I know the away end in Sunderland is in the gods but I can't have imagined Townsend causing all sorts of problems. He continued that form in midweek and created loads in the hour that he played. He deserves a start.

He created chances from set pieces. Something he is by no means an expert on. You can try and convince yourself that he is on form all you want, but he is probably one of our worst players right now. If we are going to start him against Woolwich we might as well turn up half an hour early to appreciate the peace before our clubs arsehole never looks the same again.

Love people knocking our defenders, especially the full backs. We've conceded 5 goals in 7 games FFS! This is Tottenham Hotspur we don't usually have a record like that.

Edit: 2 of those are penalties, one conceded by the player a lot seem to want to replace Walker. Strange.
Only Man City have conceded less goals so far this season.

Walker's mistake led to them hitting the post. Could've easily cost us a goal.

Against Sunderland Townsend changed the game. He deserves a chance ahead of Chadli.

It's not a gamble at all, he's proven many times that he is a very solid DM.
Townsend was the worst player on the pitch against a side from a country I can't even spell. He should be at the bottom of the team sheet.

Sorry, but anybody who wants to drop Jan for Wimmer, on the back of a EL game against Qarabag should do one. My line-up against Woolwich would be[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies/Rose, Dier, Mason/Alli, Son/Lamela, Eriksen, N'jie/Son, Kane][/formation]
If Mason is fit play him. If Lamela starts on the right, I'd like to see Son on the right. Wouldn't mind an N'jie start either.

I don't think any of our full backs are top drawer. Walker is particularly grating for me because he has absolutely no footballing braincells whatsoever, he ALWAYS makes a stupid mistake that leads to a chance or a goal, he scored an own goal in our only defeat so far, his crossing is bollocks and his decision making possibly the worst in the team-how many free kicks have you seen him (and Rose at times tbf!) give away in our own half by bundling players over, silly tackles, obstruction etc?
hes prob still a better option overall than Trippier who from what I've seen looks mediocre tho has 'good crossing stats'.
The four of them are completely interchangeable which is a bit depressing.

Back
Top Bottom