Burnley v Tottenham Hotspur, Sunday 5th April, 13:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All valid points, but to me, as I've said on recent evidence I don't see us as strong favourites.

Our last away game a 3-0 embarrassment at OT, their last home game a 1-0 win over City.

Currently,
I don't think we are playing much better than them, factoring in we're away from home.

As I say we'll see what happens, I just don't see us as strong favourites. But as I always take note of the odds, I can see I am out of line on this one. Hope I'm wrong, etc.
I get it, but at the same time you are ignoring about 100 different factors. We've gone on a few winning and losing runs this season and times when we've played fantastic and poor. As an aggregate, we have been much better than Burnley and shown that WE can break from a string of bad games, which we will again.

ATM, I'm with Lawro in the sense that I think a Burnley win is more likely than a Spurs win. I think I'll check the odds out. For me, if we play we've done in the last two games, then it's going to be another embarrassment for us, as our defence and Poch's tactics/strategy are frankly comical ATM.

EDIT - Well for once I disagree with the odds.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/burnley-v-tottenham/winner

We are strong favourites to win, and I just don't get that. Burnley beat Man City in their last home game, where's the recent evidence that makes us so strongly fancied? But hope I'm wrong, etc.
250016833.jpg

?

Dads_Army_Frazier_doomed.png

Bit gloomy no?
Maybe Joe. But you must have seen our last two performances. Frankly they stank the place out, and had they happened under Sherwood I can imagine the flak Tim would have got for them.

Maybe Poch will see sense and change the team and his stupid high line, which makes the Maginot Line look like some kind of masterstroke (to keep the war analogies going)

While to keep the Dad's Army mode going :) I'll add that Poch has been a 'stupid boy' far too often lately, starting with the Florentine Fiasco and moving onto the Wembley Woes. :thumbup:

He and the team need to up their game big-time to win at Turf Moor, IMHO.

Do other teams at our sort of level have similar fans to ours where they would expect to lose away at Burnley? Or is it just Spurs fans?

Hope you're right :thumbup:

Incidentally, as usual I'll wait for team sheets before making my definitive prediction.

Poch may see sense and include Stambouli for example, and then I may up my prediction to a draw, for example.
What is it that you see in Stambouli BTW? Are you saying if we don't play him we'll lose? I'd never heard of him before we signed him - were you aware of him before?

What is it that you see in Stambouli BTW? Are you saying if we don't play him we'll lose? I'd never heard of him before we signed him - were you aware of him before?

I think he has a lot of potential, he has to be given a chance to show what he can do. He's been misused so far in my opinion.

No, it's not as simple as that Joe.

Like you I'd never heard of him before we signed him, but I'd never heard of Capoue, Soldado and most of the Supr 7, before we signed/got interested in them, so there's nothing surprising in that.

Unlikely many people, I never got excited about the likes of Soldado and Lamela, because I don't follow continental football and most of the names are a mystery to me, except of course the really big names like Messi and Ronaldo.

Returning to Stambouli, what I've seen of him is that he is a proper DM, unlike Mason and Bentaleb. I think he should be playing in a mid 3. We should ditch 4-2-3-1 go more solid, and only play one of Townsend/Chadli, IMO play Townsend. We could also push Mason forward, or use Dembele,for example. There are various options open to Poch.

There are also many other factors involved. I'm fed up with Jan, for example. But I accept he'll probably play, however against Leicester I think Fazio and Dier was the better option. Re Burnley it's hard to call, let's see what Poch does.

A key problem is the high line, that needs addressing.

As I say I await team sheets for my prediction. After that, I'll be fascinated by the first 15 mins, to see if we've changed our shape and tactics, or whether it's the same nonsense we suffered in the last 2 games.

No, it's not as simple as that Joe.

Like you I'd never heard of him before we signed him, but I'd never heard of Capoue, Soldado and most of the Supr 7, before we signed/got interested in them, so there'snothing surprising in that.

Unlikely many people, I never got excited about the likes of Soldado and Lamela, because I don't follow continental football and most of the names are a mystery to me, except of course the really big names like Messi and Ronaldo.

Returning to Stambouli, what I've seen of him is that he is a proper DM, unlike Mason and Bentaleb, and I think he should be playing in a mid 3. We should ditch 4-2-3-1 go more solid, and only play one of Townsend/Chadli, IMO play Townsend.

There are other factors involved, I'm fed up with Jan, but accept he'll probably play, but against Leicester I think Fazio and Dier was the better option. Re Burnley hard to call, let's see what Poch does.

A key problem is the high line, that needs addressing.

As I say Iwait teamsheets for my prediction. After that, I'll be fascinated by the first 15 mins, to see if we've changed our shape and tactics, or whehtherit's the same nonsense we suffered in the last 2 games.
Ok, if it's a formation thing, fine. I don't think Poch is going to go 4-3-3 all of a sudden though.

Ok, if it's a formation thing, fine. I don't think Poch is going to go 4-3-3 all of a sudden though.
He probably won't, and I expect Burnley will enjoy the freedom of the park as did Utd and Leicester.
I remember the wife saying as we watched the Leicester game, 'they've got a lot of good players', which was fair comment. But I pointed out that nevertheless the likes of Vardy and Nugent don't normally terrorise Prem defences (and by inference midfields) the way they were doing v us.

Time and again we are making oppo attackers look a lot better than they are. I'm still shuddering from the open naivete we showed v Utd.

Back
Top Bottom