Burnley home fa cup

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

...ditch the tin pot tourneys and concentrate on top 4 - that's what an organization that has lost the loser's mentality (i.e. New England Patriots) would do...use the cup games to train tactics and evaluate fringe starters...
COYS
This is the worst post I've ever seen on this forum. It's worse than that actually. It's the worst thing I've ever read. No, it's the worst thing ever communicated in human history since the first caveman made a grunt. It is wrong in every conceivable way.

1. The FA cup is not a "tin pot," it is the most prestigious domestic cup in the world.
2. The New England Patriots have never ditched a tournament of any kind. There is nothing even remotely similar to the FA Cup in American football.
3. The only time I can think of the NE Patriots being in a situation where they had the opportunity to seek any glory beyond winning the title, they did not rest players and went all out to get to 16-0 in the regular season. They clearly did seek glory beyond the league.
4. I can't wait to see Harry Kane lift that fourth place league trophy.
5. Not trying to win defines a "loser's mentality."
6. Darelle Revis is embarrassed by you.
7. COYS

We need to get back on track and get positive in the same way we were before CP.
CP, we were out smarted by a very poor, moron of a ref., a ref that has a history of bad days. We should have and would have got the three points if the WITB were different?
Lets bounce back with a vengeance and reconfirm, we are a good side and on a roll. The support needs to be loud and proud (as it always is). COYS

Last edited:
You make some good points justin justin
I think we just don't know how it would affect the competition.
Maybe once the top teams try harder as you say it will just mean no team outside the big 6 will ever win it.
That to me would be a shame.

We need to get back on track and get positive in the same way we were before CP.
woQbWh8.gif

...ditch the tin pot tourneys and concentrate on top 4 - that's what an organization that has lost the loser's mentality (i.e. New England Patriots) would do...use the cup games to train tactics and evaluate fringe starters...
COYS
fucking jcls
do some home work.. its the greatest trophy in sport!.
next you'll suggest no relegation and 4 periods for tv adverts with janet Jackson
accidently on purpose showing her tits.

You make some good points justin justin
I think we just don't know how it would affect the competition.
Maybe once the top teams try harder as you say it will just mean no team outside the big 6 will ever win it.
That to me would be a shame.

You are right, it could get predictable, but would it be any predictable than the way things are at the minute? In my view, give 4th
place the cl, if the winners of the fa cup are
already in the top 3.

I just think it would make the fa cup great again, it will give it a prize worthy for the winners. Imagine a fa cup final, with the winners getting into the cl, it would make it much more interesting than this ridiculous " race for 4th ".....some journo's have suggested that if we were to put a weak team in the cl...ie wigan, then ueffa might take our place away, which is complete nonsense. if anything ueffa would love the fact that an english team has gone out early. And let's be honest, would wigan have been any more embarrassing than liverpool have been this year.?

In a one off game at Wembley, anyone can beat anyone, and for the prize to be cl league qualification, would really bring it back to where it use to be. It would also bring an end to this ridiculous 4th place nonsense. Give 4th place, to the europa league, can you imagine wengers face if that were to happen?
It's just my thought, but I can't see any negatives. Also scrapping the semi finals at Wembley would also help aswell.

Won't happen but I'd go for:

Vorm
Yedlin Fazio Vertonghen Rose
Capoue Stambouli
Lamela Dembele Townsend
Soldado

Friedel
Dier
Olgive
Onumah
Chadli
Eriksen
Kane

Reckon it gives us a solid base. Really wanna see how Yedlin fares. Def think Eriksen & Kane need a break and after CP would appear Chadli too

Eriksen, Kane and Chadli all need a break. Against CP Eriksen was off the pace. We're over reliant on him and we don't want to have a burn-out Feb/Mar a la 2012 and see our season collapse. We need the fringe to start delivering!

Ticket sales seem really bad so far :( , hope they pick up tomorrow, so far our friendly against Schalke had more of a attendance and yes people wanted to see our team at home for the first time , but this is for the FA cup to progress to the next round , Wonder how many Burnley fans willl turn up and how many times we will have to hear "Were the longside burnleyyyy Were the longside burnleyyy"

COYS

'Tin Pot' it is not... it's the FA Cup FAFS!! someone get a sense of importance instilled into the players (and some of the fans by the sounds of it!)

Vorm
Chiriches - Fazio - Vertonghen - Davies
Stambouli
Lennon - Onomah - Winks - Townsend
Soldado​

Fuck it.

Vorm because I like him in cup games. Chiriches because he's less of a bombarding full back and that will be better for Lennon. Fazio and Vertonghen because the more games the better. Davies because he needs to make up for his atrocious defending against them last week.

Lennon and Townsend on either flank, just run all night at both full backs and whip the ball in the box. Pace is crucial, width to stretch the game for Winks to work his magic and give Onomah space to run the game Pogba style.

Vorm
Chiriches - Fazio - Vertonghen - Davies
Stambouli
Lennon - Onomah - Winks - Townsend
Soldado​

Fuck it.

Vorm because I like him in cup games. Chiriches because he's less of a bombarding full back and that will be better for Lennon. Fazio and Vertonghen because the more games the better. Davies because he needs to make up for his atrocious defending against them last week.

Lennon and Townsend on either flank, just run all night at both full backs and whip the ball in the box. Pace is crucial, width to stretch the game for Winks to work his magic and give Onomah space to run the game Pogba style.
I'd be happy with that. If Lennon doesn't start then something is seriously up. I think Dembele needs to keep playing too.... He needs a run of games - not the sort of player who likes being rotated - which he will be as soon as Bentaleb and Mason are back.

I'd be happy with that. If Lennon doesn't start then something is seriously up. I think Dembele needs to keep playing too.... He needs a run of games - not the sort of player who likes being rotated - which he will be as soon as Bentaleb and Mason are back.
Maybe his experience alongside one of Winks/Onomah then? I just want to see players who will fight for the club in midfield like we've seen with Mason and Bentaleb, amazing the difference in our style when both missing.

Maybe his experience alongside one of Winks/Onomah then? I just want to see players who will fight for the club in midfield like we've seen with Mason and Bentaleb, amazing the difference in our style when both missing.
Absolutely agree mate. Poch is clearly a massive advocate of the academy so be great to see one of them alongside Dembele. Don't think we have anything in the club that can come close to Mason / Bentaleb though.

Back
Top Bottom