Brentford fc vs TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR/ Sun 13th 14:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's not what I said. So don't Condemn me for what you imagine I might be thinking - particularly when it was never what crossed my mind. You spend so long criticising players, that when they turn in the kind of performance that they were bought in for, you can't bring yourself to praise them, for fear it might taint your previous uber critical condemnation.
I simply said that today he played well, which he did.
The rest you invented
You had me doubting a little for a while, so I actually went to look for anyone mentioning Sanchez having a good game. I didn't find any. I think your Good, because of our current predicament is actually an Ok at best. You need to up your standards a bit.

Good game was Maddison and Bissouma if we ignore one or two wayward passes. Sanchez is a no. Don't feel bad, we all get it wrong sometimes, I initially felt Emerson was worth his salt, after watching his game, he made too many wayward passes and allowed players to run around him one too many times.

Just an interesting article that may have you change your mind over Sanchez. Sorry but he has to go.

You had me doubting a little for a while, so I actually went to look for anyone mentioning Sanchez having a good game. I didn't find any. I think your Good, because of our current predicament is actually an Ok at best. You need to up your standards a bit.

Good game was Maddison and Bissouma if we ignore one or two wayward passes. Sanchez is a no. Don't feel bad, we all get it wrong sometimes, I initially felt Emerson was worth his salt, after watching his game, he made too many wayward passes and allowed players to run around him one too many times.

Just an interesting article that may have you change your mind over Sanchez. Sorry but he has to go.

There's literally zero substance in this "article." Just one guy harping on the goal Brentford scored to make it 2-1. Also says Romero wasn't good enough.

Thought Dav held his own after being thrown in cold.

Watch a bit more football, do a bit more growing up.

Defensively the biggest problem was actually Emerson, he just didn't have the pace to keep up with Rico Henry starting from a deeper position, it cost us one goal and could've easily cost us two. I think Sarr instead of Skipp would've been really helpful, since he would've probably had the pace to close Rico down.
The day i listen and form my opinion off clinton morrison is the day i stop watching

2-2 away to a good team who defended well is a pretty decent start. Given we also had 4 debutants, 70% of the ball and lost our best defender after 15 minutes, all whilst trying to implement a new style of football that we have been playing for less than 6 weeks whilst navigating a disrupted pre-season and a soap opera concerning Harry Kane and I think if you put everything into perspective this is a fine start to our new era.

I expect a wild ride until at least Christmas but early signs are very positive.
Plus its a team that only lost twice at home last season

Clinton Morriston 😃 😃 😃 not commenting on the larger point but using his opinin to back it up does the opposite

You had me doubting a little for a while, so I actually went to look for anyone mentioning Sanchez having a good game. I didn't find any. I think your Good, because of our current predicament is actually an

Man United keeper pole axes 2 players in the box nowhere near the ball, not even looked at. Apparently not a clear refereeing error but Son's shin grazer yesterday was. VAR is an absolute joke.
I know and sky hardly talked about it. Only when O’Neil mentioned in his interview. Before that didn’t even say anything you like it was a controversial decision. I’d like to know how the criteria for clear and obvious is determined. To not even get ref to review is amazing. They should just tell ref to review in all cases.

lack of pace up top is the reason

two wingers who pass back
Yes chalk and cheese to some of the other top teams. Watched a few of the other ganes and teams like dippers, wolves, goons, toon, etc all have pace. Still think buying deki may not be such a wise decision in the long run under anges system.

Nice to see us controlling possession for the first time in forever but we haven't looked threatening, that's the concern.
Indeed! I didn’t really see the fast pressing either. Not like we use to under poch where we would be all over the oppo.
We had a lot of ball 2 nd as Brentford sat back but we didn’t really force the issue. To much slow sides ways passing. Other than bios madd or destiny doing a give and run or little one two. Deki and son don’t do that and you can’t do that with rich as his first touch is generally poor.

Back
Top Bottom