Brentford fc vs TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR/ Sun 13th 14:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

At least I wasn't bored. Still passing it sideways and back as if we're scared of making a mistake, and I'm sure Ange wants them to take some more risks.

A new CB and striker in pronto, please you bald fuck.

Minus the penalty that's about equal for xG. Matches the eye-test that this was a very evenly matched game with both teams having their phases where they looked more dangerous.

Yeah, this is going to be a tough season.

People wanted entertainment, well there you go.

Have to find a way to get Richarlison and Son involved more, maybe swap their positions for the 2nd half?

Brentford fans are a bit chippy, the Stoke of West London!
Son occasionally would move more inside and it seemed to help. Richarlison was badly outnumbered inside and Brentford was able to hold their shape. The system is designed to create 3 on 2 situations in the corner but it didn't seem to achieve that. Skipp wasn't able to make any runs like in the Barcelona match. Good job of keeping possession but the second half was bland.

On the positive side:

- Udogie looks brilliant. Physically and technically great. Seems a smart player too.
- VDV looks class. Unfortunate for the goal but outside of that looked really composed and showed good recovery pace and defensive instincts.
- Biss is lovely to watch and his relationship with Madders will be key
- It was also nice to watch us control a game after 3 years of low block bollocks.

Could have been better,but could have been a lot worse
It's a new era,it isn't going to click straight away.
I enjoyed the football. With a few players back from injury and maybe(just maybe) a new signing or two,I am hopeful.
Brentford are no mugs these days,don't lose sight of that
COYS

Not bad, first goal wasn't a penalty, 2nd goal was soft. Lots of possession but not much penetration in our attack. Not really liking the idea of 34 year old Perisic as a back up to Son. We'll have to do better against Utd.

Really positive performance, definitely take that first game of the season, away, under a new manager and new players too.

I thought everyone played pretty well, some could have contributed abit more in the attacking third. Standouts were definitely Bissouma, Maddison & Udogie. Solid from VDV on his debut, unlucky with the goal.

I was surprised Brentford, on their first home game of the season, played so defensively. Alot of that was down to our pressing. We had so much of the ball. Bissouma and Udogie looked like ballers. I'm happy with the draw but I think if we had another month or two od 'Ange Ball' training we'd win this game. Very positive.

Also, give Sanchez some slack. I think he had a great game.

We looked completely toothless for majority of 2nd half

Lo Celso for Skipp could have made us more dynamic, who knows

Son and Kulu were not good, we are in for a difficult season.

Anything higher that 8th will be overarching

My goodness that was slow, Brentford couldn't even be bothered attacking, we could have won this.

Movement static, sometimes if we fail to get in to the wing they should try again. The CM needs to be smart enough to recycle possession and the winger needs to stay by the wing.

Shade of avb time. Not convinced by Dutch not convicted by vicario

And the award for the worst post of the day goes to …..

Two pacey direct wide forwards, would make a massive difference to the team more than a CF. Get son in the middle as an option. Getting in behind and down the sides would open it up for Richarlison too.

Good point. Performance more important than the result. Brentford is a tough game away, that's why no traditional top 6 side won there last season, and we completely dominated them.

Maddison and Bissouma were brilliant. Utter elite players.

Udogie is great.

Van De Ven grew into the game. He's raw, but then that why this season is a free hit.

Skipp was like an engine. He never stopped running.

Disappointing from Sonny and Richy.

If Sanchez is sold before Dier then I'm going to lose my mind. He was very good today.

Emerson is fucking weird. One second he looks like he's won a pub contest to play, the next he looks like prime Cafu.

Good signs overall. Onwards and upwards. COYS!

Really enjoyed that.

Negatives first. The front three all need to do more. Seems like a lack of effort or imagination to find space. Skipp always seems to be just that tiny bit away from being in the right place at the right time, but that tiny bit makes a huge difference. Vicario looks absolutely fucking mental.

Positives. Everyone else. Udogie looks seriously good. Maddison was excellent. Biss even better. We seemed to want to attack and play the ball with purpose.

Going to take time to get bedded in here, but a very positive first step.

Back
Top Bottom