Brentford fc vs TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR/ Sun 13th 14:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah. I’m sure there are some x players that are studious, and are also highly successful managers but I would back even Mick Copper to know more about football than say Michael Owen

Players know much more than fans about what it’s actually like to play the game at a pro level but that definitely doesn’t translate to a wider understanding of tactics etc.

Like you say - listen to Owen, Ferdinand, Sherwood etc. It’s just cliche City. There’s no insight there at all, they aren’t footie brainiacs because they were players.

My god you really are an arrogant prick. Sanchez had a good game and was pretty solid throughout, and you have neither the intellect or humility to accept it .
He had 1 ok game. Whooo, Whoo! Let's celebrate and have a party. He cost us 42 million plus all the salary +3.3 million per year for the past 5 years. Let's call it 60 million over the 5 years. I'm soooooo glad you feel the 1 or 2 Ok games was a Great return on investment. Pat yourself on the back, you deserve a medal for that one.

He had 1 ok game. Whooo, Whoo! Let's celebrate and have a party. He cost us 42 million plus all the salary +3.3 million per year for the past 5 years. Let's call it 60 million over the 5 years. I'm soooooo glad you feel the 1 or 2 Ok games was a Great return on investment. Pat yourself on the back, you deserve a medal for that one.
I don't think you really mean that.

Again, you're being a massive Hampton.

I didn't say any of those things, or declare him the new Beckenbauer, or discuss value, ROI, his salary.....yada yada yada

What I said was, he had a good game

And then you lied and said he didn't, and then tried to justify it. But you can't say he did - because you don't have the moral courage, strength of personality or maturity to do so.

So you start a campaign to make this all about me, and my failings. Only problem being, my failing was that I gave the guy credit where it's due.
Rather than dedicate my life slagging off players on the staff of the team that I have supported since I was a child.

A stage of my life that I have grown out of.

Try it with your life

but at Celtic he had the most of best players in that league, a league were its either of 2 teams that win it

When he arrived on the eve of the season starting, Celtic was in disarray. They'd just had one of their worst seasons in their history. Players were wanting out.

At one stage I think he had a squad 14 fit senior players to play in Europe.

If Celtic finish second, they finish last. Every single game is a must win. A draw at home is a disaster.

To be fair royal is ok but just dies t cut it as a quality full back. He can’t cross , generally just makes short little passes to someone near him and never goes in the over lap. That was the main problem in the 2nd half. If you have a lector at RW you want the rb to do the over lap. Bit like walket does for city abd use to for us. Im
Amazed how so many people think royal is a top 4/5 tean player. His not even that great at defending as although his not slow he doesn’t really have great pace. That whole right side was uninspiring with him skipp and kulu. That really mid to lower table standard.

Yeah. I’m sure there are some x players that are studious, and are also highly successful managers but I would back even Mick Copper to know more about football than say Michael Owen
Is t the whole point of being a football fan is have opinions about players otherwise what is the point. My fave was hoddle. Is cooler saying I or anyone else is not qualified to say he was a great player?

Back
Top Bottom