Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We don't want any senior players about?

Son is 31.

..........What's the age cut-off for this new era?

Not signing players above a certain age is one thing, but shipping out all the experienced players is a very diff. proposition.

Dier 29
Lloris 36
PEH 28
Perisic 34
...will all be gone by the summer. A couple of mature heads in Son & Ben is no bad thing.
Who knows, it's down to Ange.

But then like I said, it's not all about age, there are many factors.

But Ange likes a young team and Ben Davis really isn't a CB and he is far to slow on the pitch for Ange's game.

Who knows, it's down to Ange.

But then like I said, it's not all about age, there are many factors.

But Ange likes a young team and Ben Davis really isn't a CB and he is far to slow on the pitch for Ange's game.
I imagine he’s fine with a few senior players in certain positions….. why isn’t he a CB? He’s far better there than LB based on his time at Spurs

Thought he really struggled today. A lot of underhit passes and poor giveaways.

But he is good enough for a backup option.
hes not good enough for backup if hes going to be getting a lot of minutes. hes not at this level. it cant be hard to upgrade him. davies, dier, skipp, emerson.....they wouldnt be accepted as depth for any top club because they are champo level quality

It is hard to have 4 quality CBs because the good players don’t want to it behind Romero and VdV. We have 2. Ideally we can get a 3rd that can cover both RCB and LCB. After that, it’s players like Davies or royal or a youngin like Phillips.
yea 3 quality ones can be rotated and spread minutes especially with european football. to be fair to davies even though hes not good enough and its clear when he plays, hes still far better than dier. my god hes utterly useless.

He’s on his 10th season and has had 222 appearances for us. Was‘s never one of our premier players but has always been there to step into the team when needed. I’m glad that’s put in some really important appearances lately and getting some appreciation that I think he’s earned and deserves.
Agree. Probably deserves a testimonial when the time comes.

No fuss, no muss. Always turns up.

the money has gone to charities for years now. Niall Quinn started that. Still a great thing to do though and a lovely tradition.

It's often the only chance the fans have to say goodbye to players.....

Dawson, Jan, Dembele, Hugo and no doubt others all left without farewell(*).

(*Yes, I realise Jan & Moussa didn't clock 10 years, but...........)

For the Welsh disallowed goal last night, how could Ben’s hand have been offside?
GJsD3gbWwAA_y_Q

They drew the line from his knee

I hope so.

You sense a large degree of common sense, empathy, intelligence, dependability and leadership in his person, albeit lacking as a top level player. Let's see if he can build on a career in management, if that's what he wants. He's also eloquent enough to possibly have a media career, assuming he can transpose what he knows to what we can see.
Eloquence and media are chalk and cheese

Back
Top Bottom