Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

MoTM against Notting Forrest.

Played a blinder.

Still, I think we will be moving him on. Not because he is shit, but becaue we are building a younger hungrier squad, that is all about pace, movement and aggressively attacking, whilst defending from the front.

You only have to look at the players we are buying to see this pattern.

MoTM against Notting Forrest.

Played a blinder.

Still, I think we will be moving him on. Not because he is shit, but becaue we are building a younger hungrier squad, that is all about pace, movement and aggressively attacking, whilst defending from the front.

You only have to look at the players we are buying to see this pattern.

We don't want any senior players about?

Son is 31.

..........What's the age cut-off for this new era?

Not signing players above a certain age is one thing, but shipping out all the experienced players is a very diff. proposition.

Dier 29
Lloris 36
PEH 28
Perisic 34
...will all be gone by the summer. A couple of mature heads in Son & Ben is no bad thing.

We don't want any senior players about?

Son is 31.

..........What's the age cut-off for this new era?

Not signing players above a certain age is one thing, but shipping out all the experienced players is a very diff. proposition.

Dier 29
Lloris 36
PEH 28
Perisic 34
...will all be gone by the summer. A couple of mature heads in Son & Ben is no bad thing.
Who knows, it's down to Ange.

But then like I said, it's not all about age, there are many factors.

But Ange likes a young team and Ben Davis really isn't a CB and he is far to slow on the pitch for Ange's game.

Who knows, it's down to Ange.

But then like I said, it's not all about age, there are many factors.

But Ange likes a young team and Ben Davis really isn't a CB and he is far to slow on the pitch for Ange's game.
I imagine he’s fine with a few senior players in certain positions….. why isn’t he a CB? He’s far better there than LB based on his time at Spurs

Thought he really struggled today. A lot of underhit passes and poor giveaways.

But he is good enough for a backup option.
hes not good enough for backup if hes going to be getting a lot of minutes. hes not at this level. it cant be hard to upgrade him. davies, dier, skipp, emerson.....they wouldnt be accepted as depth for any top club because they are champo level quality

hes not good enough for backup if hes going to be getting a lot of minutes. hes not at this level. it cant be hard to upgrade him. davies, dier, skipp, emerson.....they wouldnt be accepted as depth for any top club because they are champo level quality
It is hard to have 4 quality CBs because the good players don’t want to it behind Romero and VdV. We have 2. Ideally we can get a 3rd that can cover both RCB and LCB. After that, it’s players like Davies or royal or a youngin like Phillips.

It is hard to have 4 quality CBs because the good players don’t want to it behind Romero and VdV. We have 2. Ideally we can get a 3rd that can cover both RCB and LCB. After that, it’s players like Davies or royal or a youngin like Phillips.
yea 3 quality ones can be rotated and spread minutes especially with european football. to be fair to davies even though hes not good enough and its clear when he plays, hes still far better than dier. my god hes utterly useless.

I was at the game today and we all thought he was solid.

If anything he’s been one of the most adaptive defenders we’ve had bearing in mind the managers and styles he’s had to work under.

He’s not first choice and he’s 30 years old, what more can you expect?
I thought his passing was really good again. I'm noticing he has an ability to take on his man and break the first line of press from LCB, and then deliver nice, accurate long balls to either wing. It led to an immediate chance vs Everton- out wide left to Deki, and then 1 or 2 games ago early on, long ball over the top out right to Johnson to create a chance. That is pretty damn cool.

I'm very interested in keeping him around to be our #2 LCB and an option at LB.
Really great player for us to have as a backup.

Back
Top Bottom