Away to Elton John's men, London Derby - 28/12/15 15:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

-

Spot on...just wanted to add, there will be a contract of performances over a season-fortunately this season is seeing our poorer games getting results-is that a bad thing?
I'll admit to being the first to doubt that Poch was an upgrade on what we'd had before. Last season I still wasn't convinced. But the fact is that after 18 months under him we find ourselves with a better defense, better possession and increased goal return. For the most part our signings under him this year have complimented what he is trying to do. We're drawing games we would have lost the past few years and winning games we would've likely draw over the same period. Whichever way you look at it, that's progress under this manager and it's probably the first time since Harry left that it seems we are going upwards and in the right direction again.

I'm fully prepared for us to stumble, but so far it seems to me that the foundations for the next step are falling into place, and I think that's why we should just try and by optimistic for the moment. If it all goes down the shitter in the second half of the season then maybe Poch is a pretender to the throne after all. But as of today, there is no reason to believe that is the case...and it's nice once again to hear the media and pundit talk well of us.

Hence my second paragraph. If it's not likely it's barely worth mentioning, especially without clarification.
errm - I thought I had explained why I made the original comment. I apologise, I didn't think it was too difficult a concept to grasp.
..........however we have Everton away and leicester as our next two games - you do remember that we just showed what we are capable of, in losing to Newcastle, don't you?

I am totally comfortable and delighted with our current position, and am also confident that we can avoid defeat in the next two games. I would be ecstatic if we won them both, as they are followed by Sunderland, Palace and Norwich, all of which are within our abilities to beat.

Raising the spectre of losing the next couple of games hardly paints me as a white flag waving defeatist - particularly as all I was doing was pointing out what could possibly happen to our league position if the worst case combination of results does occur.

If we can get Harry some quality support up front and some more creativity in midfield - I would really start to believe that we may be serious title contenders.

I think a win over Leicester is more than possible. They may have only lost twice this season, but one of those wins was two matches ago, it's the Xmas period and they've just came out of a draw. Not saying it'll happen, but I think it's possible, especially since we drew with them earlier in the season.

Not sure why you are pushing your optimism, or view of what might be most likely to happen, as if it reveals something. I'm not predicting anything, or being negative or despondent.
I was pointing out that the point spread at the top is tight, and it doesn't take much for positions to change significantly without some massive golden streak or slump to move the positions around.
I had hoped that the general nature of what I was pointing out was self evident enough, without someone having to raise a permutations based mathematical analysis of the exactitude of what I said.
I'd say that not wasting my time was more time efficient than spending time disproving the general meaning of what I was trying to say, but if that honks your horn then I'm fine with that.
Analytically you are probably right, but hopefully you can get what I'm alluding to, without having to make the leap of assuming that I am proposing that all is lost and that we are relegation fodder.

Well this doesn't seem very time efficient :allitongue:

I was just messing about, and I do get your point. Nothing to see here.

While I am certainly in the "let's not get carried away" camp, some of the moaning in this thread is just alien to me. Two weeks ago I was reading people moaning that "our unbeaten run isn't what it's cracked up to be because we've only won six games". Three matches later and it's "we're winning but our football is shit" and we're gonna drop down the table.

Is the league very open this year? Yes. Can we drop down the table? Yes. Can we go on a bad run of form? Yes. Will there be games where we win but the football is boring? Yes. Will we win the league? Not likely. Will we miss out on forth? More than possible. Is Poch the best football manager in the world? No. Do we have the league's best squad? No. Do we need a striker? Yes. Will the lack of rotation maybe be a problem for us? Yes. Will the squad get tired? Maybe.

But Jesus, can we save all the moaning and pessimism for when we actually start losing more than once every ten or games? Not really directing this any anyone particular on here, as I've been seeing similar stuff all over. I just don't get why when we go on a good run and are hoovering up points some people just don't even have a day or two's joy over the victories before immediately going for the negative. Match threads online are sometimes like a suicide watch, even when we win!

We're winning games. We're, frankly, where we shouldn't have been with the talent available to Man U & Chelsea. If the form of those teams had matched the quality in their squads then realistically we'd probably still be in 5th or 6th now. But we aren't. We're third. It's not same old same old so far this year. There is a reason to enjoy the good feeling while it lasts and just enjoy that continuing faint hope that we will still get something great out of the season. I know that those of us who have been fans for many years have seen so many false dawns and the worst kind of bad luck. But still, when it's reasonably good can't we just allow ourselves to enjoy the moment? Is that too much to bloody ask?

Sorry, had to get off my chest.

well said. (we've had enough bad times over the years/decades just enjoy the ride whilst you can!)

Givingthefinger.jpg

Fuck it I think we will win the title this season and that will give me the opportunity to give some Gooner supporters at work the salute everyday

If you're not happy with the football we're playing, then you'll never be happy. He's right, you're never positive about anything, you gooner cunt. Jesus Christ, you're such a whiny little bitch.
Lmao....youve actually taken the time and gone through all my posts and disagreed.....you sad little cunt..ha ha ha...you need to get laid mate

Lmao....youve actually taken the time and gone through all my posts and disagreed.....you sad little cunt..ha ha ha...you need to get laid mate

Incorrect cunto. I decided to look at your posts to see if this was just a one off miserable cunty post. Sadly you have a history of being a miserable bith so I'm afraid you let me little choice.

Cheer up cunto.

Should be pointing the finger at your player that got sent off and leaving you with 10 men, sore loser, bloody prick!

What players surrounded him? didn't Troy tell Lamela to get up. More of theirs were surrounding the Ref and Lamela.
However, how many of their players run around the ref when Ali made a great tackle on Capoue asking for a card. So did Watford need man sent off to beat us? If you want Watford get more respect, tell your fans to stop acting like cunts, like you players. How does booing Lamela take the diary off of a nasty, horrible challenge by Ake. I suppose it was not a sending off tackle then Troy? Lamela never even rolled around playacting like Jurado or Capoue. How many players of ours told Capoue to stop acting like a cunt and tried to pull him up?
Cunt. He would have gone regardless.

Last edited:
Have you ever known a more bitter bunch of cunts than these watford fans? Go on that watford forum and they are still moaning and bitching about the game. They are now saying we are a joke for celebrating the way we did. Right so we can't celebrate a last minute winner which got us a very important 3 points??? you pikey elton john loving wankers!!!! You tried to bully us with your hoof ball dirty tactics and you couldn't beat us. What a shame!!! Hopefully that will send you down the table and eventually into the championship where you belong.

I didn't expect Watford to be as dirty team as they were. It was a lovely feeling to get that goal in the final minute to make their pain even worse. Good riddance.

Really unimpressed with City when they're without Kompany, and who knows what the rest of his season will bring, injury-wise.

Fuck's sake, someone needs to keep the pressure on Woolwich.
:pochserious:
19 games left TLD.

Arsenals fixtures at the end of the month are Liverpool and Stoke away and then home to Chelsea, which despite their form this season still isn't an easy fixture.

Back
Top Bottom