Away to Elton John's men, London Derby - 28/12/15 15:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gatsby

95:02
Games coming around thick and fast, no rest for the wicked.

Same team as Norwich for me, providing Dembele is fit.

Can't underestimate Watford considering their recent results. Play to our strengths and focus on our own game and the result will follow.

We have two very tough away games coming up in Watford and Everton.

This is a massive game. I feel this would be a real statement and really show our credentials if we could go away to Watford in their form and pick up all three points. Two of the top three play eachother so we could gain some points on one of our rivals with three points.

I'd play the exact same team that started today.

We have two very tough away games coming up in Watford and Everton.

This is a massive game. I feel this would be a real statement and really show our credentials if we could go away to Watford in their form and pick up all three points. Two of the top three play eachother so we could gain some points on one of our rivals with three points.

I'd play the exact same team that started today.
Is that realistic though?

Playing the same team? I reckon Watford will be playing the exact same team as the one that played today.
There was an article written last Monday on burnout, some quotes - "A player like Harry Kane simply can’t play every game – something Poch must know. This is something Spurs will have to find a way around."
then finally,
"The trick is not to overwork the players to the degree that it undermines their matchday performance. At the moment it seems as though Pochettino is in control of this.

But let’s be honest, what do any of us know?"

Just being the devil's advocate...

Games coming around thick and fast, no rest for the wicked.

Same team as Norwich for me, providing Dembele is fit.

Can't underestimate Watford considering their recent results. Play to our strengths and focus on our own game and the result will follow.

Not sure how Watford plays, but I read that they give up very few goals so I assume they sit back at times -- If Dembele isn't feeling better, Carroll might be a good look.

Mason is back too isn't he? Going to be interesting.

Also, if you'd told me at the beginning of the season we wouldn't be seeing any of Bentaleb I'd have slapped you. Granted he could be working his way back into full fitness before Poch trots him out into the prem, but do we really see Poch breaking up what Dier/Dembele/Alli have been doing with the position?

If anything, I could potentially see us bring Rose in for Davies and Son in for Eriksen just to switch things up a bit but I do not see the three midfield stars in Dier/Dembele/Alli being rested for this one when they are so crucial. Kane too.

Woolwich have two easy home games next but Leicester play Man City I think so it's important we keep the pressure on with a win here..
A nice draw for Leicester and man city would be ideal but we can't hope for anything from the Woolwich game..

1-2 to the football connoisseurs..

Woolwich have two easy home games next but Leicester play Man City I think so it's important we keep the pressure on with a win here..
A nice draw for Leicester and man city would be ideal but we can't hope for anything from the Woolwich game..

I think I'd prefer City to beat Leicester. Man City are still the ones we want to keep close to Woolwich as they have the depth in squad to go the distance. We don't want to be relying on Leicester to stop Woolwich from winning the league. If we beat Watford, we don't go any further behind City then we are right now but we do gain even more pace on Leicester.

Unless there's a fitness reason not to, it's a given to start close to same 11, in my book. I would imagine Dembele would be someone, where Poch has to be careful this time of year, as much as I would loath to be without him for any match at this stage.

With Watford brimming with confidence and - almost - playing 4-4-2, I can see this match being really open and the play stretched. So my one non-fitness change would be based on that this might be a good one for Son to come in for some much-needed match practice and, hopefully, confidence, as that would set up nicely for him.

For the same reason, I'm calling 5-2 for us, or something along those lines. Son and Kane with a brace each and Toby the final. Heard it here first :pritchardeyes:

You just know that Gomez will have the game of his life - and Capoue will score his first goal for them. But we still should be looking to win these games, so with fingers, toes and eyes crossed, we get a result on Monday.
I tried to get tickets for this one but our allocation was a joke for this. The last time I went to Watford was the one where Hod scored that wonder goal when he chipped their keeper from the edge of the box - great game and hope for much of the same.

Bournemouth are unbeaten in 6 and are no pushovers.

They will beat the Horse Beaters though.

To be fair, no disrespect to Watford on their recent results, but I don't think they have played against a team with the confidence and style of play that Tottenham have. Could be a brilliant game.

Back
Top Bottom