Arnaut Danjuma Groeneveld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong.

So on par for the course. Continue.
Sorry. Will concede on the EPL. My mistake. He has played in the EPL.

Is More expensive than what Woolwich is paying for Trossard. Trossard to Woolwich 25 million + Add-ons. Danjuma to Spurs 2.5 million loan fee + 27 million for the permanent deal. My maths ain't very good but depending on who adds the figures Danjuma could be slightly more expensive.

Thirdly 2023eason Villarreal so far 10 games 2 goals and 0 assists. Steven Bergwjin, who we sold this season, is being chosen ahead of Danjuma based on current form.

He was great 2022 but this season has been disasterous for Danjuma. Remember a certain Dele Ali. Im sure you knocked a few guys because of him too. Don't base evaluation of a player on two seasons back. Bargain Bin, pipe dream signings aren't the best way to go.

But then again you probably enjoy The Veggie Burgers, Comfy Seats and Beautiful stadium. You probably bought into the Daniel Levy Rebuild as well.

Last edited:
Maybe your right but you could very well be wrong too ( i hope you are wrong personally)
Son has been a fantastic acquisition for this club and i get a little bit fucked off with the undue criticism the mans getting this season.
Id be more worried about him if he wasnt doing the normal Sonny things we have been used to seeing like getting in the right positions or picking the right pass

Hes just not had a great season thus far but there are 17 more league games for us to go and he is more than capable with his abilities to turn this season around for all the statisticians out there.

After watching documentary footage about him hes going to be his own biggest critic (After his dads laid the law down ofcourse :) ) and he will be 100% committed to writing his own story his way.

You look at his hat trick against Leicester and tell me who (as an attacking winger) could influence a result like that in such a short space of time?????

Salah
Mane
Mahrez
Sterling (in previous seasons at City)
Saka
and maybe Rashford on current form

That is very esteemed company indeed because thats in world football not just the premier league

Every morning the Sun rises

And our Son will rise again

The guy needs to feel the love (much like Conte) as opposed to the hate some of you are giving them right now.
COYSUN
COYCONTE
COYS

It's this kind of sentimental nonsense that holds us back.
If you want to see good football and wim games, you cannot carry players through games.
1 hat trick. 1 x 17 minute performance. He's been abysmal the rest of the season.
He's done well for us, and in return, he's paid handsomely. But he needs to buck up or get dropped

At the beginning of the season the "plan" would have been:

- Son = Golden boot awesomeness
- 1 last season from Lucas as the bottom of the pile option.
- We've just bought a versatile ST/Winger for a big sum.
- 6 fwds for 3 positions

......Things change (Son & Lucas); it's not always merely a case of lack of planning. Rather than being opportunistic; I think we're just trying to solve a problem that didn't exist at the begining of the season.

The problem was there for me at the start of the season. Regardless, I’m glad we are bringing someone in but if he was always the plan why not bring him in day one of January rather than the last week? The fact we didn’t just highlights our lack of planning once again.

The problem was there for me at the start of the season. Regardless, I’m glad we are bringing someone in but if he was always the plan why not bring him in day one of January rather than the last week? The fact we didn’t just highlights our lack of planning once again.
I thInk Zanilola was our first choice but the message coming out of Italy is he wants to stay in Italy. Nothing we can do about that but at least we have moved onto plan B. Just hope Conte plays him so we see if he is any good.

We probably had other preferred choices. Nothing to hate on this deal, low risk

Is he the first Nigerian player we signed?

It's this kind of sentimental nonsense that holds us back.
If you want to see good football and wim games, you cannot carry players through games.
1 hat trick. 1 x 17 minute performance. He's been abysmal the rest of the season.
He's done well for us, and in return, he's paid handsomely. But he needs to buck up or get dropped
And if Danjumas arrival does that to Sonny (making him raise his game) then im all for it arent you?

I thInk Zanilola was our first choice but the message coming out of Italy is he wants to stay in Italy. Nothing we can do about that but at least we have moved onto plan B. Just hope Conte plays him so we see if he is any good.
"Wants to stay in Italy" is code for "We didn't want to pay the fee".

Italian clubs always charge extra for any Italian leaving Italy as well. If he does go to Milan it will be for less than they were quoting us.

Hope this new player means Sonny can have a well deserved break and not take it to heart. He could have easily left us for another team when he was banging them in left right and centre but stuck around to his credit.

I know his form has been awful but lets not turn on one of our own just yet, I blame the coach for not dropping him, if picked you're not going to say "I would rather sit out".

hopefully a bit of rotation helps everyone, certainly with Richy coming back to fitness... We've got a lot of the season left, plenty of time for everyone.

ah thanks. The article I read said loan with no option, which seemed kinda pointless.

Happy to give this one a go, there really is nothing that says one signing will be better than another as it comes down to fit, formation, coaching, response and timing.
And luck. Lack of it for first few games and his head could go down. Sprinkle a bit in his first game and he'll be flying.

Back
Top Bottom