Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You can't say "absolutely no way" with any actual real conviction as it's an opinion.

Personally speaking I think we would have had around 10 more points minimum had he stayed.

Utd. & NC both have 12 more points, potentially 18 by season's end.

Conte is a good manager when he gets to focus on one competition. One game a week Conte is the best version of him. He seems to struggle with juggling multiple competitions and properly rotating his squad. Because as much as he cries about a lack of depth where he goes he does prefer a small core group of players that suit his style and ideas.

He also has a history of throwing the toys out of the pram whenever things don't go his way or get tough. Both of these are true.

Out of curiosity, is your take that he should have been allowed to stay even after his rant?

Every word he said was the truth, period, but he had a very upset dressing room he'd have been stepping back into.
I presume this "very upset dressing room" room was happier with Stellini and Mason? what has that done for our results?

I would have kept him until the end of the season personally.

I said at least 10 points.

I know..... But GD included it would likely have need to be double that.

Think we would have beaten Bournemouth, United and Brentford at home and held on to win away at Everton with a player and goal advantage.

I wouldn't say that with any confidence whatsoever...... Everything we've seen since Conte was very much present under Conte.... Esp. shit like that Everton game.

We nearly spaffed away the home win the Forest the same way we did vs Saints too.

I presume this "very upset dressing room" room was happier with Stellini and Mason? what has that done for our results?

I would have kept him until the end of the season personally.

Untenable is what it is, mate...... That's the card that Conte played.

Seems like the stories of Conte’s tenure are starting to seep out now. Even if some of the details arent 100% correct, it was completely obvious that it was a toxic mess inside that dressing room. I’m wondering how much just a fresh start and a more positive environment might improve some of our players even without Ange’s influence.

We All knew Conte was a massive cunt already, but I think there is little doubt that the deaths around him and his health issue probably threw it all over the top.

Seems like the stories of Conte’s tenure are starting to seep out now. Even if some of the details arent 100% correct, it was completely obvious that it was a toxic mess inside that dressing room. I’m wondering how much just a fresh start and a more positive environment might improve some of our players even without Ange’s influence.

We All knew Conte was a massive cunt already, but I think there is little doubt that the deaths around him and his health issue probably threw it all over the top.
I remember stupid people arguing with me blind no he'd never just have a strop and not use players because he was pissed (it's cause Spence is not doing it in training or wearing a hat, made a pass at his daughter). Open your fucking eyes the bloke was an emotionally volatile toddler. I genuinely to this day believe had he not been a cunt we could have got top four with tools he had at his disposal.

He came for easy money took the job after a fraudster cleaned him out(GOOD) and got out as soon as he could fake his own death. Sowing just enough truth to take in the rightly long term disgruntled. He had zero respect for us. The way he capitulated to a shit AC Milan (who I think Aston Villa/Brighton would have beaten) whilst talking them up makes me angry to this fucking day. OH FUCK IM GETTING RAGE ALL OVER AGAIN !!

I hope this arsehole never gets another job in football.

Last year, there was a thread where we did a ranking of all the Tottenham managers during the Premier League era. At the time, I felt it was too early to assess Conte but now I can.

Pochettino was top with Redknapp and Jol taking second and third. I discounted trophies and assessed purely on league form. I also made allowances for managers who worked under Sugar or in the early years of the ENIC era when we had less money and resources (Francis, Livermore/Clemence, Hoddle and Graham all went ahead of Mourinho on that basis).

Below these managers were the reliable caretakers like Tim Sherwood and David Pleat who could be trusted with team affairs on an interim basis without causing damage to the club (I'll add Ryan Mason to this category). Conte does not meet the criteria here for obvious reasons.

Conte occupies a somewhat unenviable position between the caretakers and the incompetents like Gross, Ardiles, Nuno and AVB. There is a part of me that would like to place Conte beneath the incompetents because the incompetents at least gave their best but I can't deny the success Conte achieved in 21/22.

That gives Conte a ranking of 12th out of 16. Goodbye and good riddance.

I remember stupid people arguing with me blind no he'd never just have a strop and not use players because he was pissed (it's cause Spence is not doing it in training or wearing a hat, made a pass at his daughter). Open your fucking eyes the bloke was an emotionally volatile toddler. I genuinely to this day believe had he not been a cunt we could have got top four with tools he had at his disposal.

He came for easy money took the job after a fraudster cleaned him out(GOOD) and got out as soon as he could fake his own death. Sowing just enough truth to take in the rightly long term disgruntled. He had zero respect for us. The way he capitulated to a shit AC Milan (who I think Aston Villa/Brighton would have beaten) whilst talking them up makes me angry to this fucking day. OH FUCK IM GETTING RAGE ALL OVER AGAIN !!

But people with their one track minds are going to vehemently defend him and use every excuse known to man to paint him in a good light because they are unable to differentiate from their utter hatred for the board, don't you worry about that. 😆

I hope this arsehole never gets another job in football.

Last year, there was a thread where we did a ranking of all the Tottenham managers during the Premier League era. At the time, I felt it was too early to assess Conte but now I can.

Pochettino was top with Redknapp and Jol taking second and third. I discounted trophies and assessed purely on league form. I also made allowances for managers who worked under Sugar or in the early years of the ENIC era when we had less money and resources (Francis, Livermore/Clemence, Hoddle and Graham all went ahead of Mourinho on that basis).

Below these managers were the reliable caretakers like Tim Sherwood and David Pleat who could be trusted with team affairs on an interim basis without causing damage to the club (I'll add Ryan Mason to this category). Conte does not meet the criteria here for obvious reasons.

Conte occupies a somewhat unenviable position between the caretakers and the incompetents like Gross, Ardiles, Nuno and AVB. There is a part of me that would like to place Conte beneath the incompetents because the incompetents at least gave their best but I can't deny the success Conte achieved in 21/22.

That gives Conte a ranking of 12th out of 16. Goodbye and good riddance.
Brilliant assessment. Can I add that if not for the shortness of his tenure Pleat deserves a slight bump from steady caretaker because he built a brilliant football team.

Back
Top Bottom