Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This guy is 100 percent capable of fucking off at the drop of a hat. I have no doubt.

He doesn’t have the unwavering loyalty Poch had nor the finished and desperate nature of Mourinho.

Conte is a genuine top 5 coach in the world at the peak of his powers. If he feels promises were broken and Levy has lied to him or fucked him over, I have absolutely no doubt he will walk.

It’s absolutely brilliant in a way. If he makes Levy bend and allow him to mould the team in his image then outstanding, and if he isn’t backed and walks Levy is well and truly faceplanted in the mud.

He has Levy and ENIC’s balls in a vice. And I’m all for it.
surely he can only do this once the winter transfer has closed? Until then there were no promises for Levy to break.

He has Levy and ENIC’s balls in a vice. And I’m all for it.

And then what?

Couple of protests, loads of hashtags on Twitter, massive condemnation from everyone associated at Spurs then what happens next?

Because they're not gonna leave anytime soon no matter how many fans want to protest and throw their toys out the pram.

Best hope Levy pulls his finger out of his arse...

surely he can only do this once the winter transfer has closed? Until then there were no promises for Levy to break.
Unless Levy starts moving goal posts coming up to January and tells him there’s actually no money to spend, there won’t be players available, we have to sell before we can buy, etc etc.

I wouldn’t rule anything out with that man.

And then what?

Couple of protests, loads of hashtags on Twitter, massive condemnation from everyone associated at Spurs then what happens next?

Because they're not gonna leave anytime soon no matter how many fans want to protest and throw their toys out the pram.

Best hope Levy pulls his finger out of his arse...
Fans always hold the power. Always.

Look at the Super League. A multi billion dollar project stopped in its tracks because the fans said so.

I agree with you in the sense that I’m not sure Spurs fans have what it takes to really force seismic change. Through no real fault of their own many Spurs fans have become institutionalised into believing mediocrity is acceptable and we shouldn’t strive for more.

However, I really do think if anything is to put a final nail in Levy’s relationship with the fans it would be him failing to back Conte.
If Conte were to walk for example, I fail to see how any fan could even attempt to support him anymore.

Look at the Super League. A multi billion dollar project stopped in its tracks because the fans said so.

I agree with you in the sense that I’m not sure Spurs fans have what it takes to really force seismic change. Through no real fault of their own many Spurs fans have become institutionalised into believing mediocrity is acceptable and we shouldn’t strive for more.

However, I really do think if anything is to put a final nail in Levy’s relationship with the fans it would be him failing to back Conte.
If Conte were to walk for example, I fail to see how any fan could even attempt to support him anymore.
Hahahaha

Do you really believe that? Truly?

Super league is going absolutely nowhere; they've already made changes to allow for relegation and no founding clubs will be protected from relegation either.

Conte: "I'm not a magician".

Now he tells us
:harrysmile:
Told you who we should have gone for:

Confused Harry Potter GIF

Last edited:

True, but our fan objection to the Super League farce was a tenth of Chelsea's, United's, Liverpool's...

Look at any of our anti-ENIC/Levy demos they're an embarrassment - blokes in white T-shirts with ENIC Out badly written in marker pen, a sub-busker level dreary cunt with an acoustic guitar...

There was supposed to be one on Sunday, SIX HOURS or so before KO, I'd be amazed if more than 20 showed.

Levy must be trembling.

True, but our fan objection to the Super League farce was a tenth of Chelsea's, United's, Liverpool's...

Look at any of our anti-ENIC/Levy demos they're an embarrassment - blokes in white T-shirts with ENIC Out badly written in marker pen, a sub-busker level dreary cunt with an acoustic guitar...

There was supposed to be one on Sunday, SIX HOURS or so before KO, I'd be amazed if more than 20 showed.

Levy must be trembling.
Have to say we are traditionally shit at protesting. LFC would have had a petition in parliament to get rid of Levy by now.

Probably commissioned Echo and the Bunnymen or The Farm to write a protest song. T-shirts all over the fucking gaff.

We're just amateurs in this regard.

I can’t but help feel that Conte knew exactly what he was getting into but now he wants more.

The comments were clearly intended to put pressure on Levy. It’s how Conte appears to work because he always wants more.

Conte has now put himself into direct conflict with the board and it could well soon result in a power battle . Levy really can’t risk Conte walking nor can he probably risk the sort of money that Conte is clearly suggesting will be needed

Might be over thinking it, thoughtful...

Maybe he was just pissed, as he realised he are hollow to the core and hoped we had a couple of gems to make the work easier, we don't...

Levy must be trembling.
I agree, and in my view Spurs fans should have been the most outraged about our owners entering the super league. Our owners are English, Levy an alleged “lifelong Spurs fan” yet they still ploughed ahead with that farce. Absolute astounding levels of disrespect towards fans.

And you’re right about the anti-ENIC protests too. Many fans who do turn up to them are just ridiculed for “being worse than Woolwich” and whatnot.
Unless there is a huge shift in the mindset of Spurs fans, I agree any efforts are futile.

Have to say we are traditionally shit at protesting. LFC would have had a petition in parliament to get rid of Levy by now.

Probably commissioned Echo and the Bunnymen or The Farm to write a protest song. T-shirts all over the fucking gaff.

This.

Liverpool, Chelsea, United, City, ANY club with a fan base the size of Spurs would be baying for blood with some of the decisions that have been made by our owners in the last 10 or so years.

Their fans have more solidarity, bit of a collective sense of identity. Our fans tend to hate everyone, especially each other.

Bunch of cunts if you ask me...

Levy must be trembling.
There was 2 blokes across the road in front of the enic out flag. Freezing their bollocks off. That was 90 minutes before the game

Would have a concern that Conte won't be with us for long I know especially after last night if we somehow manage to win a cup we would be delighted but just wondering what sort of position we will be in as a monster overhaul is required and that takes time and massive funds . I am sure he is a good manager but he generally has had top players he must have got some shock last night watching our lads make a show of the club .

Already feel sorry for him, until we get to point where complete performance related pay is used squads like ours will just take the piss, how are we that high up the table? What a terrible standard it is

Back
Top Bottom