Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For me, he made 9 changes. It's the 9 players that didn't start against Leeds that he's digging out.

He'll go back to that starting 11 and we'll see a more cohesion match again on Sunday.

He can upset the likes of Dele, Ndombele, Sanchez etc because they're only for a get games against pub teams in the paint trophy. Who cares.

The first choice will up their game rather than embarrass themselves.

If these wasters don’t want to do their job and can’t be relied upon then the kids should be played instead frankly. At least they might try.

How many more chances do they need?

Conte and the club need to be utterly ruthless, they’ve been allowed to coast along by the club for far too long.

Theres no leadership within the squad. A middle man between conte and the rest of the fuck nuggets. I'm sure lloris is a nice guy but from the amazon documentary, like the rest of the team, lacked the aura to be a club captain. Conte needs to get someone who's been there and done it and the rest of the team respect more than like

I have 0 bias against Conte, but at the same time I'm not a spurs supporter so I can say things objectively.

Example spurs having one of the best stadiums in the world, or playing beautiful football under Poch Especiallyin 2016 and 2017.

At the same time I have no love for Conte and I'll evaluate his pros and cons as a manager. I said it from the start Levy and Conte will never work
Everyone on this forum needs to put this gooner tramp on ignore.

#Done

Conte said before the game that he needed to give playing time to all the players and make his evaluations ahead of the January market. Well now he’s seen first hand how bad the attitude is for these second string players, the same guys who let us down against Norwich in the FA Cup, Zagreb last season, against Vitesse, Pacos, LASK and now Mura.

The older players like Sanchez, Ndombele, Doherty, Dele, the die is cast for them. They do not have any potential to improve and need to find new clubs. They do not play seriously when called upon. The younger players like Sess, Tanganga, Rodon, Gil, they were all shit last night but they at least have youth on their side and a potential to improve. Conte will probably focus on them and exile the others. This time Levy has to sell those exiled players and LISTEN TO THE MANAGER instead of living in his dream world where Dele can still score 20 goals a season.

Now Conte knows that there are certain players who absolutely must be on the pitch if we want to win a match. You can make at most 2 or 3 changes before the chance of winning heads towards zero percent.

Very good point.

Let's not forget how our previous rise started!
Poch came in, gave a chance, froze whole bunch of players out and proceeded with ones he found fitting.

I think many were dissapointed to see Ade, Bentaleb and Lennon to be axed. Looking back at everything, it worked out really well.

Based on my own gut feeling I'd say that current situation is worse- stale situation has lasted longer and number of "affected players" is bigger.

I honestly hope that Conte will be ruthless in his assessment. Even if he will not stay and build, good destruction of current situation and correct calls in that matter will help us forward none the less.

But, Kane was free? Think Poch was accountable for a big chunk, but would like Hitchens gone, as a marker that there must be someone held to note, when we have zero significant hit since Son (?) really, not one you can say "well someone had an eye as we picked x up who stepped up 2-3 levels".

Honestly believe Harrys 'change' post summer is the key catalyst to this, the group used to look to this guy who was Tottenham, always 100% there, dedicated, needed pulling back rather than pushing on mostly, as his drive was soo fierce.

Now, we have a physical Lamb, who can't make runs against Mura (time and against last night, what at first looking like poor balls, were actually players seeing H in no area to be found...).

CM is a car crash making our issues 10x worse as we have some of the weakest ball playing CB's in the prem and scant outlet for them usually without a line breaking ball, or tight angle pass greeting a player marked tight on the run.
sanchez, dele, winks, dier, sessegnon, doherty, davies...these players was letting us down long before city wanting kane.

kane has to work with these useless cunts in training, no wonder he wants out. i think any decent player with ambition would want out if thats the level of your team mates.

sanchez, dele, winks, dier, sessegnon, doherty, davies...these players was letting us down long before city wanting kane.

kane has to work with these useless cunts in training, no wonder he wants out. i think any decent player with ambition would want out if thats the level of your team mates.

But, those players were signed, or came through and are playing something like their potential, thats the Clubs fault for needing them, not theirs, IMO.

Where as Kane IMO is a devisive force in the camp now, unwittingly probably, but if he's coming in and chucking his bag now and sighing, tiny things, the group will pick up their man is still not really here...

It's massive, until we get two of Contes Kanes (two players he can transmit his desire through, be who Kane/others like Eriksen/Dele/Dembele were to Poch).

I can’t but help feel that Conte knew exactly what he was getting into but now he wants more.

The comments were clearly intended to put pressure on Levy. It’s how Conte appears to work because he always wants more.

Conte has now put himself into direct conflict with the board and it could well soon result in a power battle . Levy really can’t risk Conte walking nor can he probably risk the sort of money that Conte is clearly suggesting will be needed

I can’t but help feel that Conte knew exactly what he was getting into but now he wants more.

The comments were clearly intended to put pressure on Levy. It’s how Conte appears to work because he always wants more.

Conte has now put himself into direct conflict with the board and it could well soon result in a power battle . Levy really can’t risk Conte walking nor can he probably risk the sort of money that Conte is clearly suggesting will be needed

Conte has 100% already been pledge money (he wouldn't be here otherwise).... Specific amounts too presumably. IF he doesn't get it, just sit back and watch the world burn.

Trying to trying to second-guess and predict things in the meantime is just masochism.

I don’t know about you guys but on the Tottenham social media feeds I don’t want to see smiles and waves and laughter anymore. I want blood sweat and tears, too long players have been treating this club like a holiday ever since they forced Poch out of the job. I am fully behind Conte I only hope that Levy and Enic are as well.

The comments about being happy to be here sounds a bit discouraging. Could be a language thing though.

Either way I really can see Levy fucking this up. We're basically hoping for a statistical anomaly.

Many would have said Jose was the guy to stand up to him and demand players or kick off. Instead he was just a well-paid shill of a yes man who gradually turned into a passive aggressive deflecting cunt. Conte seems to have more honour, conviction and balls so I'm more hopeful.

Conte has 100% already been pledge money (he wouldn't be here otherwise).... Specific amounts too presumably. IF he doesn't get it, just sit back and watch the world burn.

Trying to trying to second-guess and predict things in the meantime is just masochism.
Yep agree with this we must know what Conte would want and so he must have assurances otherwise why hire him.
It's this thought that gives me hope that we will turn it around but there will be a few more shit results yet to come.

Offering another Neutral's perspective because I am thoroughly annoyed by the sheer patronising tone of the Barca lad.
I like Conte and I think he is one of the top 5 managers in the world right now. He will give every player a chance like Klopp did when he joined us and there'll be more than a few nights like this. I remember when Newcastle thumped us in one of Klopp's early games. Players will look tired and run out of gas late game because they havent had a tough pre season.
The current tottenham team is probably nearly as bad as the Liverpool team that he took over with a couple bright spots. This will take more than a couple seasons to improve because you cannot replace 7 starting XI players in one window.
There are a few more things that are positive for Spurs in that now they have a DoF so they are unlikely to buy players that Conte doesnt want. Edwards was promoted to DoF and transfer camaraderie improved significantly there.
The biggest challenge will be dependant on Paratici's ability to get the quality Conte expects within the budget constraints and with Conte being able to dictate the players that need to go out. It is far too important to clear out poor influences early in the regime and we had a lot of deadwood gone in the first summer including Allen, Benteke, Toure, Skrtel and Balotelli. Except Benteke, the rest sold for nothing. Levy MUST be prepared to take that hit because otherwise they cannot move on and that is not something a manager will compromise on. We couldnt sell Sakho but he was removed from the squad for his ill discipline and poor training. Conte will probably want Alli gone if he truly is a lazy trainer.
More than anything, the fans will need to be patient because this will be a long process and given the league level is much higher than 2015, it'll take time and there'll be runs of bad results/performances where he'll need backing. Managers like Conte that have this genuine enthusiasm and coaching nous for the sport are very rare and I hope he gets the support he deserves. I like Tottenham as a team and opponent and I'd have them getting some success over any of the other so-called big 6 rivals for us but remembering how it was for us when it began, I can only say that patience will be key in everything and the moment that runs out in any one facet, the thing will collapse.
You 100% are not a Liverpool fan. Way too balanced smart and astute. Thanks informed stuff

The comments about being happy to be here sounds a bit discouraging. Could be a language thing though.

Either way I really can see Levy fucking this up. We're basically hoping for a statistical anomaly.

Many would have said Jose was the guy to stand up to him and demand players or kick off. Instead he was just a well-paid shill of a yes man who gradually turned into a passive aggressive deflecting cunt. Conte seems to have more honour, conviction and balls so I'm more hopeful.
He'd walk rather than go down on Levy like Mourinho. Levy has zero choice. Get him most or all of what he wants theirs no other way. Example look at the requested backroom that Conte got as opposed to Nuno's requests. He never even got his tactical number two..

Levy: Antonio, I will give you 150 million* to spend
Conte: Great Daniel. I will join Tottenham!

Footnotes:
*Note: 150 million gross spend, 0 net spend over the next 3 transfer windows

This guy is 100 percent capable of fucking off at the drop of a hat. I have no doubt.

He doesn’t have the unwavering loyalty Poch had nor the finished and desperate nature of Mourinho.

Conte is a genuine top 5 coach in the world at the peak of his powers. If he feels promises were broken and Levy has lied to him or fucked him over, I have absolutely no doubt he will walk.

It’s absolutely brilliant in a way. If he makes Levy bend and allow him to mould the team in his image then outstanding, and if he isn’t backed and walks Levy is well and truly faceplanted in the mud.

He has Levy and ENIC’s balls in a vice. And I’m all for it.

This guy is 100 percent capable of fucking off at the drop of a hat. I have no doubt.

He doesn’t have the unwavering loyalty Poch had nor the finished and desperate nature of Mourinho.

Conte is a genuine top 5 coach in the world at the peak of his powers. If he feels promises were broken and Levy has lied to him or fucked him over, I have absolutely no doubt he will walk.

It’s absolutely brilliant in a way. If he makes Levy bend and allow him to mould the team in his image then outstanding, and if he isn’t backed and walks Levy is well and truly faceplanted in the mud.

He has Levy and ENIC’s balls in a vice. And I’m all for it.

This is why there should be universal contentment (at least in the short-term); It's a win/win for anyone that dislikes ENIC/Levy.

Back
Top Bottom