Anthony Martial

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Paul-Pogba-Football-Manager-teaser.png

Black box - identity confirmed.
Chelsea Vs Woolwich?:angryscouser:

The metro literally has resorted to making stuff up for click bate. It's so utterly shameless.

"Woolwich fans prepare to be excited by this world superstar transfer."

"Spurs have agreed to sign this World Cup winning superstar in jaw dropping deal."

It's all utter bollocks written by cockroaches trying to get you to click on their website.

Seems the type of player we are looking for, pacey, powerful wide forward who can also cover Kane and is young, my question would be is he talented enough.

He looks like a very good player in the clips I have seen. Lookedok in the matches I saw too. Can use both feet well, pacy, goes at defenders and can dribble. Just what we need. A much better end product than Townsend, can see a pass and score (equally as good with both feet) and with 4 years on AT has time to mould.
A sort of Jay Rodriguez for a MP team. Could play him in all 3 positions across the front imo. £18m is a gamble on any player, more so on one so young. Scum paid it for Chambers. You either reap the rewards with a 10 season stay c/w consistent performances/profit on re sell or lose heavy after a couple. If we sold Andros for £10m & bought him the only thing that would bother me is if he had the same commitment to the club.
The only way this will happen is if we sell.
He will also be unlimited u21's

But it's probably all bollocks.

EVERYONE looks like a good player in clips... that's why they use clips!
If he was shit for 89 minutes, and had a blinder for all of 1 minute... that's the minute you'd see in the clip, surely Shirley?
Best videos are always the videos where it shows every touch in a certain game. Granted, they only really use games where the player was noticeably good, but what I always look for in these videos is the awareness, touch and vision of a player because those are things that you can't really teach.

EVERYONE looks like a good player in clips... that's why they use clips!
If he was shit for 89 minutes, and had a blinder for all of 1 minute... that's the minute you'd see in the clip, surely Shirley?

That is certainly a problem. I like Chadli but in a clip of this season you can make him look like Bale or a world beater, you won't see anything of his long spells of hiding or his poor defensive work at times.

Here's a thought... what players couldn't even be made to look good in a clip montage?
...plenty in our dim and not-so-distant History i'm sure!!!

Yes. Yes he is.
Him together with Rashford have been two breezes of air in a room full of beerfarts that is ManU.

Player with very good technique and a lot of promise but not nearly utilized how he should be. I have been quite amazed with his close control/dribbling. He could also be quite direct with the ball (something I feel we have lacked at times) and his decision making for such a young player is quite good as well. I totally believe him leaving ManU because he is just standing still there. If he would have spent same amount of time under Poch, he'd be all over the front pages of sports newspapers. Basically he has regressed under Mou (like so many players do) - in his 1st season he scored 18 and assisted 11 while being 20. And never improved from there somehow.

But if the question is "would he be valuable for Spurs" - this one is harder. We currently have Son (last season 21 goals +10 assists; this season 18G+9A), Alli (last season 22G+13A; this 12G+17A), Eriksen (Last: 12G+23A; this 14G+11A) plus "challengers" of Lamela, Moura and Sissoko who we can deploy as AM. We still have not given proper run to Moura as of now. Would be quite questionable to slash the cash on new boy in this sense. Though I feel he would be better option for Kane substitute then Son is right now.

We have to consider that he won't go for peanuts if sold (Juve and Bayern are after him; latter being more realistic to me given the age of Ribery and Robben+ way deeper pockets then Juve), I think we are looking at around 50 mil pounds for him. So - hard to justify signing him, even though personally I really would like to see player with his qualities in Spurs.Theoretically if we could get 10 mil for Llorente and 25 for Sissoko (if we also add quality to midfield to address his departure) somehow then adding another 15 and getting Martial would make ... some sense. Though would make more sense if we'd decide to move on Lamela or Moura + Llorente. All this is extremely unlikely.
In Juventus-Spurs I appreciated Son and Eriksen: they impressed me. Son is devastating on the band (the old Barzagli decided to retire after the humiliation). Eriksen has great technique and excellent tactical sense.

Back
Top Bottom