Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So for the Ange out , genuine question - Lets say we got rid of him and got another manager , how long are we giving them?
History has shown that whoever you get in they will need time , its a moot point anyway as we all know Top 4 is Enics everything so as long as we look likely to get that next season Levy will be renewing his contract!
Personally I think he has done well considering, but lets be honest the bar is set pretty low, I just hope next season we take some of the cups more seriously!

You know the answer to that though, you ask the same question when we have a perceived bad moment and you go through your usual diatribe of moving the conversation onto the board, so boring.

You seemingly think/know it will fail under Ange so one wonders why you put yourself through this every year, if you know it will inevitably fail every season then why do you even bother, fans are meant to have hope haven't they?

And there's absolutely no guarantee that if you replaced ENIC with other owners we'd suddenly start winning, that's not how it works so you're just gonna have to suck it up and accept that's who we are mate.
ITS BACK BABY !!!!

I'm glad you haven't completely disregarded the old classics with the roaring success you've had with "ok"

Give the fans what they want

Using your personal dislike of a word because you don't understand what it means isn't other people making excuses, sounds like that's a McCOYS problem.
You still don't comprehend that we've had our rebuild already, we're not going to be selling half the team and getting six new players, we might get one or two players in the summer. Most of our players are newer than 3 years old, the coaches aren't going to change their roles ie Ange says the attacking coach (Mason) is dealing with our corners. etc etc ditto with the other coaches.

We need a small number of new players in the summer transfer window, mainly the CF that we didn't get to replace Kane. Maybe a repalcement for Werner's position, not much else rather than a squad player CB possibly. It's not feasible to buy a load of players within the last three years and then sell them and rebuild.

It's only really Son that has survived the rebuild we already had, just about everyone else is relatively new.

So all this 'we're rebuiding' is a heap of horseshit, it's already happened.

So for the Ange out , genuine question - Lets say we got rid of him and got another manager , how long are we giving them?
History has shown that whoever you get in they will need time , its a moot point anyway as we all know Top 4 is Enics everything so as long as we look likely to get that next season Levy will be renewing his contract!
Personally I think he has done well considering, but lets be honest the bar is set pretty low, I just hope next season we take some of the cups more seriously!
Someone made the very good point that Klopp took 3 years before he changed Liverpool.
Now maybe he was backed better than Ange will be, but sacking the manager after a season or so is not always the answer.The best we have been in recent memory was with a boss we gave time to.

You know the answer to that though, you ask the same question when we have a perceived bad moment and you go through your usual diatribe of moving the conversation onto the board, so boring.

You seemingly think/know it will fail under Ange so one wonders why you put yourself through this every year, if you know it will inevitably fail every season then why do you even bother, fans are meant to have hope haven't they?

And there's absolutely no guarantee that if you replaced ENIC with other owners we'd suddenly start winning, that's not how it works so you're just gonna have to suck it up and accept that's who we are mate.
Ok

Someone made the very good point that Klopp took 3 years before he changed Liverpool.
Now maybe he was backed better than Annge will be, but sacking the manager after a season or so is not always the answer.The best we have been in recent memory was with a boss we gave time to.
Even Lego Head took a couple of 8th place finishes - Maybe Ange isnt the right one, however I think he needs to be given more time before we Judge him

You still don't comprehend that we've had our rebuild already, we're not going to be selling half the team and getting six new players, we might get one or two players in the summer. Most of our players are newer than 3 years old, the coaches aren't going to change their roles ie Ange says the attacking coach (Mason) is dealing with our corners. etc etc ditto with the other coaches.

We need a small number of new players in the summer transfer window, mainly the CF that we didn't get to replace Kane. Maybe a repalcement for Werner's position, not much else rather than a squad player CB possibly. It's not feasible to buy a load of players within the last three years and then sell them and rebuild.

It's only really Son that has survived the rebuild we already had, just about everyone else is relatively new.

No we haven't, your entire perception of a rebuild is just plain wrong and hilarious but you're not going to change your mind about it and neither am I so it's a pointless discussion, Good day sir.

Jesus Christ, you've been bleating for hours, and you're still wrong. We're in a project - the Ange project - and he's rightly going to get more than one fucking season.

Not happy? Then look at Levy and co, NOT Ange.

Edit: Anyone who disagrees with this post is a gooner.

:troll:

Last edited:
I find the rebuild term a bit of a non starter - there are 2 transfer windows a season so unless your financing a shiny new stadium or struggling with FFP/PSR most teams are continuously evolving squads anyway and we something like the 3rd highest spenders over the last 3 years?

As for Ange adjusting to the prem I think he has and TBH I’m not a fan - vicario standing with the ball at his feet for 15 seconds before passing to romero who does the same before passing back to Vic is not the swashbuckling different looking getting our Tottenham back we (and Maddison ) were promised in the summer it is fast turning into the turgid shite we have endured for the last 4 years or so/,FFS 72% possession against Newcastle and we were awful

Now maybe he was backed better than Ange will be, but sacking the manager after a season or so is not always the answer.The best we have been in recent memory was with a boss we gave time to.

Well we've spent 100m+ net spend since Ange took over. So will be interesting to see if he will continue to be backed in such a manner this summer.

This thread is well shit today.

Absolutely fine to question a coach. He's not the messiah. Was always going to happen when people got away from thinking he was literally Jesus Christ reborn and accepted that he is just a coach, a coach with next to zero top level experience in Europe.

Lots to prove from him but should be given plenty of time to do it.

Absolutely fine to question a coach. He's not the messiah. Was always going to happen when people got away from thinking he was literally Jesus Christ reborn and accepted that he is just a coach, a coach with next to zero top level experience in Europe.

That’s not why it’s shit.

But of course it’s fine to question a coach. Or anyone, even left wing political leaders should be questioned, right?

The messiah thing is a load of cobblers. People just like the press conferences and we play some great football in patches. Nobody has been treating him like a messiah.

Mate, I’m not saying Ange shouldn’t tweak and refine the system. I’m willing to bet they are trying to do that every week in training.
Whether or not we can always see it or not is different.

Where I’m saying Ange won’t change is on things like inverting the FBs. That’s not something you change mid season. Maybe in the summer they look at things again like Pep is often doing when he goes from inverted FB to an extra CB but for now we have to stick to our guns and get better at it.

Interestingly enough on Talksport today they were saying that Ange is just trying to get us great at his number one style and way of playing and then once he has done that he can work on other things. It kind of sounds plausible. Think it was Martin O'neill who said it.

It is fine to 'question' a coach but I've got no time or respect for anyone who is 'Ange out'.

And despite some of the nonsense you posted earlier, we ARE doing better this season than last season, no matter what you post.

He deserves far more than one season to prove himself, and he also needs to be financially backed this summer.

You can disagree with any of the above, but you'd be wrong.

:tanguythumb:

Back
Top Bottom