Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is this thread for real? šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Have we got the weakest set of fans in the league or what.

Imagine crying over our managers answer. Only to still cuck over a manager who not only went and joined our London rivals but would regularly refuse to rule himself out of links to other clubs and even suggested leaving days before the CL final.
Yes we have. Some fucking idiots on here. If you are not at the game on a match day go on the thread and youā€™ll see the utter fucking stupidity of our match day posters.

Gym&Melt or Melt&Chill ?

Gym&Chill I'll tag you directly in this just so it's not passive-aggressive.

Were you on the anti-ange train so you are saying this cos you want him gone? Or you really believe what you are typing?
Its about respect. The man hasnt been at the club for two seconds and heā€™s giving a starry eyed speech about his achievements and future whilst refusing to rule out a direct question about leaving for another named club and that itā€™s ā€œout of his controlā€ and that he ā€œstill has a season to see out with usā€

WTF HES BEEN HERE FIVE MINUTES šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Its grotesque. He hasnt even achieved anything at Spurs yet. I hope he does. But I just think he needs to reel it in a bit, the whole media darling thing is a bit nauseating. He could have just said no instead of trying to be cute.

10-15 years ago if a manager behaved like that the fans response would be different but obviously we have become a beaten submissive bunch these days

Put it this way, if Ange was Liverpool manager and the interviewer asked him about links to Spurs, what do you think his response would have been? Have a feeling it would have been a bit different.

I'd be wary of leaving some of our fans with glue unsupervised personally.

season 4 worry GIF

You werenā€™t wrong.

Its about respect. The man hasnt been at the club for two seconds and heā€™s giving a starry eyed speech about his achievements and future whilst refusing to rule out a direct question about leaving for another named club and that itā€™s ā€œout of his controlā€ and that he ā€œstill has a season to see out with usā€

Its grotesque. He hasnt even achieved anything at Spurs yet. I hope he does. But I just think he needs to reel it in a bit, the whole media darling thing is a bit nauseating. He could have just said no instead of trying to be cute.

10-15 years ago if a manager behaved like that the fans response would be different but obviously we have become a beaten submissive bunch these days

Put it this way, if Ange was Liverpool manager and the interviewer asked him about links to Spurs, what do you think his response would have been? Have a feeling it would have been a bit different.

Youā€™ve literally made this all up to suit your own weird agenda.

For the record youā€™re one of the melty fans being talked about in previous posts.

Zip it.

Stopped reading after the first paragraph

He wasnā€™t disrespectful or stary-eyed.

Hey personally for me its about loyalty. I come into a club barely there 5 minutes and I want to be endearing to the fans and show respect and someone brings up fooking Liverpool I laugh and say no chance I am Spurs manager. The end. Not wiggle my arse at them.

Cant see klopp pep doing that. You wouldnt see that from a Utd manager. Ange isnt stupid. That was arrogant and obviously lowkey sees us as a stepping stone. A utd manager doesnt say that in a utd presser. Simple. A liverpool manager wouldnt dare dream of saying anything like that, especially the wrath of the scousers. But hey Spurs fans, and the lack of respect in recent times from managers and the different energy we get. Doesnt sit right with me

Please respect guys please. But whatever if thats your vibe and u get off on thisā€¦

the godfather GIF
ā€œI love you Ange but dont ever takes sides against the family againā€

Hey personally for me its about loyalty. I come into a club barely there 5 minutes and I want to be endearing to the fans and show respect and someone brings up fooking Liverpool I laugh and say no chance I am Spurs manager. The end. Not wiggle my arse at them.

Cant see klopp pep doing that. You wouldnt see that from a Utd manager. Ange isnt stupid. That was arrogant and obviously lowkey sees us as a stepping stone. A utd manager doesnt say that in a utd presser. Simple. A liverpool manager wouldnt dare dream of saying anything like that, especially the wrath of the scousers. But hey Spurs fans, and the lack of respect in recent times from managers and the different energy we get. Doesnt sit right with me

Please respect guys please. But whatever if thats your vibe and u get off on thisā€¦

the godfather GIF

Again, youā€™re making things up. Take a day off.

Okay so put it this way?

The interviewer asks the same thing but about Woolwich instead of Liverpool.

That response still sit right with you?

Okay so put it this way?

The interviewer asks the same thing but about Woolwich instead of Liverpool.

That response still sit right with you?

Again, completely making things up.

Learn to comprehend.

Really weird that you mainly pipe up when you have something negative to say.

I genuinely donā€™t think youā€™re a spurs fan tbh.

the godfather GIF

When would Klopp or Pep ever get asked by the British football media if they are interested in a fantasy link to Spurs that they just plucked out of their arse to sell ads on article clicks by numpties?

Literally none of the things you are talking about exist. Not even the hypotheticals are close to reality.

I have generations of family from Tottenhamā€¦
I think you're worrying a bit too much. He made it clear what he wants: To build a foundation for future success. You don't lay down a third of the concrete then bugger off when you're putting up a shed.

The guy has won something pretty much everywhere he's been. He's going to want that with us otherwise it's all talk (which I really don't think it is with Ange).

I think you're worrying a bit too much. He made it clear what he wants: To build a foundation for future success. You don't lay down a third of the concrete then bugger off when you're putting up a shed.

The guy has won something pretty much everywhere he's been. He's going to want that with us otherwise it's all talk (which I really don't think it is with Ange).

It would be a terrible look for him as well. If he walked away after a year of a rebuild without completing it or achieving anything, heā€™d look flakey and non committal

I truly hope so but he bounced from Celtic very quickly, and hes still somewhat of an unknown quantity.

Iv been impressed by Ange so far. But the presser was a roll eyes moment. It just wasnt necessary.

You need to watch the whole thing mate you have twisted what he said to suit your needs, he is not leaving and he doesn't think he deserves better than being the manager of THFC

If he does move on, I take full responsibility, as I bought an Ange mug and an Ange stylised-movie poster.
I've bought into the whole "I want to build a successful team here", and will be sorely disappointed if it's just a load of baloney.

Back
Top Bottom