Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For me, he needs to tinker. His starting XI in the first half of the season may not be the right starting XI for the 2nd half of the season anymore. The way Kulu plays, his hesitancy, and Madders drop in form with not many incisive passes made, as well as Biss carelessness now, I don't think they are definite starters for now TBH.

All on Ange that.

We haven't played well since November.

You can't start Emerson/Davies and invert them making them two 10s. Absolutely pointless. He has to adapt and play to his players strength including playing Son in the middle.

I feel we are tactically outmatched in quite a run of games now. Feels like teams have figured us out. Could stick it down to player depth, but he has the majority of first choice options back now. It's like a regression back again recently. When we concede I'm not convinced we can comeback to win the games, and we give away lots of very easy chances, especially when the other team is in the lead.

Fans from Ange teams said that 2nd season is different, and there was a lot to enjoy in the early few games of the season. Aslong as the 'depth' we can get is a few more Van de Vens, and less Brennan Johnsons.
SQUAD depth is not sufficient.

We had proper back-ups for FB position, we'd have been ok imo.

They are crucial to our attacks.

Also he needs to have a Plan B. When they're 11 men in their own box you pressure and cross it in again and again. You can't play tiki taka with zero width. Did you see our wingers.

I dunno if the honeymoon period is over but we are on the cusp. Theres enough time for a pretty good season or a bit of a car crash ending and I honestly don't know what we will get.
This. He seems very sure of himself and may simply believe its just personel issues....but it's clear to me the shock of the new has worn off and all the other managers have had a good long look at our shape and understand exactly where to apply the pressure.

No issue with me as long as he is learning lessons.

The Palace game is a big one because who starts says much about the decisions he is willing to take.

The guy needs to see and to know what needs to be put right, playing style and personnel.

But all good I think.

No way was anything better than 5th a realistic proposition, irrespective of fcuking pundits.
He's not learning.

Also he needs to have a Plan B. When they're 11 men in their own box you pressure and cross it in again and again. You can't play tiki taka with zero width. Did you see our wingers.
Sometimes i put this on the players, like at 1-1 foot on the throat and we took a short corner that went all the way back to the hafway line, i doubt thats coming from the dugout.

My main concern is that Ange has said on multiple occasions that his teams play one way and one way only.

The issue is that everyone seems to have figured out how to blunt us and we’ve shown no semblance of a plan B.

My main concern is that Ange has said on multiple occasions that his teams play one way and one way only.

The issue is that everyone seems to have figured out how to blunt us and we’ve shown no semblance of a plan B.

Do you think we're playing the same way right now as we did earlier in the season? 😂

Poch only had plan A too. Which, when clicking, was undefendable. But every so often we'd come up against a low block.

Sound familiar?

Only ever saw Poch change it once, against Dortmand away when we played on the counter. Like 30% possession or something. 🤣

All on Ange that.

We haven't played well since November.

You can't start Emerson/Davies and invert them making them two 10s. Absolutely pointless. He has to adapt and play to his players strength including playing Son in the middle.
Ange is going to play the same way.

The same he's always done.

Not changing it for anyone.

If you bring him to the prem to play this style, you have to give him proper depth, so when injuries/suspensions occur he can swap-in commensurate quality to keep things functional.

Tbf the rebuild has only properly begun.

A lot still to do.

Back
Top Bottom