Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If the fanbase cared about getting the owners out we would have seen smidgen of something like this instead of the failed attempts where only 100 people turn up.

Tells you everything about how our fans feel towards these owners.

Yeah I think most of them are pretty numb to it all really.

Numb is a pretty common word amongst Spurs fans tbh.

Exactly. And nearly 25 of those years have been with ENIC. 😆 😆 😆
New Orleans Food GIF by PBS Digital Studios

Would you say you are one of the "franchised" then? if that's a word for this meaning.

Are you on team ENIC? or just numb and don't like hearing the complaints about them?

Some criticisms have been valid..... A lot is bollocks.

Do I actively want them out? No.
Would I be heartbroken if they left? No.

I just don't want us to become a sportswashing shit-stain.

No... That's not "all" you have said............

You've said on numerous occasions that we should have a deeper trophy count than we do (and have bought more superstar players) cos we're a top 10 richest team in Europe..... (Both here and the Trf thread.)

Question remains.... For how many years? If it's 2/3 years over the last 30 (which I suspect it is) then it doesn't amount to very much in terms of competitive advantage vs teams that have constantly been in that list for most of that time.
Blimey, I’m not sure what you are reading & where. Perhaps you want to show me where I have said what you have stated above. What I actually said was this. And yes, we should have won more trophies than we have over the last 24yrs.

We have been in the top 10 richest clubs for 7 yrs in total, the last 6yrs running over the last 27yrs
Zirkzee imo is one of the few out there that might fit in the buy range and salary range we shop in and also have the ability to go up a level and be a Son/Kane level attacker

Haven’t seen him recently though. Anyone seen much him him in the last few games?
We are now officially the richest club in London, one of the richest clubs in the world & have I believe the 3rd highest match day revenues in the world. There can be no more excuses why we are not competing with the big boys & signing the top players. We can’t just keep buying 2nd & 3rd tier quality players & expect to reach the level of the top clubs.

Blimey, I’m not sure what you are reading & where. Perhaps you want to show me where I have said what you have stated above. What I actually said was this. And yes, we should have won more trophies than we have over the last 24yrs.

We have been in the top 10 richest clubs for 7 yrs in total, the last 6yrs running over the last 27yrs
We are now officially the richest club in London, one of the richest clubs in the world & have I believe the 3rd highest match day revenues in the world. There can be no more excuses why we are not competing with the big boys & signing the top players. We can’t just keep buying 2nd & 3rd tier quality players & expect to reach the level of the top clubs.

I'm not even sure what you're contesting here.......

You're simultaneously waving around the "rich list" flag in relation to trophy-count and buying star players (finished articles; not one's with room to grow)....... Then acting like you're not.

The simple fact is pecking orders and reputations don't get revised overnight (or even after a big trophy; just ask Leicester!)..... And as already noted..... Whilst you have 9 richer (and just as importantly; more successful) clubs than you across Europe; superstars mostly don't look that far down the list when looking at prospective new clubs. Nor does being the 6th-4th richest club in your league amount to a significant advantage domestically.... Especially given the raw spending power that Man C, Chavs & Man U have exerted over the EPL era.

Hat's off to Liverpool; they played a blinder (not that they too haven't been richer than us for decades!); but they went 30 years without a title... And Arse have similarly floundered ever since the petro-era started. Meanwhile we've been slogging away trying to climb UPWARDS into that company only to get kicked back down the ladder by City & Newcastle. Yes; we've finally got a bit more money to splash around; but:

a) that doesn't mean the pecking order of the assumed trophy-hoovers no longer exists and...
b) it doesn't mean we can retrospectively throw a bunch of silverware in our trophy cabinet.

As I put to you in the other thread; get me good players.... Fuck all the other superficial bells & whistles of the annual trf pantomime.

But that isn't the model of this club under these owners. It's not a winning model, it's model designed for achieving net positives in terms of finances and league positions and it does that very well.

What are you gonna do though? The cycle is predictable and repetitive but it's enough to keep people engaged. May as well accept it and go into each season hoping it will be different and get behind the team.

But that isn't the model of this club under these owners. It's not a winning model, it's model designed for achieving net positives in terms of finances and league positions and it does that very well.

What are you gonna do though? The cycle is predictable and repetitive but it's enough to keep people engaged. May as well accept it and go into each season hoping it will be different and get behind the team.

AKA the Liverpool model.

Then remind me, I'm not asking you to hunt the internet for proof, just a reminder of this cheating you've accused those 3 clubs of.

Fergie time was blatant cheating

Rio Ferdinand getting away with not showing up for drug tests, that was cheating.

UTD not conceding a penalty at Old Trafford for years, cheating.

woolwich under wenger were snidey divers that always got penalties and dodgy decisions. Cheaters. Henry handball against Ireland remember that? He was a serial cheat like that.

Liverpool built on cheating.

I agree, there is no real desire or appetite from Levy to prioritise winning trophies. If we finish in the top 4 on a consistent basis & the value of ENIC‘s investment keeps growing, he will be a happy man

AKA the Liverpool model.

So how did their model produce so much success then?

On the surface, they look like similar models but the output from the models has been so different so they can't be that similar.

Because they brought in Michael Edwards and handed over more decision-making responsibility?

They used Coutinho money to buy 2 world-class talents, we used the Bale money to get 7 players, most of them very average?

Maybe that's where the difference in the mentality is?
more self-belief to chase high-end players and pay what it takes to get them?

1.29pm : You brazenly refer to fans dissatisfied with the owners as ENIC HATERS
Countless times; people on here that have their own misgivings about the owners have expressed an aversion to how the hardened ENIC-haters conduct themselves and preach their 'gospel'.

Literally 6 minutes later, in your very next post, you take umbrance at those you've just referenced for using ENIC FANS to describe guys like you and Shady . 🤷‍♂️
Why not direct all these questions to the obv. gobshites in our midst instead? .............You know; the one's that patronisingly call people an ENIC-fan the moment you dare not agree with every bit of trumped up rhetoric they're slinging around?

Do you now understand why you're considered the forum hypocrite?

You're also known for complaining to admin about people using ENIC to derail threads for their own agenda.....

What have you been doing for the last half a dozen pages, mate? ...In fact you never, ever post about ENIC in the ENIC thread itself!!!

Again, your hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Last edited:
1.29pm : You brazenly refer to fans dissatisfied with the owners as ENIC HATERS

Literally 6 minutes later, in your very next post, you take umbrance at those you've just referenced for using ENIC FANS to describe guys like you and Shady . 🤷‍♂️

Do you now understand why you're considered the forum hypocrite?

You're also known for complaining to admin about people using ENIC to derail threads for their own agenda.....

What have you been doing for the last half a dozen pages, mate? ...In fact you never, ever post about ENIC in the ENIC tread!!!

Again, your hypocrisy knows no bounds.
Grass and a cunt fuck him obnoxious prick.

Back
Top Bottom