Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Exactly this. How people disagree with what he said is beyond me. I don’t understand how you can get upset with quotes that only show his desire to create a winning culture in the club. Bizarre overreaction from this fanbase
Supporters don't create winning cultures, players and managers and owners do.

During covid and the stands were empty, City were still dominant, they have the most plastic fucking fans known to man.

You think the scum have good supporters that have made Woolwich title challengers? They are some of the biggest melters in the league.

It's bullshit deflection, HIM and the players have had the ability to do the job for months and they have failed, the only person that should be getting the blame for failing to secure top four and putting us in a position where we have to want our team to lose so our rivals don't win the league is the manager, the players and the board, that's it, end of discussion.

Saying there are issues "inside and outside" the club is pure deflection, outside the club has nothing to do with them failing to do their jobs, the supporters have been right behind Ange all along, even clapping that fucking TURGID display against the chavs, if anything the only thing you can level at our supporters is the acceptance of mediocrity but that's been ingrained in the culture from the top after decades of failure.

I get your point, but the two things don't follow. On any given day, any PL team can beat us. We struggled to beat Sheff United last time round. Just got past Luton (2x) and Burnley last week. There can be odd results on last day when the pressure is off if a team has gone down.

And, as we saw this season, a team's performance can change pretty quickly. We could be a much better team next season in EL than we have been these past two months. Here's hoping.

Hopefully other results are favourable to us, starting with barcodes tonight.
That sounds like 20% of the mythical 10 games weren't so mythical after all......

Exactly this. How people disagree with what he said is beyond me. I don’t understand how you can get upset with quotes that only show his desire to create a winning culture in the club. Bizarre overreaction from this fanbase
Yup. As usual people read it through whatever filter is already in their head and take from it whatever fits their pre existing narrative. Myself included, I’m sure. But to me these comments, coming in the emotionally charged aftermath of that bizarre day, with Spurs fans screaming at him to throw the game and cheering the City goals (as I was, but on my couch not in the stadium and not so much cheering as exhaling silently in relief), were a big puff of nothing. What matters is what is done, not said.

Looking forward to phase 2 of the culture change, the clear out, the new signings, and next season.

Let's say culture, however you define it, wins games. Are we saying the culture at Woolrich is far superior (based on results) to that at Spurs? I would argue that Woolrich spent more, and selected players better, than Spurs have. And if anyone factors fans into the equation, theirs are sure not superior to ours. I think culture is often just having a plan and sticking to it. Good managers own their results. Postecoglou came through the door making excuses and now, after five losses in six games, he's still making excuses. That is not leadership.

You're making this solely a manager thing, it's far bigger than that.

I think Woolwich have a fragile compared to City for example but they're in a much better place than they were 5 years ago.

I think he's been an absolute cunt over this scenario,contradicted himself, and is trying to deflect from as horrible a capitulation as we endured last season (if not worse under the circumstances of last night) and what he said earlier in the season about 4th and set pieces has come back to bite him in the arse. But I'm going to draw a line under it now and move on. He's got until halfway through next season to prove to me personally that he's the man for the job. Early cup exits and patchy form with poor football is not going to cut it next season. He wants us to be strong mentally and believe we can win games and titles then I'll back it but he better fucking produce it.

Tottenham can't win trophies when the refs are anti-Tottenham, the same refs that Ange doesn't wanna talk about. Michael Oliver didn't want to give a clear, blatant penalty, VAR had to challenge him. Liverpool are allowed to kick the ball off a player's head at over 6 feet and kick the the player in the head - no foul. Spurs' goalie fouled by teams since man.City started it in the FA Cup and Howard Webb has said it was ok, but in other matches the ref gives a foul. Bentancur was clearly hacked down by Matty Cash and injured and had to go off yet the ref and VAR didn't punish it. Even Andy Goldstein said on Talksport they should give a retrospective red card for that foul. But nothing said from Ange.

If he's gonna moan about the fans he should start defending the team from the referees who are deliberately working against this club, and brush up his history and knowledge of Tottenham Hotspur coz I think he knows little about Spurs.

Tottenham can't win trophies when the refs are anti-Tottenham, the same refs that Ange doesn't wanna talk about. Michael Oliver didn't want to give a clear, blatant penalty, VAR had to challenge him. Liverpool are allowed to kick the ball off a player's head at over 6 feet and kick the the player in the head - no foul. Spurs' goalie fouled by teams since man.City started it in the FA Cup and Howard Webb has said it was ok, but in other matches the ref gives a foul. Bentancur was clearly hacked down by Matty Cash and injured and had to go off yet the ref and VAR didn't punish it. Even Andy Goldstein said on Talksport they should give a retrospective red card for that foul. But nothing said from Ange.

If he's gonna moan about the fans he should start defending the team from the referees who are deliberately working against this club, and brush up his history and knowledge of Tottenham Hotspur coz I think he knows little about Spurs.
Always cheated, never defeated.

That boys, girls and whiny cunts is the weak mentality coursing through TottenhambHotspur

5 Losses in the Last 6 games is unacceptable yet all the media are talking about is how Ange feels let down as some of the stadium were happy for us not to win?
Don't get me wrong there are some positives to take in the way we played last night , however Football is a results game and anything but 3 points on our last game and a good performance to go with it then Ange will be gone before Christmas.

The bizarre overreaction came from Ange towards the fans both before and after the game. He played the whole thing terribly.

He's had him signed for ages and barely used him, more excuses imo.

"If we would have had him from the start of the season our season would have been different" How so? Would he have played him more? I mean there have been games where he could have used him during this dire run of form and he has been benched.

I don't buy it, it's just constant deflection with Ange, the "inside and outside" comment that he left very vague and refused to elaborate on, one week he's saying we did great business in the summer, the next there are problems "inside" the club, the next he's saying we have plans in place for the summer already, he said that finishing 4th is "meaningless" his exact words, now he suddenly cares about it.

Constantly contradicting himself, it just feels like deflection to me and his demeanor is showing that as well, you're free to disagree but all I could see watching that presser last night was a man under pressure and doubting himself and lashing out at the club and supporters for his own failure.

We didn't have to be in this position, we could have been home and dry if we weren't putting in terrible performances the last few months and those performances were ultimately down to his stubbornness to change and poor tactical planning and him complaining about not having drag from the start of the season when we have barely seen him play since signing him and been going through this shit run of form is just more proof of his own failures.

Real leaders don't pass the buck, they take it on the chin and fix things, like I said before, don't talk about it, be about it.
I'm really trying my best not to, but I do admire you have everything bad to say about Ange in literally any quote he said. Lol

I am fairly pro Ange, or in the camp that he needs another season to see what he's about,at the very least, but...
That rant was not one from a manager that sees the himself here for much longer. Maybe i totally read it wrong, but that's how i saw it.

Hope i am wrong.

Back
Top Bottom