Advantages the Gooners have been given over the years

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Allowed to play for years in the champs league with a pitch which didnt meet the tournaments size requirements.
Allowed to sign Arshavin after the deadline had ended ,as it was agreed in principle.It wasn't ,their director who signed off transfers was in Mexico and couldn't be contacted.
Having a game cancelled(against us because of a covid outbreak in their squad(it was one player)

There's a few for you

Well a new low has been reached.

I think it’s only fair the thread starter is banned from starting threads for the rest of 2024.

This type of offence can’t be a one off. I’d be worried what he’s capable of tbh.
I'd challenge anyone to drink a full bottle of whiskey and then see what threads they would start if capable.

I know there's already a "laugh at Gooners" thread, but I think this deserves another one.

I often have arguments with Gooners about how they are given every advantage possible by the League & FA over the years and they always deny it.

I want to make a comprehensive list, obviously Googling it wouldn't make a difference as they have the football media in their pocket.

Off the top of my head, there's Lasagnegate in 2006, conveniently almost our entire squad gets sick the day before the last day of the season with a CL place at stake.

Meanwhile the Goons have the entire media masterbating over their final game at the Original Library even though they'd just had their worst season in years, and "shockingly" our game doesn't get a postponement resulting in us missing out on Champions League football.

(Little side note, Woolwich have one of their own directors on the FA board for years in David Dein at the time, yet no-one in the media questions this conflict of interest?)

Then in 2022 a match between us and the Goons is postponed because the Goons have a player with COVID and a few players out injured and at AFCON, yet we'd got kicked out of the UEFA Conference League for a similar situation not long before.

There's likely many more, including how they got promoted to the top division in the first place.

Allowed to play for years in the champs league with a pitch which didnt meet the tournaments size requirements.
Allowed to sign Arshavin after the deadline had ended ,as it was agreed in principle.It wasn't ,their director who signed off transfers was in Mexico and couldn't be contacted.
Having a game cancelled(against us because of a covid outbreak in their squad(it was one player)

There's a few for you
That covid game worked well for us. We had loads out for the original date, by the time we played were were about full strength and battered them

Back
Top Bottom