a team& squad built for 6th/7th?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you're Danny Welbeck where would you go? If Soldado isn't good enough do we accept it and ship him out for half what we bought him for? If we spent the money we did on the new back 6 on a striker would we no be short on defenders? Still think our squad is really well balanced, Chadli seems to be doing the left wing thing well enough, Ade seems to be enjoying it upfront. If there's issues that need addressing then we can do so in January regarding injury and form, for now that squad looks great to me, arguably the best we've had across the park in the last ten years.

I disagree. they let both sturridge & lukaku go. both easily would be out best striker!
The club let them go? My point is they spent the Lukaku money last year on Soldado because they had no patience. And Sturridge was a massive risk. and neither players wanted to play for AVB after their spells under him at Chelsea.

I think we are a little short upfront. I think all we need is 1 player that's comfortable across the 3 behind the striker & Jay Rodriguez as a striker. If this happened I'd be over the moon with every part of the squad, thats not to say im not happy now!

true. but if u go by that logic, u could say if Mario hadn't missed those 3 good chances we could have gone in 4-0 down.
You are right. Ifs and buts. But, we had a nervous undertone about us that day and going behind seemed to reinforce the feeling to the players. We needed to equalise and come out second half on equal terms regaining some belief .

If you're Danny Welbeck where would you go? If Soldado isn't good enough do we accept it and ship him out for half what we bought him for? If we spent the money we did on the new back 6 on a striker would we no be short on defenders? Still think our squad is really well balanced, Chadli seems to be doing the left wing thing well enough, Ade seems to be enjoying it upfront. If there's issues that need addressing then we can do so in January regarding injury and form, for now that squad looks great to me, arguably the best we've had across the park in the last ten years.

I think we could have got Welbeck. Wenger didn't want to buy him, he wanted a loan, but United wanted to sell. They would rather sell to us than Woolwich -- we are still less of a threat to them, at least that is how they would see it. If we had met the price before deadline day he would have had the option of us or United reserves. I don't believe we wanted to do the deal.

I think we could have got Welbeck. Wenger didn't want to buy him, he wanted a loan, but United wanted to sell. They would rather sell to us than Woolwich -- we are still less of a threat to them, at least that is how they would see it. If we had met the price before deadline day he would have had the option of us or United reserves. I don't believe we wanted to do the deal.

Welbeck didn't want to come what could we do? seems we were pushing for it in the last week and thought it was close until pretty much the last day when Wenger got in touch with his brother and thundershit Wiltshire had a word with him.

He'd have fitted perfectly here and the price was a steal, both him and Schneiderlin would have been great and really pushed us on to another level ie genuine top 4 challengers, at the moment we're on course for 6th again.

Welbeck wouldn't chose us over them. And for £16 million I'm not bothered, that's a big gamble imo and I still get the feeling Poch wants Jay Rodriguez.

I think had we pushed hard enough and early enough (oo er missus) we could have got Welbeck. The fact for whatever reason we're not capable of getting in a player of Welbeck's calibre reflects badly on ENIC.
I think the last minute Falcao deal dictated what was going to happen with Welbeck, Woolwich probably got him for 4 million less than they would of earlier in the window. For the moment though the person he would of replaced for us has scored 3 goals for us this year has Chadli, so I'm not too bothered.

The team not involved today (not on bench or starting) [formation=4231, Friedel, Walker, Fazio, Veljkovic, Davis, Stambouli, Mason, Townsend, Carroll (on loan), Ceballos, Kane][/formation]

I think the last minute Falcao deal dictated what was going to happen with Welbeck, Woolwich probably got him for 4 million less than they would of earlier in the window. For the moment though the person he would of replaced for us has scored 3 goals for us this year has Chadli, so I'm not too bothered.
Fair enough, but I disagree. I think Welbeck was obtainable earlier in the summer, and we could have kept Chadli as well. To me it was all wrong that we didn't fill our HG quota. Add, for example, Wellbeck and Lescott, and we'd have looked a lot stronger, IMHO.

Fair enough, but I disagree. I think Welbeck was obtainable earlier in the summer, and we could have kept Chadli as well. To me it was all wrong that we didn't fill our HG quota. Add, for example, Wellbeck and Lescott, and we'd have looked a lot stronger, IMHO.
Lescott is ravaged by injuries though, and it would be unlike us to have an injury prone centre back :) had a good game yesterday though. I just don't see Welbeck choosing us over Woolwich, champions league, higher wage, stability, nailed on fourth place finish, I'm not putting us down but they are a more attractive destination for players. We do need that extra injection of pace though, I'm hoping Walker can add it when he comes back, Danny Rose has been all our width this year, need that on both sides.

Lescott is ravaged by injuries though, and it would be unlike us to have an injury prone centre back :) had a good game yesterday though. I just don't see Welbeck choosing us over Woolwich, champions league, higher wage, stability, nailed on fourth place finish, I'm not putting us down but they are a more attractive destination for players. We do need that extra injection of pace though, I'm hoping Walker can add it when he comes back, Danny Rose has been all our width this year, need that on both sides.
By all accounts we could have got Welbeck. However, my main point is we should have strengthened our squad and not left two HG spots free.

I'd bite your hand off for a 6th/7th finish right now!!
(mind you, did you mean a 6th/7th from Top... or Bottom??)

Back
Top Bottom