A farewell to White Hart Lane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

whatever type of occasion it is for our final game, ill be disappointed if the evening doesn't include a rendition of the quite remarkable Diamond Lights somewhere.

And maybe even their lesser known (but rather appropriately named) "Its Goodbye" as the show closer.

They really dont make them like that anymore. :chadliblow:

glenn-chris.jpg

I have vague memories of bands on the pitch before games being a thing in the early 90s. I'm convinced that it was genuinely Chas and Dave at one match but as time has gone on I have become less sure if I just imagined it, or made it up?

Anyone help?!

:ap:

I have vague memories of bands on the pitch before games being a thing in the early 90s. I'm convinced that it was genuinely Chas and Dave at one match but as time has gone on I have become less sure if I just imagined it, or made it up?

Anyone help?!

Yea they did.

I used to like Linda Lusardi walking round the pitch:ledleylick:

Man Utd will be the last home game at the Lane, love this to be a game either getting us top 4 above the scum, or 3 points securing the PL Title ⚽
Will still make the pilgrimage to the lane , with or without ticket with my son and watch the game in the Bell & Hare ( now called No 8 ?).
1st game in 1967 was Newcastle at home in the enclosure with J Greaves getting a hatrick, final score 4-0 ⚽
Saw both EUFA cup final wins home & away, plus Feyernoyd .
Best game was 5-1 against Woolwich, great atmosphere, but any time we beat the scum is good
COYS

Anyone help?!

Yep several times.

My Football Connections - this is the website of Willie Morgan - he used to do the "memory jerker" and stadium PA "welcome to White Hart Lane, the world famous home of the Spurs"

Have you guys been acting as if WHL is in its last season (as it is, even though partly deconstructed already)?
West Ham made their last season a cauldron (results etc.) and I was expecting the same.

We've already had Palace, Liverpool and Sunderland and none have been very inspiring performances. Surely the fans can give more to the players?

Have you guys been acting as if WHL is in its last season (as it is, even though partly deconstructed already)?
West Ham made their last season a cauldron (results etc.) and I was expecting the same.

We've already had Palace, Liverpool and Sunderland and none have been very inspiring performances. Surely the fans can give more to the players?
The best possible send off would be to unbeaten at The Lane and maybe even win the league.

We struggle to put in a performance for every "special occasion" we ever play from anerversery games, commemoration games to CL games at Wembley. For me the most fitting tribute should be about the football.

Yep several times.

My Football Connections - this is the website of Willie Morgan - he used to do the "memory jerker" and stadium PA "welcome to White Hart Lane, the world famous home of the Spurs"
He's driver for stars and such like these days. I was doing security at a film premier where I work and we got luxury cabs home as we finished so late. He was mine and my mates driver. He seemed pretty chuffed when I remembered him. Was showing photos from behind the scenes of Top and f the pops when Glenn and Chris were on it on his IPad.Very scathing about the sugar administration after he left.
He also explained to me that the reason we stopped coming out to McNamara's band and changed to Glory glory was because the DJ before him nicked the only copy we had... Only at Tottenham.
He worked for Woolwich as well,doing what he did for us.

Back
Top Bottom