A farewell to White Hart Lane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm inclined to go for a testimonial type game, between the current team and any Legends that are up for a kickabout. Ledley's testimonial was an excellent example of how good it can be when done right. I don't want any other team ruining our last game at the Lane, especially our own!
I've been going long enough to see quite a few changes, and have always felt a little sadness and nostalgia at the time (especially my last game standing on the Shelf). I love the fact we are still going to be a stone's throw from the current site, so people's match day routine is going to stay much the same. And even if it is called something else, it will always be White Hart Lane to me.
If I can only have one standout memory, then for me, has to be when we beat Woolwich 5-0 in 1983 - when that 5th went in, I nearly hit the ceiling of the stand, I jumped so high.

Sod it, got to give mentions to:
My first game against Sheff W, 1969
UEFA Cup Final 1984
Every time we beat Woolwich, Chelsea and West Ham
Champions League against Inter Milan

Ledley's testimonial was an excellent example of how good it can be
It's funny, I thought that game was going to be awful it was just a case of being there. But it brought all fans together and just looking up at the jumbotron at the end, and not at what was on the screen, but rather the club crest, was just magic.

I think a lot of lessons could be learned from that game in terms of celebrations, but I dunno, I'm just not holding my breath. I think the rubbish kit is a signal that Levy just sees the new stadium as another WHL.

It's funny, I thought that game was going to be awful it was just a case of being there. But it brought all fans together and just looking up at the jumbotron at the end, and not at what was on the screen, but rather the club crest, was just magic.

I think a lot of lessons could be learned from that game in terms of celebrations, but I dunno, I'm just not holding my breath. I think the rubbish kit is a signal that Levy just sees the new stadium as another WHL.

You think everything is going to be awful. Be honest - you're a widdershin - I'm astonished you tout yourself as a supporter.

Anyway, one of my most favourite memories of the old WHL was when we hammered Bristol Rovers 9-0 in the old 2nd division. Colin Lee getting four on his debut.

Hopefully palace won't be our final game.

200w.gif
What the fuck was Pardew thinking?

What the fuck was Pardew thinking?
When I saw him doing that on Saturday, all I could think for about 5 minutes after was "did he really just do that? What an embarrassment . What an utter cunt". Having watched it again, I pity the Palace fans. Not only did they lose in a final, but for evermore they have the piss taken out of them for "that celebration".
:avbfacepalm:

When I saw him doing that on Saturday, all I could think for about 5 minutes after was "did he really just do that? What an embarrassment . What an utter cunt". Having watched it again, I pity the Palace fans. Not only did they lose in a final, but for evermore they have the piss taken out of them for "that celebration".
:avbfacepalm:

Get over yourself, I found it amusing and I'm sure palace fans dont give a fuck either.... not sure what that has to do with this thread either.

. I know I sound like an old grump but all of my romantic feelings towards WHL are held with the old east stand, I simply do not have an attachment to this current version than the one I had with Mr Archibald Leitch's masterpiece & a terraced Park lane and Paxton. Obviously I'm very aware that for some WHL in it's current incarnation is all that is known and because of that the emotions felt would be the same as mine for the old, old WHL so I would respect a send off if wanted.

Seeing as we lose or at best draw every game that sees us celebrate something significant, I'd rather have the last game played as a testimonial game. A number of players left recently that were at this club for a very long time, so it would be appropriate for them to have a joint testimonial. By doing this it also keeps football at the centre of the celebration rather than some tacky variety show. Testimonials are also light hearted and good fun without the micro penis's getting anxious & twitchy.
You old grump... but yes... 100% what you said!

.... not sure what that has to do with this thread either.
It's 'cos they're gonna invite ALL our ex-players from our illustrious 136 year history to walk around the pitch after the final game...
But Pardew and Crouch will be the only two to turn up..m and both will want to do their little dance... Crouch's "Robot" and Pardew's "Smug Cunt Giration" ...and we'll have an online fans vote as to who's was the best... and that'll be that.
Goodbye White Hart Lane...

And THAT'S why it's relevant!

The last 2 seasons we have played our last match away and therefore time to end the season at Home. However the club may actually want to finish the home season as early as possible to allow them to get started demolishing the ground. I would therefore be surprised if they stage any farewell match after the season is over.

Get over yourself, I found it amusing and I'm sure palace fans dont give a fuck either.... not sure what that has to do with this thread either.
Tomo Tomo made an amusing post about Palace not being our last game. I commented on it. So what? Get over it your self you self satisfied cunt.

Would you be happy if Poch bust the worst moves ever on the day we lost a cup final? Of course you would.

Are you the thread policeman? Or just roaming aimlessly away from the Abebayor thread? Go back there. It suits you better.

:dembelefingers:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom