2017 FAYC semi-final vs Chelsea (14th March - 7:15pm - WHL - Block 16)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure many people will have enough time to get there early enough to make it worth it. I'll only be able to get over to Earls Court for about 6:15 at the earliest, so once you factor in the 15 minute walk to the ground, that's just not worth it at all.

Will probably just head straight to the ground and hope the atmosphere builds up naturally as people rock up.
We can just get the tube no?

It's definitely not one game.
I could be wrong. I just remember a youth cup final against man utd and it was a pisstake cos it was one game at Old Trafford- supposedly random neutral ground (as theirs youth played games at another stadium predominantly).
Unless that was another cup.

Watching the game on TV last night and was amused to find the youth teams of both clubs generally reflecting the type of football played by the senior squad. Spurs charging forward with abandon (but mostly without a great deal of control) and not really playing to any recognisable formation or plan whilst Chelsea keep control of the ball for long periods, maintaining possession and passing backwards/sideways if necessary, looking for an opportunity to pierce the tottenham rearguard. Fortunately the 'up and at'm' approached prevailed, whether this will be enough to get over the line at The Bridge we'll have to see.
That's not the game I saw. We defended better than I have seen us all season, our back 4 limited a very powerful and more experienced attack to long range shoots all night. As a whole we kept great shape and discipline which made us compact and very hard to pass through. Chelsea's only real threat was from key individuals running through us and at us and even those attacks were dealt with everytime by our defence. Our Defensive Midfielders broke up play with interceptions and well made tackles that more often than not set us on our way for an attack. These attacks were very deliberate (with a LOT of control), they were well supported attacks. The way we one the ball back is what set the tone of the whole match, each tackle is an attempt to win the ball and transition as fast as possible, which is a very deliberate tactic nothing like you describe as "without a formation or plan".

I could be wrong. I just remember a youth cup final against man utd and it was a pisstake cos it was one game at Old Trafford- supposedly random neutral ground (as theirs youth played games at another stadium predominantly).
Unless that was another cup.
That was the Premier League Under-21 Championship Play-Off Final - something that's now been scrapped. The FA Youth Cup Final is over 2 legs - if we get through we'll be away first against either Leicester or Manchester City. Worth noting that in both the SF and the Final there's no away goals rule - so any 2-goal victory for Chelsea in a couple of weeks sends the game to extra time even if we've scored.

Mason, Rose and Bentaleb ARE Spurs.
I expect Poch will be taking either CCV, Amos, KWP or Onomah for pre season. All all 4

Onomah has such quick feet, can finish and has excellent vision and a quick thinking footballing brain. That chest pass second half was something else.
CCV looked head and shoulders above every other defender on the pitch.

I think we benefited a lot form Brown going off. He is a very important player for them. I watched him play v Man U's youngsters and he ripped it up. Was the catalyst for everything they did imo.

If we can defend as well as we did last night at theirs and Onomah, Azzaoui and Shayon are at their best we can nick it.

I think we could have another similar player to Onomah coming through in Tashan Oakley Boothe. My step son plays at Spurs and is great mates with Tashan, goes to school with him.

Looking at the last year run of the FA youth cup , The final is over 2 games just like now and will be played at most likely the teams stadium eg: White hart lane and the other teams ground

Plus wiki for this years FA youth cup says "Final First leg and Second leg" :)

That's not the game I saw. We defended better than I have seen us all season, our back 4 limited a very powerful and more experienced attack to long range shoots all night. As a whole we kept great shape and discipline which made us compact and very hard to pass through. Chelsea's only real threat was from key individuals running through us and at us and even those attacks were dealt with everytime by our defence. Our Defensive Midfielders broke up play with interceptions and well made tackles that more often than not set us on our way for an attack. These attacks were very deliberate (with a LOT of control), they were well supported attacks. The way we one the ball back is what set the tone of the whole match, each tackle is an attempt to win the ball and transition as fast as possible, which is a very deliberate tactic nothing like you describe as "without a formation or plan".

Damn… after accruing so many 'likes' and 'agrees' on previous posts I spoilt it all by saying something controversial! I think my initial post actually read more harshly than I intended - I agree that we defended well (and when Chelsea did break through the excellent Walker-Peters appeared from nowhere to clear), my comments were generally aimed at the midfield/attack breaking after regaining possession in the spurs half. Too many times a player would take on too much by himself and lose the ball when a simple pass would have been a better option. I stand by my summation in that Chelsea were a better 'team' whilst spurs looked more like a group of talented individuals. Bearing in mind that last night was Chelsea U18s 6th Semi in a row and are current holders (or so I believe I heard it stated on tv) then it's not surprising that they would have the continuity that would underpin the 'team' ethic.

Yep, one time I cringed yesterday (armchairing it) was hearing the "Spurs Are On Their Way To Wembley" chant. We're not as I don't think the FAYC final is ever at Wembley, as amazing as it would be.

Top work other that all, came across very well on TV!

Back
Top Bottom