1882 Notes

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lemme just get this the fuck straight...

....we all support TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR... RIGHT???

RIGHT!

good, glad that's sorted!

I can't believe someone in the PL is against 1882!! This is what we are up against. Let's hope we can change the views of these fans. After all isn't that the point!!

People hate for hate sake.
I do wonder why some of these blokes come to Spurs, to me watching football is about
having a laugh with your mates on a weekend/weeknight, few beers before and after the game and watching your team smesh people left right and centre.
When were not winning I know it can be testing on supporters but these are the same blokes that watched Spurs in the 90s and 00s, surely they weren't this negative then.

We're all spurs fans at the end of the day. None of us have more rights than anyone else.
Sept Dan Levy. He pretty much can do as he pleases.

I'm impressed by TheLoniousfilth and Flav's response to this.

To think that the 1882 movement wasn't gonna meet criticism is very naive. Football fans are cruel and many don't like changes, even if they are for the better. A proper dialogue with these people is the way forward, and to see that this is happening makes me more positive than ever that the 1882 movement is there to last. Well done chaps!

People hate for hate sake.
I do wonder why some of these blokes come to Spurs, to me watching football is about
having a laugh with your mates on a weekend/weeknight, few beers before and after the game and watching your team smesh people left right and centre.
When were not winning I know it can be testing on supporters but these are the same blokes that watched Spurs in the 90s and 00s, surely they weren't this negative then.

Too right its amazing, none of the moaners are under 30 years old, so these people have been treated to the 90's ane early 00's garbage, yet still moan at where the club is today - I don't understand it

It's because with age people get less tollerant and they are probably scarred from that time too, being old and a Spurs/England fan has obviously taken its toll - but any psychologist in the universe will tell you negaive reinforecement (moaning/booing) has never helped anybody

'he came up with some stuff that hadn't crossed my mind'

What is/was it that hadn't crossed your mind? Or do we find out when he comes on the pod?

I'm in the Paxton which as you will all know is often taken the piss out of by Park Lane / Shelf Side and it's all fair game but believe me I like a sing-song as much as the rest of you and have been at all the 1882 youth games.

I used to wish my ST was at that end of the ground but the general atmosphere has been so poor for a few years now that I don't feel like I'm missing out anymore. Please continue with what you're doing and make the Lane noisy again as it ain't working on a week-to-week basis although, to be fair, the atmosphere on Sunday was good.

Too right its amazing, none of the moaners are under 30 years old, so these people have been treated to the 90's ane early 00's garbage, yet still moan at where the club is today - I don't understand it

It's because with age people get less tollerant and they are probably scarred from that time too, being old and a Spurs/England fan has obviously taken its toll - but any psychologist in the universe will tell you negaive reinforecement (moaning/booing) has never helped anybody
Whoa! I have got MORE tolerant with age. You get less idealistic as you get older.

You're confusing a 30 year-old with a 60 year-old.

To be honest, a lot of people hadn't heard of 1882 before we all turned up at games singing that "they used to sing down there"

If the situation was reversed and a bunch of other random guys did the same, I'm sure some people here may take umbrage.

I've been to every 1882, bar last week, missing sherif , and I think its a great idea, going very well, and well done to the work and planning that has gone into it.
However to think it's perfect as it currently is, and that critisim is unfair is quite naiive, and that sort of blind criticsm of people who might not understand or agree with it will make things worse.
I personally don't like a few things that happen at the events, but thats more an issue of where it has come from quite quickly, and not saying its not a good thing overall and trying to make a difference.

Well done to Flav and co. bringing people in to discuss their qualms and try and learn and improve as it grows is a good thing, and ultimately make it more acceptable with a wider group.

I have to remind myself that everybody supports the club in different ways. Just like we all wear different coats, aftershave and on occasion different coloured shoes with different coloured trousers.

There is no right and wrong, but personally I am disappointed the Lane is no longer the noisy place it used to be (in some areas of the ground).

And when you read the guidelines set out how to be an acceptable supporter, it's obvious that families and middle income cash to spend at the club shop are more to the powers that be liking than most other types of new supporter.

Times are changing and 1882 is a great idea. For some.

To ignore the rest would be stupid so hopefully with a bit of dialogue people on the outside of 1882 can see it for what it is.
And likewise if 1882 is causing problems for others in whatever shape or form, it's not going to harm to know what is happening on the other side of the coin.

Well done again to all involved with it. As has been mentioned previously in the thread the organisation and effort from those involved is phenomenal to get it to the point it has reached today.

I'm genuinely intrigued as to what the guy doesn't like about people coming to games with the intention to sing and support, as such I shall hold off with the facetious remarks, for now...

Back
Top Bottom