#16 - The Spurs Preservation Society

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have read all the responses, and of course everyone is not going to agree with what Simon and I were saying. However, I do want to say and make clear we are certainly in favour of a great atmosphere in the ground and we are not in anyway against the singing of 1882. What we were trying to say is that is it not more powerful if we sing as one.

We did join in with the 1882 songs in the majority but there were times we tried to get other songs going such as we're the shelf side and we're the park lane for example which was drowned out by 1882. There was a slight level of frustration there and so we tried again and we were drowned out again. It would have been nice to see 1882 join in as they were in the park lane. We are not saying do not sing your songs simply saying when other songs are sung join in with them as well.

With regard to the old guard, I did not realise it was mentioned so many times, and without going down respect the elders route as it is not overly relevant in this discussion. The guys were referring to are guys who have been going many years singing songs for years, bringing their kids and now grandkids to games who did join in with 1882 and but when other songs were started and not joined in with got slightly miffed, and sung the song Simon mentioned.

All we were trying to say was we agree with 1882 but it would be nice if they joined in with songs that they had not started which we felt had not happened. I felt the podcast was positive and the dialogue was good and going forward we can build that atmosphere as one group which we all want.

We did join in with the 1882 songs in the majority but there were times we tried to get other songs going such as we're the shelf side and we're the park lane for example which was drowned out by 1882. There was a slight level of frustration there and so we tried again and we were drowned out again. It would have been nice to see 1882 join in as they were in the park lane. We are not saying do not sing your songs simply saying when other songs are sung join in with them as well.
In all fairness, and this isn't a dig it's just a fact, I didn't hear a single song started on the Shelfside all night. This is because of all the noise in Block 35.

Not saying they didn't, but we simply couldn't hear it. We can't really get round that issue unless it was something ridiculous like "We'll start songs on the odd minutes, you start on the even". Obviously this is completely nonsensical, so I don't know what else to suggest, unless you can get more people involved elsewhere so that we can hear it!

Back
Top Bottom