Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I like him because he can thread a pass as demonstrated by the hand full of assists he has got this season, it's not that complicated sammytroll.

It is complicated. A handfull of completed passes doesnt make him any better than Townsend.

Townsends biggest problem is shooting way off the mark. At least he gets his shot off and gets around the man though, where as Lamela does a little tap dance or flick and fucks up 90% of our attacks.....by taking ten minutes to decide whether to actually make that pass or not.

If he was from Stoke on Trent and called Dave Williams and cost 4M, you would think he was fucking shite.

He´s actually worse than OHara and has less end product or vision than Bentley.

I would rather have Holtby or Siggy in there, but I dont see you pining for them.

People are sick of potential....he´s not 12yrs old. He needs to grow up and stop thinking he´s Ronaldo in a charity match.

Last edited:
I like him because he can thread a pass as demonstrated by the hand full of assists he has got this season,
Mate - he's done. 21 years old means he'll never ever improve. Ever. Release now to Yeovil Town and bring back the good ol' English lads O'Hara and Hudd - bread and butter. Enough with these pretty foreigners coming here, playing for our club and shit.

Last edited:
Does anyone else remember when Ronaldo used to only ever do step-overs for Utd and everyone slated him? Everyone on here giving Lamela stick for attempting skills, I personally see it as a good sign. The more skills he is attempting the more he is growing in confidence and is feeling comfortable enough to do it in a match, surely that is a positive?

giphy.gif

Everytime i watch Lamela he either runs into the first man he tries to go around or tries a trick and loses (forgets) the ball. £30m and one good game aint good math
done giving him the benefit of the doubt now he's proved he's shit...

I'm disappointed with his recent form, but it's still a bit early to write him off imo. He's a victim of his high price tag, which is not his fault, and he's quite young still. If he's struggling in a year's time then he'll probably never adapt, but if you put together all his league appearances for us it's only half a season. We know he has the ability and if he can get his mind up to PL speed then he can be great. It's up to him basically.

He's still young and had loads of potential. I know it's a shit season, but turning on one of our bright young talents isn't the way to go.

I don't mind being patient with this guy, I've seen enough to know he could be a very decent player. He is one of our hardest working players, I like a player that wants the ball, I like a player that likes to get on the ball and not hide. He is closing down opposition players in 93rd minute.
Yes, he is frustrating, he is easily disposessed and he needs to figure out what to do with the ball quicker and his execution is off (but not always, he made the pass of the game with a dummy and a excellent cross field ball to Davies I think). In a couple of years time he could be the stardust we all crave.
BUT IMO the big problem is not him but our other players in the squad, they do not challenge him for his position. I know many Spurs fans rate Lennon but for me he is a very average footballer (his most prolific season in nearly 10yrs is 5 fucking goals), yes he had one of his best games against Everton, but so did everyone else. He was a liability against Chelsea and was hardly in the game at all, not something I expect from a senior footballer.
A fully fit Townsend might give him a run, I don't think Townsend is better overall but he does offer something different as he has pace and I think might be better at getting past his man too, before his injury he appeared to be picking a pass as opposed to widely shooting in to row Z.
I remember Ronaldo's first season, it was all show and no go. Endless step overs and flicks always over complicating a move and frequently Utd's attacks would brake down with him, but one thing Fergie did was to encourage him to keep doing it.
His deficiencies are exaggerated as we, with the exception of perhaps Eriksen, have no one else with any real talent so everything rests on his young shoulders.

There are CLEAR signs he is a quality player. For starters he has better ball control than nearly everyone in our team. His pass and move is superior to most players in our team, he's the sort of player who will look for a 1-2 in and around a packed box. Just not coming off yet. He'll come good, no doubt about it.

It's all my fault. I took a bet before the season with a friend of mine; which one is going to score more in the league: Lamela or Cabella.

It's a strange one. His finishing is actually great, but he's always so deep because of his addiction to getting the ball. He'll come back to the half way line and then try to dribble past everyone or play passes that are just too acute.

He needs to watch Hazzard play and copy him and needs to learn to just stay high up the pitch. He seems to think he can't impact the game without the ball, which is bollocks. He's a number 10 all day long, at the moment.

There are CLEAR signs he is a quality player. For starters he has better ball control than nearly everyone in our team. His pass and move is superior to most players in our team, he's the sort of player who will look for a 1-2 in and around a packed box. Just not coming off yet. He'll come good, no doubt about it.
Are you eating or drinking something?
"he has better ball control than nearly everyone in our team"?????????
"His pass and move is superior"???????

Now having the words "Lamela" and "Superior" in the same sentence is absolute criminal unless one means "Lamela is superior sh**"

Are you watching Spurs matches? Gimmie a break....amazing how people can write such thing

:cool:

Back
Top Bottom